Flag Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty Vicar

Banned
Exactly like that, actually! Do you need my email, or will you post the bigger one here?

Here it is, I had trouble with the black outline of the design, so it won't fare well under very very close scrutiny, perhaps someone more skilled could do it? Incidentally I have a feeling tinypic may compress the image somewhat, affecting the resolution, if you wish I could upload it to megaupload or some such site?

http://i43.tinypic.com/fe2uqu.jpg

fe2uqu.jpg

This flag I've been working on for a bit. The design of the 13 stars and torch comes from Martin23230's design for a nationalist America. I adapted it to turn it into some bizarre Imperial flag. :p

Empire Flag.png

Empire Flag.png

The newest version of my United States of Greater Austria Flag. I thought of adding a sun. each sunray should represent one of the States, in total there are 27. Black and yellow for the Habsburgs and white for peace and unity.
What do you think of it ?

The newest version of my United States of Greater Austria Flag. I thought of adding a sun. each sunray should represent one of the States, in total there are 27. Black and yellow for the Habsburgs and white for peace and unity.

I still think it looks too much like the Romanov one.

If anything, using the black and yellow Habsburg colors only would work better, since the geographic term Austria - at the time - encompassed all the ethnicities. Unless of course you look at it in the strictest way possible, where even the name of Austria only refers to a small strip of land along the Danube between Pressburg and Linz.

Either way, a flag that similiar to that of the Slavic Romanovs would never be approved by the Germans in Austria, even if you somehow managed to get them to view all ethnicities as equals.

Thanks.
Well just because they have the similar colour... Also Russia didnt use the romanov flag in the WWI time. So i don't think it would be that big problem.
And if i would make it only black/yellow now, the whole idea behind the flag would be kinda ruined. So i think i just stay with it, especially with that eagle and the sun i think its different enough from the Romanov flag.

And PRFU i got the texture from here:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/203/6/d/Flag_texture_by_alxfa.jpg

It's free for use.

Last edited:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/2454bj.jpg/
PUNY BALKANS, TWO-FACE SAMURAI RA DEMANDS YOUR SUBMISSION!

Seriously though; I think it would work better with the eagle alone. The sun is a bit much. (Not that I am one to speak when it comes to over-crowded flags.)

sun is too much...and has little to do with germanic heraldry...also might want to remove the red eyes on the eagle...kinda make them look more like crows

hmm. I would need something to represent the states though i think that would be important in a federalized Habsburg Empire. I tried it with stars but that looks even stranger

Where did you put the stars originally? I think it could potentially work well enough if you shrunk the eagle a bit and added the (black) stars in a circle around it.

hmm. I would need something to represent the states though i think that would be important in a federalized Habsburg Empire. I tried it with stars but that looks even stranger

the problem with that is that all of the verious ethnic groups had few symbols in commonalitym, except when most of it was in the hre...
just keep the eagle in profile, and mabye add a czech and slavic element in its claws instead of swords...or something christian

Status
Not open for further replies.