Shadow of Fashoda

But Austria-Hungary wasn't opposed to Germany and showed no signs of being anything but a loyal German ally. Plus Hungary would be far weaker then Austria-Hungary and Germany will practically be forced to occupy the Balkans just to enforce it's influence in the region while just propping up Austria-Hungary would be far easier in comparison.

THey wouldn't have to occupy anything if they propped up the nations born out of an Austro-Hungarian collapse.

How would annexing British colonies/dominions make Britain happy? And why would Britain be happy with having colonies that were so poor in OTL that by the second referendum Britain refused to take them back?

I think Eurofed's comparison was on a more modern day level, seeing as today Canada isn't part of Britain and all.

THey wouldn't have to occupy anything if they propped up the nations born out of an Austro-Hungarian collapse.

Why would any successor state that wanted to get out of a German dominated empire want to be a puppet state of another German empire?

I think Eurofed's comparison was on a more modern day level, seeing as today Canada isn't part of Britain and all.

If its modern day then I doubt the US would annex anything north of the 49th.

abc123

Banned
Given that Hungary also already fought WWI, and won, this statement is incomprehensible.

Au contraire, they fought in WWI because they were a part of Austro- Hungary.
Compare that with Admiral Horty's politics towards Germany in WW2...
;)

abc123

Banned
But Austria-Hungary wasn't opposed to Germany and showed no signs of being anything but a loyal German ally. Plus Hungary would be far weaker then Austria-Hungary and Germany will practically be forced to occupy the Balkans just to enforce it's influence in the region while just propping up Austria-Hungary would be far easier in comparison.

My thouths exactly.
;)

abc123

Banned
Compare usefulness for USA of having a single great partner like European Union and a many small states in Europe.
;)
Same with Germany and Austro- Hungary.