Flag Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
American flag where the Albany Plan of Union passed

Without further ado, I present

2000px-British-North-America-1757.png

Awesome!! I wish i could afford Vicky 2... (i have a 50 doller budget, i'm getting Eu3: HTTT and Eu3; DW instead.)
Ha, thanks - and I opted for Vicky2 instead of HttT, actually - I think I'll have to wait for a HttT/DW pack to afford it.

Very cool! Add Estonia in there and you are golden. ;)

Isabella I of Castile marries Afonso V of Portugal. (Castile, Leon, Portugal, Algarves)
Thanks! But everyone knows Estonia is not a nordic country :p

And this Portuguese-Spanish coat-of-arms is really good! The moor heads of Algarve are very "unexpected", but you blended all the shields so well that it looks legitime.

EDIT: here's Estonia, in annex.

can you paste a bigger version?
also Location: W22°57'S46°32' i hope your boat is nice
I don't have some of the originals for bigger versions, or (the most usual) they are really pixelized- maybe some of the Vector Mages here from the Flag Thread could help me?

And, ha, I *love* when someone realizes that my coordinates are wrong, :D

---

Nordic Estonia and Nordic Baltic Duchy added. I know, it makes almost no sense to put a viking raven in the Baltic State flag, but if the germans can have, from all symbols, a Swastica, it's almost "natural" to have the baltics claiming Viking heritage... or, at least, their masters doing so (uhnn, fascist Scandinavia dominating northern Europe? Sounds like a great idea...!)

scandinavia_new_flags.png

I lol'd. :D

I suppose the heads are a bit cartoony, if that's what you mean,
No, I meant I could expect anything other than islamics heads in the spanish coat-of-arms *without* it sounding strange, ASBish or influenced by EU3 (and the usual aberrations like "King Abdulah III Avis of Granada" that it generates).

Meh. Might as well count Estonia. Language-wise and ethnically it's closer to Nordic culture than anything else. Which counts. At least to me.
I must admit I don't know much about Estonia, but it reminded me too much of SatW that I couldn't help.

-----------------------

Playing around with coat-of-arms for my flagmod in Victoria2, I ended up with this for California (as a Monarchy):

Personal Standard of His Majesty Carlos II of Iturbide, Imperial Prince of Mexico, King of All Californias and rightful claimant to the Throne of America.

californian_king.png

Can I get a map of a successful German Empire that wins in WWI, and now has control of all of Eastern France to the coast, and the Baltic. Also an Austro-Hungary flag for a Austro-Hungary consisting of all the Balkans? Oh! And one for a super Iraq consisting of Eastern Anatolia, Iraq, Northern Arabia, the southern caucuses, and western Iran?

fero

Banned
The American Union Flag Timeline

flag are almost did, pancart are incomplete, let me finish my work before you take it and convert in your, stars are unperfect pixely, I know...

american union flag history 1.PNG

fero

Banned

part 3

i have a fight color about this one

Argetina
sky blue-white-yellow-brown

Uruguay
white-blue-yellow-black

Paraguay
red-white-blue and a center full of details and colors

Bolivia
green-red-yellow and a center full of details and colors

traditional argentinian light blue or uruguay-paraguay (and proChile) blue?

multicolors stripes? we have no place to more colors, this is not a cicus, not green bolivian

yes, look so yankee that a lot of people cry about... but... is ok aniway

american union flag history 3.PNG

A more "circular" US flag. I think it would be good for a fascist US flag. Those stars are almost as hypnotic as the swastika.

AmericanFlag.png

Deleted member 4898

This is the flag of a Scottish North American successor state based around New England that rebelled from the Scots in the late 1700s/early 1800s. I'm not very happy with the coat of arms in the middle, however, and would like a suggestion for something better.

Halidon Flag.png

Krall

Banned
A more "circular" US flag. I think it would be good for a fascist US flag. Those stars are almost as hypnotic as the swastika.

Ooo! I like! I wish I knew how to make a circle of stars like that.

Might I suggest, as a possible variation, that the circle of stars be placed closer to the left side of the flag, and that the stripes be made horizontal? By placing the centre of detail closer to the hoist and having the stripes go along the length of the flag it will look better when flying on a flagpole, I think.

Thande

Donor
Interesting idea, but would the US accept a flag where some stars are bigger than others given the states are supposed to be equal?

There was one like that used briefly in OTL but only as an alternative to the more regular patterned one-

800px-US_38_Star_Flag_concentric_circles.svg.png

Might I suggest, as a possible variation, that the circle of stars be placed closer to the left side of the flag, and that the stripes be made horizontal? By placing the centre of detail closer to the hoist and having the stripes go along the length of the flag it will look better when flying on a flagpole, I think.

I went ahead and gave it a try in MS Paint. Took me around thirty seconds. Credit where credit due, I claim nothing. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.