Dominion of Southern America - Updated July 1, 2018

Nope, New Hampshire is "Live Free or Die!" - close, but not the same. I suppose Virginia could use the whole quote, "Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"

Point taken. Good catch. Regardless, I like that which you proposed initially.

Glen

A fun map superimposing OTL on the DSA timeline.

DSA NA c OTL smaller.png

Glen

The 29th state to enter the Union was carved out of the Adams Territory in 1866. Named after the river that comprised its northern border, Niobrara, it's growth into statehood was fueled by the transcontinental railroad that ran through its center. The state's eastern border was the Missouri River, to the south the 40th parallel to the Republican River, and the 103rd meridian comprised the state's western border.

DSA US State of Niobrara.png

Niobrara doesn't seem like a realistic name. Too hard to pronounce for a monolingual American. Niobraxa or Niobraska, though, that might work. Or just Nebraska like OTL.

EDIT: Oh, I clicked on your link to Nebraska and saw its etymology. I didn't see that Niobrara was an OTL river name.

No problems.
What's the first?:D;)
Look to the West.

Also, Remnants of Rome is 10th ;).

Glen

No problems.
What's the first?:D;)

Niobrara doesn't seem like a realistic name. Too hard to pronounce for a monolingual American. Niobraxa or Niobraska, though, that might work. Or just Nebraska like OTL.

EDIT: Oh, I clicked on your link to Nebraska and saw its etymology. I didn't see that Niobrara was an OTL river name.

Look to the West.

Also, Remnants of Rome is 10th ;).

Noted, one and all. Yep, Niobrara is OTL.

Glen, a few ideas of stuff you can adress in the future:

-The situation of the former slaves in the USA
-The immigration waves into the USA.
-TTL versions of Edgar Allen Poe and Mark Twain and the like.
-The Mormons, if they or an analog exist in this TL.

Glen

Glen, a few ideas of stuff you can adress in the future:

-The situation of the former slaves in the USA
Do you mean the former slaves of the USA freed before 1800, freed slaves from British Southern America who migrate to the USA from 1840 on, or something else (like freed slaves in the DSA)?

-The immigration waves into the USA.
Well, we have said a few things in the past about them already - what in particular were you looking for?

-TTL versions of Edgar Allen Poe and Mark Twain and the like.
Are you looking for the TTL relatives of these people, or the great writers of 19th century USA?

-The Mormons, if they or an analog exist in this TL.
Mormons and Mormon analogues don't really exist ITTL - closest you're going to get are the deists.

Do you mean the former slaves of the USA freed before 1800, freed slaves from British Southern America who migrate to the USA from 1840 on, or something else (like freed slaves in the DSA)?

Well, we have said a few things in the past about them already - what in particular were you looking for?

Are you looking for the TTL relatives of these people, or the great writers of 19th century USA?

Mormons and Mormon analogues don't really exist ITTL - closest you're going to get are the deists.

As for the slaves, I'd say concentrate on the former American slaves, and maybe groups like the Chinese too. It will be interesting to see how the USA will treat them in this world, I would imagine better. Maybe do one on the situation in the DSA too.

As for immigrants, this era was the OTL immigrant rush, the time where America really became the world's melting pot.

Which brings up another interesting idea: since the Statue of Liberty has been butterflied away, why not have the British give the USA something smiliar to celibrate the bicentenial? Then later on, the USA gives the DSA something smiliar?

Well, since you tell me Master Clemons is butterflied away (weeps), the great writers of the OTL USA would do well.

Well, if you do make a religious movement like the Mormons, if different, might I suggest having them move to the DSA, maybe in Albion or New Mexico?

Glen

As for the slaves, I'd say concentrate on the former American slaves,

Okay, maybe I shall.:)

and maybe groups like the Chinese too. It will be interesting to see how the USA will treat them in this world, I would imagine better.

Sure. Right now, it's pretty close to what OTL was like (unfortunately).

Maybe do one on the situation in the DSA too.

Well, we have somewhat, but more will come with time.

As for immigrants, this era was the OTL immigrant rush, the time where America really became the world's melting pot.

Indeed, indeed.

Which brings up another interesting idea: since the Statue of Liberty has been butterflied away, why not have the British give the USA something smiliar to celibrate the bicentenial? Then later on, the USA gives the DSA something smiliar?

It's a thought.

Well, since you tell me Master Clemons is butterflied away (weeps), the great writers of the OTL USA would do well.

You mean TTL's writers?

Well, if you do make a religious movement like the Mormons, if different, might I suggest having them move to the DSA, maybe in Albion or New Mexico?

I do not think that the Queen would be amused.;)