Post apocalyptic maps thread

Please post here maps that describes alternate or future histories after some apocalyptic vent took place (like a nuclear war,extremely intense global war,a mega earthquake or a mega tsunami).

Last edited:
I posted this on the Map Thread a while back. Essentially there's a massive nuclear war between the US and the USSR and by the time the dust has settled the bases in Antarctica are long forgotten so they stay marooned there. It's now modern day.

MOF I.png

Please post here maps that describes alternate or future histories after some apocalyptic vent took place (like a nuclear war,extremely intense global war,a mega earthquake or a mega tsunami).
How, uhm, 'post-apocalyptic' in flavour does the maps have to be? After all, Star Trek is an alternate/future history that takes place after a nuclear war and extremely intense global war... similarily although more technically, Wing Commander technically takes place after a great pandemic brought down the previous global government.

I might as well post this here, from my ASB TL Ad Astra Per Aspera. It's North America several centuries after the Collapse, a Soviet-American nuclear war that occurred in the 2240s.

northamericapreinvasion.png

sprite

Donor
A little bit Leibowitz

[FONT=&quot]Following is a copy of a manuscript written by Father Jimenez following his journeys as an envoy of Pope Juan Pedro VII. Translated from Anglo[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Western Realms, 732 A.C. (After Caída)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]A - Kingdom of El Mastil[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The first stop on the trip from New Rome, the Father made use of the Archbishops barge to travel up the Colorado River. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]B - Dictorate of Meksico (claims only)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]This sparsely settled region was not visited by the Father however church knowledge of the region is detailed due to the high number of missions in the area.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]C - State of Deseret[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]A generally hostile populace greeted the Father throughout his trip in Deseret. His diplomatic privileges were nearly revoked when he mentioned reparations for damages done during the Great Expulsion of Catholics in 571 A.C.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]D – Provisional Military District of Washington[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Visited General Harris in Spokan and recuperated following a harrowing journey across the vast expanses of Deseret. Discussed possible anti-mormon alliance with the Emergency Council.

E - Disorganised - Smallholdings & individual city-states.

This area was not actually visited by the good Father, but he had gleaned his information from the Librarians of the Consensus.

F - The Consensus

As the consensus does not have diplomatic relations with New Rome, and although the Father was treated as a private citizen he did have several meetings with the Matriach during his travels in the region. He was able to take advantage of the largest collection of non-mormon pre-collapse literature.

G - Wilamette Confederacy

Addressing the Senate in Portland, the Father stressed the need for more communication between the nations of the west and stressed the sanctity of life.

H - Free Jefferson

The stay in Jefferson was short. Without a grand ruler to meet there was little ceremony as the Father addressed the village leaders in each parish.

I - Sacramento Empire

The accession of the new Emperor in 727 A.C. brought a great opportunity to shore up the churchs place in the region. Although the previous emperor struggled to stamp down resurgent scientologites, the new Emperor had the backing of the militias.

J - Unclaimed (Most prominent remnants of the La Gran Civilización located here along with large portions of desert.)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Again another region not visited. Though the ruins of Los Angeles were viewed on the return to New Rome.[/FONT]

journey.PNG

How, uhm, 'post-apocalyptic' in flavour does the maps have to be? After all, Star Trek is an alternate/future history that takes place after a nuclear war and extremely intense global war... similarily although more technically, Wing Commander technically takes place after a great pandemic brought down the previous global government.
My initial impression from Star Trek material was that WWIII wasn't so terrible as to destroy current world balance and there most material about it are not canon.Wing Commander however is a post apocalyptic.Post apocalyptic is every map that takes place after major disaster ruined cvilization or seriously set it back.
EDIT:it does not have to be in a flavor of a post apocalyptic period if the map is dated to the far future from the POV of the people who actually lived during the time of the apocalyptic event described.

My initial impression from Star Trek material was that WWIII wasn't so terrible as to destroy current world balance and there most material about it are not canon.Wing Commander however is a post apocalyptic.Post apocalyptic is every map that takes place after major disaster ruined cvilization or seriously set it back.
EDIT:it does not have to be in a flavor of a post apocalyptic period if the map is dated to the far future from the POV of the people who actually lived during the time of the apocalyptic event described.
Technically, some of the sources are questionable in their reliability, not their canonicity (that is, they are from Q in TNG). Stilll... we know that 'the Post-Atomic Horror' is a term used for the period after WW3.

Technically, some of the sources are questionable in their reliability, not their canonicity (that is, they are from Q in TNG). Stilll... we know that 'the Post-Atomic Horror' is a term used for the period after WW3.
Yes,but the post atomic horror was limited to a part of Euroasia if i remeber correctly.

Thande

Donor
British Isles after some sort of devastating war (originally intended to be a 1962 nuclear war, but probably makes more sense as a futuristic conflict)

Postapocalyptic Britain.jpg

Yes,but the post atomic horror was limited to a part of Euroasia if i remeber correctly.

If any of you are interested, I will be doing a TL of post-WWIII Star Trek up to the begining of ENT. I intend to start posting it after either Francewank or Her Diamond Heart finishes (probably the former, though I'm not quite sure yet).