What nation/peoples/ethnicities deserve a timelime

Looking at the numerous timelines on here it got me thinking, what people deserve a fair crack at a timeline, if not by me then by someone else.
I am not doing a poll as thatnwould limit us to a few options.

You see roman-wanks and greco-wanks all over the place, even soviet, sino, japan and the most popular USA-wanks too.

But what countries, people, ethnicities etc deserve their TL time in the sun.

I propose simple options and feel free to add some yourself.

-Luxembourg
-Carthage (Havent seen too many)
-Phoenicia (Related to the above)
-Georgia
-Khazars
-Wales (Currently doing one check the sig)
-Iceland
-Malta
-Bulgaria

feel free to discuss these and any and all you may have to vent

Absolutely would love to see a Khazaria timeline as well.

There was an old one on (I think) Doug Huff's website, but it was confusing and hard to follow.

I share your frustration- it does annoy me to see endless threads on the same old hackneyed concepts, usually to do with the civil war, the revolutionary war (I swear if I see one more on Quebec joining the 13 colonies I'll scream). It's really just to do with people's areas of interest, and lots of peopel here are America and, no offense to anyone, but American history is rather limited to the last 300 years.

I too would like to see a Carthaginian TL (I included it in my TL- see the sig 'bout Athens). Don't know about Luxembourg- it's really too small, poorly defined and really lacks a spcific 'flavour'.
And a Welsh one; now that would be fun. Once again, my aforementioned TL has Welsh merchant Republics (all publicity is good publicity)

But anyway, tirades aside, I'd like to see:
Hideyoshi defeats Korea.
Timur the Lame conquers the Ottoman Empire
Mameluk Egypt defeats the Ottomans (n.b. I don't hate the Ottomans before anyone says, I did a TL on them actually)
Muslim Southern Italy
Sweden gains Prussia after 30 Years War
Viking settlement of the Low Countries, leading to Viking colonisation of the Northern Sea with polis-like city states.

The Vulture

Banned
As far as individual figures are concerned, William Walker comes to mind.

The Caribbean and Central America are on a whole neglected.

timeline* not timelime as I originally posted btw but i'd sell my gran for a time travelling fruit

and the khazars have a great history. and also, cant stand the quebec threads sorry to say it. just the idea of an independent quebec gets thrown about on these forums way too much.

Im thinking of doing a carthaginian TL myself, just need the facts.

I have a thing for luxembourg, always use them on EUIII and somehow get the entire HRE pissed off at me..although I do invade nearly everyone. Its just this tiny land locked state that is the crossroads of germanic and french culture I find appealing.

The caribbean is vastly under used and only used in regards to @a west indies federation" or cuba/hispaniola, although i wouldnt mind seeing more of those threads if only to boost the idea of central america/caribbean stories.

with regards to individuals I would have to say Pepin the Short, the "middle man" of the carolingian dynasty if you will.

timeline* not timelime as I originally posted btw but i'd sell my gran for a time travelling fruit

and the khazars have a great history. and also, cant stand the quebec threads sorry to say it. just the idea of an independent quebec gets thrown about on these forums way too much.

Im thinking of doing a carthaginian TL myself, just need the facts.

I have a thing for luxembourg, always use them on EUIII and somehow get the entire HRE pissed off at me..although I do invade nearly everyone. Its just this tiny land locked state that is the crossroads of germanic and french culture I find appealing.

The caribbean is vastly under used and only used in regards to @a west indies federation" or cuba/hispaniola, although i wouldnt mind seeing more of those threads if only to boost the idea of central america/caribbean stories.

with regards to individuals I would have to say Pepin the Short, the "middle man" of the carolingian dynasty if you will.

Your Caribbean concerns have sparked interest. I'll take more care with the islands in my TL (I shan't self promote any more)

Looking at the numerous timelines on here it got me thinking, what people deserve a fair crack at a timeline, if not by me then by someone else.
I am not doing a poll as thatnwould limit us to a few options.

You see roman-wanks and greco-wanks all over the place, even soviet, sino, japan and the most popular USA-wanks too.

But what countries, people, ethnicities etc deserve their TL time in the sun.

I propose simple options and feel free to add some yourself.

-Luxembourg
-Carthage (Havent seen too many)
-Phoenicia (Related to the above)
-Georgia
-Khazars
-Wales (Currently doing one check the sig)
-Iceland
-Malta
-Bulgaria

feel free to discuss these and any and all you may have to vent
Malta actually does have a TL somewhere here, and so in size or population aspects is hugely overrepresented.;)

I would love to see more timelines based around the Indian Ocean in medieval times, specifically with an early advent of colonialism among the local nations. Specifically, the Tamil kingdoms of southern India could be interesting, as could various Malay and Swahili states.

I made a Burgundy wank. Mid 1700 technology (date unspecified). I personally love it.

Burgundy Wank.PNG

Also, a Carthage wank may be entertaining. POD, Genseric converts to Christianity. Eventually, Vandals rename their empire to the Carthagian Empire. Trade ensues with the Byzantines, Indians, and Arabians. Butterflies get rid of Muhammad, thus negating the possibility of a Muslim take-over and fall of Carthage.

Burgundy Wank.PNG

Last edited:
A Sheba wank :D
We do have an Axum Timeline (in my sig ;)).

I would love to see a well-done Crusader timeline.

I have also thought about writing something related to the Domain of Soissons of the Kushan Empire. Something on south/central America or the Caribbean would give a nice new flavor.

Anything of sub-Saharan Africa, sans Ethiopia (which has already been supported by enough people to get its own UCS color). The Sokoto Caliphate, the Ashante, the Ouddai Empire (spelling differs), Dahomey, Oyo, Ghana, Mali, Zanzibar, Yeke Kingdom, etc., all provide countless opportunities for the prospective AH writer to do something in an area that isn't overexposed, yet there are still only a few WIs out there that focus on the region.

boredatwork

Banned
Roma colonize America - Roma as in Gypsies, not Romans.

The great Irrakwa-Celto-Nordic trading civilizations

The Hanseatic League, Holy Roman Empire, Monastic Engineering, Militant orders, and the aborted rise of nation states in Europe

Polynesia meets Meso-America - or cannibal wank

Rome-anti-wank. Rome fails to take Numancia, Celto-Iberians evolve into balancing power independent of Rome or Carthage.- Iberowank.

And for the really out of left field - the Ainu beat the nipponese out of Hokaido, expand north & east - Ainu-wank.

Roma colonize America - Roma as in Gypsies, not Romans.

The great Irrakwa-Celto-Nordic trading civilizations

The Hanseatic League, Holy Roman Empire, Monastic Engineering, Militant orders, and the aborted rise of nation states in Europe

Polynesia meets Meso-America - or cannibal wank

Rome-anti-wank. Rome fails to take Numancia, Celto-Iberians evolve into balancing power independent of Rome or Carthage.- Iberowank.

And for the really out of left field - the Ainu beat the nipponese out of Hokaido, expand north & east - Ainu-wank.

The Irraka-Celto-Nordic one sounds pretty badass.

Oh, and for sub-saharan Africa, I'd enjoy one where the Bantu migrations don't occur, meaning the people have more resistance to tropical diseases adn therby have half a chance of building states.