Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should I let some randomer speak on my behalf? They aren't representative of my views on the map, I summed my opinion up quite nicely myself I think, people really don't say "the proverbial" that much anymore.

Honestly what I said is the exact same as what everyone else has said, and that is "What am I looking at?"
Krall made it wordier but it's the same basic question. I just added "fuck" to mine because I enjoy swearing, I find it helps me express myself in fewer words then being polite does.

The issue here is the way you expressed your views is incendiary and not welcoming. We should welcome newcomers while encouraging them to work harder. My problem isn't that you said "fuck," it's calling his map completely shite in the quote. This is not a good way to get newcomers to listen to advice.

And you're right: it is exactly what everyone else said, which deflates your argument that relying on a random member's response is unrepresentative of your own views. I think when it comes to bad maps, everyone is thinking the same thing. Unless the cursing is a necessary ingredient, then you can let others speak for you.

Also, I did apologise, and frankly if I get reported one more time CalBear is gone shit a brick and then bludgeon me to death with it. So let's all just drop this now.

Don't worry, I'm not reporting anyone.

Map I made:

You make up the description :p

My Map.PNG

What I find ironic is this: judging by the fellow's posting record, we probably won't see or hear from him [or her] again until sometime in 2014 or so...

Map I made:

Oh Jesus....everyone hates random maps, especially when they're random in the sense that you just edited and recoloured some borders

I'm going to bed, I have to pretend to be religious for my little brother tomorrow, fucking Irish Barmitzvah only without the usual ten-glass ethanol.

Map I made:

Let's see:
Random territorial claims fulfilled
Random borders dropped and nations combined
Texas won it's independence, but the US lost the Mexican war? But still gained Baja? At least Texas retains the Rio Grande border...
Any countries in Africa that make the map 'cleaner' get combined...
Ditto with India
Russia takes everything it wants (plus Mongolia) except some of the Caucasus and Turkmenistan
Japan got Sakhalin (looks cleaner than Russia)
Australia gets Papau and New Zealand, which is left as a rump state in it's Polynesian territories.
Of course, a united Scandinavia, but Denmark wants to do their own thing, which includes taking back Iceland.
The UK falls apart in a most unusual fashion (and drops their claims on Rockall)
France loses Brittany, but gains Belgium and Luxembourg.
United Arabia.

I can't go on any further.

Map I made:

People in the U.S. get tired of having to count to fifty, so they rearrange a bunch of state borders until there are only a dozen or so. Somewhere along the way, British Columbia gets shuffled in by mistake, but the Canadians agree to swap it for Maine, so that's OK. When Arizona and New Mexico heard that they were going to end up as part of "Big Texas," they snuck out the back door one night when everyone else was asleep and joined up with Mexico instead. Mexico considers this only fair considering what happened to Baja California.

The reanimated corpse of Simon Bolivar rises from his grave to rebuild Gran Colombia, defeating Hugo Chavez in a beach volleyball match along the way. When he hears the news, Fidel Castro has a stroke and dies. By virtue of an ultra-secret treaty, this makes Cuba a U.S. state. A wave of random annexations sweeps South America in the wake of Zombolivar's victory.

On the other side of the Atlantic, the United Kingdom and France get together and decide that it would make absolutely no sense if Britain were to give Scotland and Cornwall independence while picking up Brittany, so they do that. Italy takes control of Tunisia by threatening to kick Sicily at them. The Baltic nations have an accident involving a bottle of superglue and end up inextricably stuck together. Further south, time begins running in reverse The Czech Republic gets back together with Slovakia, and Austria and Hungary hook up again, and Yugoslavia reassembles itself. Russia freaks out.

Israel achieves its longstanding ambition to look vaguely like the letter 'J'. Iran and Iraq realize they actually have a lot in common. The new nation of Iranq promptly divvies up the 'Stans with Russia, but it's not like anyone will miss them.

The inhabitants of South Korea look at the world plunging into insanity and conclude that the only logical course of action is to surrender to North Korea, since they have far more experience with this sort of thing. China, India, and Japan try to pretend nothing is happening.

Down Under, the Australians and the New Zealanders discover that after years of confusion they were in fact the same thing. They celebrate this discovery by barbecuing hundreds of sheep and thousands of jars of Marmite.

Stuff happens in Africa, but no one cares.

Look, what was the point of this?

People in the U.S. get tired of having to count to fifty, so they rearrange a bunch of state borders until there are only a dozen or so. Somewhere along the way, British Columbia gets shuffled in by mistake, but the Canadians agree to swap it for Maine, so that's OK. When Arizona and New Mexico heard that they were going to end up as part of "Big Texas," they snuck out the back door one night when everyone else was asleep and joined up with Mexico instead. Mexico considers this only fair considering what happened to Baja California.

The reanimated corpse of Simon Bolivar rises from his grave to rebuild Gran Colombia, defeating Hugo Chavez in a beach volleyball match along the way. When he hears the news, Fidel Castro has a stroke and dies. By virtue of an ultra-secret treaty, this makes Cuba a U.S. state. A wave of random annexations sweeps South America in the wake of Zombolivar's victory.

On the other side of the Atlantic, the United Kingdom and France get together and decide that it would make absolutely no sense if Britain were to give Scotland and Cornwall independence while picking up Brittany, so they do that. Italy takes control of Tunisia by threatening to kick Sicily at them. The Baltic nations have an accident involving a bottle of superglue and end up inextricably stuck together. Further south, time begins running in reverse The Czech Republic gets back together with Slovakia, and Austria and Hungary hook up again, and Yugoslavia reassembles itself. Russia freaks out.

Israel achieves its longstanding ambition to look vaguely like the letter 'J'. Iran and Iraq realize they actually have a lot in common. The new nation of Iranq promptly divvies up the 'Stans with Russia, but it's not like anyone will miss them.

The inhabitants of South Korea look at the world plunging into insanity and conclude that the only logical course of action is to surrender to North Korea, since they have far more experience with this sort of thing. China, India, and Japan try to pretend nothing is happening.

Down Under, the Australians and the New Zealanders discover that after years of confusion they were in fact the same thing. They celebrate this discovery by barbecuing hundreds of sheep and thousands of jars of Marmite.

Stuff happens in Africa, but no one cares.

Look, what was the point of this?

Nice work! :) Just a bit of fun really :p

It also appears that Rump Vietnam consists of some claims in the uninhabitable Spratly Islands.

And Bhutan is a mess, having been mostly absorbed by India, but with some simply claimed by them, the rest claimed by both Chinas, and just a bit independent.

I dig the independent Åland Islands and Saaremaa Island, though.

It also appears that Rump Vietnam consists of some claims in the uninhabitable Spratly Islands.

And Bhutan is a mess, having been mostly absorbed by India, but with some simply claimed by them, the rest claimed by both Chinas, and just a bit independent.

I dig the independent Åland Islands and Saaremaa Island, though.

Bhutan`s non-existance is what the Indians what you to believe. It actually recovered the Bengal Duars and Cooch-Behar.

Status
Not open for further replies.