Look to the West -- Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it at all related to Free Radicals in Chemistry?

Radical Neutral is (was? haven't seen him around lately) a poster here.

Out of curiosity, how many poster cameos does that make?

I recall: Diamond (Li Diamant, the mapmaker)
Susano (Pascal Schmidt)
Bald Imposter (forget his name in LLTW, but he was that Cossack guy).
RCTFI (forget the exact aconym, but something to do with rebuilding in Marleburgenisan Britian...the Royal Commission for Transport...something...and Infrastructure?)
AHP and Ibn Warraq (in the last Ottoman update)

Plus the team members in the Thande Institute.

Any others I'm missing?

Thande

Donor
I recall: Diamond (Li Diamant, the mapmaker)
Susano (Pascal Schmidt)
Bald Imposter (forget his name in LLTW, but he was that Cossack guy).
RCTFI (forget the exact aconym, but something to do with rebuilding in Marleburgenisan Britian...the Royal Commission for Transport...something...and Infrastructure?)
AHP and Ibn Warraq (in the last Ottoman update)

Plus the team members in the Thande Institute.

Any others I'm missing?
Well, Jean de Lisieux is basically Ian's name in French (and he's L'Administrateur, get it?) and some people keep claiming that Steffen of Wurttemberg and Major Howrey are member references, but they aren't, those were unintentional. The only big ones you missed were Meridian Presidents-General Roberto Mateováron and Pablo Portillo de Insaurralde--cameos for AH.commers Roberto and Maverick respectively.

Well, Jean de Lisieux is basically Ian's name in French (and he's L'Administrateur, get it?) and some people keep claiming that Steffen of Wurttemberg and Major Howrey are member references, but they aren't, those were unintentional. The only big ones you missed were Meridian Presidents-General Roberto Mateováron and Pablo Portillo de Insaurralde--cameos for AH.commers Roberto and Maverick respectively.

Well, we still need Krall as a despairing cartogropher somewhere, and by that point we'll be getting on to some of the newer members.

I think you're thinking of Adamantianism, which is different. I haven't mentioned any other metals, although the commenters here do have some interesting ideas.

Already been covered in a previous post--this was mostly a recap post until the end where it covers the formation of the Neutral Party.
:eek:

Yeah, should pay attention. Sorry.

Since you're talking about commentators, you wouldn't happen to have any need for irish-Japanese people would you? Because I've got that one down. :p

FDW

Banned
THANK you. I can't believe we went this long without someone getting it :rolleyes:

The last five political posts on the ENA have been leading up to that one gag, after all :p

Do you think you could give me a cameo?

Ooh, good one!

If you're doing some gratuitious steampunking, it would be fairly easy to crowbar me in :)D). (Maybe I could be alt-Babbage :cool:)

However, getting me to be a revolutionary hero will be difficult, unless you cameo me as a member of the London Welsh during the Jacobin invasion, or something like that...

(Or as a Societist apologist or something, since I do favour a united world government and all... :p)

Anyway, get to the Popular Wars already! :mad:

By the way, is the Popular Wars IN AMERICA something to do with the whole "blavery" issue, or is that something later? (Earlier posts suggest that comes up during the 1840s or somewhere 'round there, IIRC.)

Excellent update.
Question: Do the Whigs support the Patriots when they are in government?
And also: Will this lead to America becoming an early adopter of AV, a runoff system, or proportional representation? Because if it does I will love you FOREVER:D (Well, if it's PR. It'll only be temporary if it's AV or two round:rolleyes:)

Apologies for bumping the thread sans update, but this occured to me during a lull in essay drudgery: given recent real-life events and the characteristics of those involved, will there possibly be an ATL conspiracy theory implicating Jean de Lisieux in the death of Pascal Schmidt, possibly through using a hammer? :p

ENA's political system is going to be most dynamic (and more representative in the long term after literacy and religious restrictions on electoral franchise are removed).:)

Keep it up, Thande!:)

As always Thande brilliant work, although I'm hoping to hear what the Austrians are up to. After reading this TL it doesn't sound like you're going to be keeping them around once the Popular Wars hit, but hopefully you can provide them with a cool swan song.

As always Thande brilliant work, although I'm hoping to hear what the Austrians are up to. After reading this TL it doesn't sound like you're going to be keeping them around once the Popular Wars hit, but hopefully you can provide them with a cool swan song.

I'm not quite so sure about that. Certainly, they are going to get a big kicking from the Popular Wars, but apart from that...

Status
Not open for further replies.