Protect and Survive: A Timeline

Being ex-SAC, I'd be willing to donate to the mob a few Minuteman missiles I took home as souvenirs when I retired... :)

"Whatcha got in the garage?"

"Oh, stuff from work. Never gonna use it, but, can't just throw it away, you know..."

And, for some reason, the neighbors just know not to piss you off. ;)

TheKinkster

Banned
There's an episode of Married With Children where Al and the Bundy's are at war with Marcy and Jefferson...Jefferson gets on the phone one evening and calls up a "friend" (it was implied in the series that Jefferson was some kind of ex-secret agent), and the next thing you see is the Bundy's house blowing up.

Was watching tv with one of my granddaughters the other night, and that episode came up on reruns...she looks at me, and says, "So, Grandpa, if that were you it would be the entire neighborhood, huh?" :)

There's an episode of Married With Children where Al and the Bundy's are at war with Marcy and Jefferson...Jefferson gets on the phone one evening and calls up a "friend" (it was implied in the series that Jefferson was some kind of ex-secret agent), and the next thing you see is the Bundy's house blowing up.

Was watching tv with one of my granddaughters the other night, and that episode came up on reruns...she looks at me, and says, "So, Grandpa, if that were you it would be the entire neighborhood, huh?" :)

"Entire neighborhood??" How about the entire friggin' city? :D

TheKinkster

Banned
Kinkster, what did you do in SAC?

Was a B-52 copilot, then a pilot--both out of Offutt--then was in the Hole at SAC HQ on the battle staff to CINCSAC for a number of years. Retired in 1989 when it became crystal-clear that Colonel was as high as I was going (reason for which is actually a story in and of itself which is sort of relevant to this thread's topic, but I don't want to totally hijack it).

Was a B-52 copilot, then a pilot--both out of Offutt--then was in the Hole at SAC HQ on the battle staff to CINCSAC for a number of years. Retired in 1989 when it became crystal-clear that Colonel was as high as I was going (reason for which is actually a story in and of itself which is sort of relevant to this thread's topic, but I don't want to totally hijack it).

Thank you for your service!

Yup, thanks for your service. :D I bet you must have seen quite a few things the general public might not have heard of, or even wanted to hear of.

Have you read any Dale Brown? (He used to be a B-52 navigator I think, and went on to write technothrillers of, in my opinion, highly erratic quality.)

TheKinkster

Banned
You're quite welcome, and I've read some Dale Brown...not my speed. I'm actually a Tom Clancy junkie.

And yep, I've got a few stories I could tell that would make your hair stand on end. The ones I CAN'T tell would...