Dominion of Southern America - Updated July 1, 2018

Glen

Though as a Brit I am immune to all Roosevelt-is-awesome hyperbole, with one brother fighting for the US and one for the empire, what price

Actually, they are BOTH fighting for the British Empire, one in the DSA, the other in Europe.

Yes, but if I read it correctly, Nick is actually fighting for a British unit, whereas Marty is leading a US unit which is simply assisting their allies on British soil, and thus within reasonable expectation at the end of the war will simply be given orders to return to the USA and remain American, albeit as a hero.

So, to be clear, older brother Nick joined the regular British Army. Younger brother Marty joined a volunteer company of Americans who are fighting for the Dominion - they are authorized to fight and take their orders from the Dominion, and by extension, the British Empire. They have no official standing with the US government or the US military. Therefore, both are fighting under the official auspices of the British Empire, one in the regular military, the other as an irregular volunteer. Their status is closer to that of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade in the Spanish Civil War OTL (but without all the Communist baggage). Therefore, Falastur, Marty and his unit can't be ordered back by anyone in the US government or military.

Note, while they may be fighting for the British, they are and will remain red-blooded Americans.

So, to be clear, older brother Nick joined the regular British Army. Younger brother Marty joined a volunteer company of Americans who are fighting for the Dominion - they are authorized to fight and take their orders from the Dominion, and by extension, the British Empire. They have no official standing with the US government or the US military. Therefore, both are fighting under the official auspices of the British Empire, one in the regular military, the other as an irregular volunteer. Their status is closer to that of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade in the Spanish Civil War OTL (but without all the Communist baggage). Therefore, Falastur, Marty and his unit can't be ordered back by anyone in the US government or military.

Ah, sorry then. I misread. I also probably wouldn't have made that response if I'd actually bothered checking who replied to me when you made your previous comment. I figured someone else had made that comment, and thus assumed they had misunderstood too. Umm...oops?

Note, while they may be fighting for the British, they are and will remain red-blooded Americans.

Who are you referring to? Marty and his unit? Or Marty and his brother? The combination determines whether my initial suggestion is plausible in the future or not ;)

Glen

Damn! I have two week's holiday and another 5 pages appears.;)

No major developments over the holidays but some interesting discussions and points raised.

Looking forward to seeing how the war(s) develop. Has the S American conflict actually been linked into the wider war? I.e. are the western powers also at war with Grand Columbia?

Steve

Glen

My plans to infuse Roosevelt blood and influence into Albion's royal family and national ethos have now been rendered nothing but soggy cereal. ;) Seriously though Glen, you are a master story weaver! :cool:

I thank you for the praise, but do not denegrate your own fine efforts!

Glen

So, good news bad news - Look to the West is kicking our ass so far, BUT we are the only one even close!

So, if you believe in the Dominion, Vote DSA!!! Vote to bring down the Juggernaut LTTW!
Do it for the Empress Elizabeth, Do it for President Poe, Do it for The Roosevelt Brothers!
DO IT!!!

We are now only ten votes behind LTTW. Come, my mighty readers! You can make the difference!! VOTE DSA!!!:D:D:D

Glen

We are now only ten votes behind LTTW. Come, my mighty readers! You can make the difference!! VOTE DSA!!!:D:D:D

Actually, 9 votes behind, now! At this rate, we could catch up!! Get your friends and family to VOTE DSA!;)

Glen

Actually, 9 votes behind, now! At this rate, we could catch up!! Get your friends and family to VOTE DSA!;)

Now we are only 8 votes away from LTTW! Can we do it? YES WE CAN! VOTE DSA!!!

(note, update is being worked on - hope to have out tonight).

Glen

A Map of Europe in The Year of Blood.

Europe 1890.png

Not sure why I haven't commented on this TL long ago. This is a great TL. You trumped my "Hey look guys it's the obligatory Roosevelt in AH!" reference by just a post or two in my TL.

Given all the hype, I'm expecting a nice picture of a little girl holding a flower as a mushroom cloud rises in the background. "If you vote for Look to the West...bad things might happen."

Keep up the good work.

Benjamin

Glen

Interesting. The easterners haven't taken as much of Germany as I had feared. Still a lot but the main industrial areas should still be save.

No good asking for my vote. On a matter of principle I refuse to vote twice so I can't vote for you again.;)

Steve