why was jfk assassinated?

The good, and certainly correct, answer is already known. People just don't want to hear it.

For one thing it raises a lot of awkward questions as to how the trend happens that ideologically motivated assassins of Presidents in US history like Czgolosz and Oswald and wannabes like Zangara tend to follow the more hardline Leftist viewpoints, given that the usual pattern of political violence in the USA is from the other side of the spectrum.

Excutive order 11,110 if implemented would've put the US on a silver standard. The Fed didnt want the currency based in a commodity (we were all but off the gold standard at that point with the last link of the American Dollar to gold broken in the 70's) JFK simply made enemies with the Federal Reserve.

Excutive order 11,110 if implemented would've put the US on a silver standard. The Fed didnt want the currency based in a commodity (we were all but off the gold standard at that point with the last link of the American Dollar to gold broken in the 70's) JFK simply made enemies with the Federal Reserve.

*From inside the bunker*

Well, I have a feeling some wrath from Calbear is about to land. Good thing I got that Adamantium installed from the Marvel Universe last week.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I know the thread was tempting, but everyone else managed to avoid it until you came along at post # 45 (and with one of most outlandish, and frankly poorly thought out) conspiracy theories running loose.

While you clearly crossed the line, I am going to try a Red Card instead of the Banhammer. Do not make me regret this decision.

You are kicked for a week for posting (and defending) conspiracy theories.

Anyone know why in Watchmen, the Comedian was the shooter on the grassy knoll?

In the comics there were hints that he'd both assassinated JFK and prevented ATL Watergate. OTOH Watchmen is a world with a naked blue magic-man as the USA's major strategic deterrence, so having a JFK conspiracy in a world like that might actually be some rather subtle commentary on the part of Alan Moore.

Wolfpaw

Banned
In the comics there were hints that he'd both assassinated JFK and prevented ATL Watergate. OTOH Watchmen is a world with a naked blue magic-man as the USA's major strategic deterrence, so having a JFK conspiracy in a world like that might actually be some rather subtle commentary on the part of Alan Moore.
I think the better question is, "Why didn't Dr. Manhattan warn JFK?"

I think the better question is, "Why didn't Dr. Manhattan warn JFK?"

He actually referenced this in terms of the story when his girlfriend asked them. Evidently the thing about his being omniscient is that he knew he'd know he knew without acting, so he couldn't change the future because his not-acting leads to the future. Doctor Manhattan's abilities in Mind-Screw IMHO are sorely underrated.

Conspiracy theories

Conspiracy theroies at their core are based in several phenominally ego focussed and illogical key fallacies.

Fallacy the first, "I have a SECRET!"

Fallacy the second, "I am smarter/better/more enlightend/ more gifted than people who do not know my special secret."

Fallacy the third, A Government that seems incapable of keeping most rather important other facts secrets, has still managed to hoodwink "The masses/the sheeple/et cetera"

Fallacy the fourth, Occam's razor is for suckers and sheeple.

But the bottom line for the people who favor conspiracy theories is that their self applied status as a "Secret holder" places them in directly implied superiority over EVERYONE who is even the least bit skeptical of their little hobby horse conspiracy story. "Oh, SURE you WOULD believe that, but they didn't trick me, I know DA TROOF!"

Garrison

Donor
Has anyone actually done a TL where Kennedy was assassinated by a conspiracy? A realistic take on how that might happen and what would unfold in the aftermath could be interesting.

Has anyone actually done a TL where Kennedy was assassinated by a conspiracy? A realistic take on how that might happen and what would unfold in the aftermath could be interesting.

I think the problem is that if not well handled, it would simply degenerate into sounding like someone writing about an actual conspiracy theory from OTL. If everything was done secretely, you would assume that the timeline would bear little to no overt changes so it wouldn't be much of alternate history.