TL-191: After the End

They were also mentioned to be the only other country besides Russia who shot its own soldiers for retreating. IIRC, that was mentioned in the scene where Patton slaps a shell-shocked soldier.

So apparently TL-191 Imperial Japan is little better than OTL Imperial Japan.

Wolfpaw

Banned
So apparently TL-191 Imperial Japan is little better than OTL Imperial Japan.
Turtledove has never given us any reason to suspect otherwise, and their near-schizoid opportunism/adventurism sort of implies that the water coolers in Tokyo have been filled with PCP.

Wolfpaw

Banned
The last update was January 1,2010 ! Whats the problem with posting in this thread?
against-the-rules.jpg

At least, that seems to be the crux of their argument.

I'd go again, but the general rule in map games seems to be that two different people have to go before one can go again.

Solroc

Banned
Yeah, I think we should stick to the rules. Besides, if that dies, we could always make another one. There's always a different story being told for each map game.

Solroc

Banned
Well, I posted. The game continues.

Also, I wonder, why hasn't anyone done a TL-191 map game starting from 1886, after the U.S. lose the Second Mexican War?

just curious, but does anyone here see a potential "Cold War" like thing happening between the US and Kaiser Germany? something like the relations going bad as somewhat like after WWI?

Wolfpaw

Banned
The biggest issue will probably be colonialism. We could see the US serving as the USSR parallel when it comes to supporting independence movements in the colonies.

just curious, but does anyone here see a potential "Cold War" like thing happening between the US and Kaiser Germany? something like the relations going bad as somewhat like after WWI?

The USA and the German Empire are certainly rivals in TTL, but generally friendly rivals. There will not be an analogue to the Cold War in TTL, not least because there's nothing for the Americans and Germans to fight about.

Vexacus

Banned
The USA and the German Empire are certainly rivals in TTL, but generally friendly rivals. There will not be an analogue to the Cold War in TTL, not least because there's nothing for the Americans and Germans to fight about.
Word from the creator of this thread.... HALLELUJEA.... And speaking of the creator of this thread, I think I speak for all the subsrubers to this thread when I say: Update, update rah-rah-rah :D

But didn't Turtledove hint at this idea at the end of the last book in the series? I seem to remember a conversation between Armstrong and one of his army buddies about Armstrong being a US Army colonel leading the force that 'liberates' Paris from the Germans in a war that will take place 10 or 20 years in the future.

But didn't Turtledove hint at this idea at the end of the last book in the series? I seem to remember a conversation between Armstrong and one of his army buddies about Armstrong being a US Army colonel leading the force that 'liberates' Paris from the Germans in a war that will take place 10 or 20 years in the future.

Squidface was saying that as an excuse to make fun of Armstrong's name.

Even if there is a German-US cold war, it won't be as hostile as OTL.

David, any chance for showing us the US-Japan war you forshadowed? ;)