The Luciferian Crusade: A Collaborative Timeline

Here's a challenge based on too many hours watching G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, the James Bond series of films, The Venture Brothers, and the many Command & Conquer games. The challenge, starting with a POD of 1945, is to create a multinational, extremely well-funded, international terrorist network, that is bent on world domination.

I would be certainly interested in getting the organization becoming known worldwide c.1982 (e.g. G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero debuts in OTL). By 1995 (e.g. Command & Conquer debuts) I would be interested in having the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) passing a resolution to crackdown on the organization and its leadership...

maybe some kind of blend of Nazism and Maoist Third-Worldism (Pol Pot's main ideology IIRC):eek:
So who would be crazy enough to provide weapons to an organization of this nature? The fact that they are using both Mao Tse-tung and Adolph Hitler as inspiration is bound to anger a few people...

Er...truth be told, you're gonna have to have a pretty universal cause, which is hard, and lots of funding, which is harder. Could you be more specific? Should it be like Cobra? SPECTRE? The Illuminati?

There is already a group like that. It's called the Freemasons, which may be in league with or controlled by the Illuminati, with the goal of establishing the New World Order.

There is already a group like that. It's called the Freemasons, which may be in league with or controlled by the Illuminati, with the goal of establishing the New World Order.

Well you see, it is...

*snap*

The Illuminati do not exist. They are not under any circumstances in control of your government. Go about your business. You have nothing to fear. Do not put tinfoil on your head under any circumstances.

So who would be crazy enough to provide weapons to an organization of this nature? The fact that they are using both Mao Tse-tung and Adolph Hitler as inspiration is bound to anger a few people...

But hey, Mao could support them, and they could find a cache of Nazi Gold :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:.

I can also see a blend of New Age beliefs and Radical Islamism coming into the mix.

Er...truth be told, you're gonna have to have a pretty universal cause, which is hard, and lots of funding, which is harder. Could you be more specific? Should it be like Cobra? SPECTRE? The Illuminati?

I was thinking that it should be like SPECTRE in the 1960s, but expand to something along the lines of Cobra by the 1980s. By the 1990s, it should be on the verge of becoming like the Brotherhood of Nod....

I was thinking that it should be like SPECTRE in the 1960s, but expand to something along the lines of Cobra by the 1980s. By the 1990s, it should be on the verge of becoming like the Brotherhood of Nod....

Well, the best I can think of right now is some sort of organization mainly appealing to the downtrodden like Nod, thriving in places like Brazil, the Third World, etc. The only question is: who would be behind it?

The Vulture

Banned
Well, the best I can think of right now is some sort of organization mainly appealing to the downtrodden like Nod, thriving in places like Brazil, the Third World, etc. The only question is: who would be behind it?

Just a few off the top of my head, if you're going for more of a fascist slant:

Martin Bormann: Always a favorite for thing like this, certainly had some organizational ability. Whether or not people could get behind him was another question. Keep in mind intelligent people accused him of running ODESSA.

Reinhard Heydrich: Another favorite, for fairly obvious reasons. Not hard to see him running a SPECTRE type organization.

Andrei Vlasov: Assuming he somehow escaped, this guy seems pulpy enough for the job of running a secret underground anti-communist terrorist organization.

Nietzsche

Banned
Just a few off the top of my head, if you're going for more of a fascist slant:

Martin Bormann: Always a favorite for thing like this, certainly had some organizational ability. Whether or not people could get behind him was another question. Keep in mind intelligent people accused him of running ODESSA.

Reinhard Heydrich: Another favorite, for fairly obvious reasons. Not hard to see him running a SPECTRE type organization.

Andrei Vlasov: Assuming he somehow escaped, this guy seems pulpy enough for the job of running a secret underground anti-communist terrorist organization.

Why not just draft the whole Nazi Dream Team? Martin Bormann, Reinhard Heydrich, Otto Skorzeny and one of the Strasser Brothers?

Based on this, we have in c.1945, members of the Nazi leadership hiding out in Brazil, in an effort to establish a neo-fascist movement. Do we have any nominations for any ATL analogues to "the Baroness"? Also, where are they getting their money? Nazi gold bullion can only go so far in terms of purchases of weapons.

Based on this, we have in c.1945, members of the Nazi leadership hiding out in Brazil, in an effort to establish a neo-fascist movement. Do we have any nominations for any ATL analogues to "the Baroness"? Also, where are they getting their money? Nazi gold bullion can only go so far in terms of purchases of weapons.

Hmm...I don't think hard-core Nazism is going to appeal to Third World populations interested in alternative to North American/European capitalism or totalitarian Communism, especially on racial grounds.

Perhaps they start the organization, but it goes in different directions after they get captured/killed/sidelined by others? The name "Cobra" and the military doctrine could be leftovers from the Nazi founders, but ideologically, it becomes something else as the years pass.

Re: the Baroness, I don't think Third World populations would go for a highly aggressive warrior woman in an "indecent" outfit (all that skin-tight leather).

Hendryk

Banned
Re: the Baroness, I don't think Third World populations would go for a highly aggressive warrior woman in an "indecent" outfit (all that skin-tight leather).
Since real life is ever so slightly different from comic books, I don't think any woman in a position of leadership would wear skin-tight leather anyway. As for the "highly aggressive woman warrior" bit, look up Phoolan Devi in India and any number of women guerilla fighters in Latin America.

devi_surrender.jpg

BTW, an interesting detail about Devi is that she was a worshipper of Durga, an avatar of Kali.

Last edited:
Since real life is ever so slightly different from comic books, I don't think any woman in a position of leadership would wear skin-tight leather anyway. As for the "highly aggressive woman warrior" bit, look up Phoolan Devi in India and any number of women guerilla fighters in Latin America.

devi_surrender.jpg

True. He did say "analogue" to the Baroness, not the Baroness herself showing up in real life.

Still, how prominent were those people outside the local level?

The Baroness in the comics/TV series was one of Cobra's chief commanders. If "Cobra" in TTL grows to Nod-esque proportions, the Baroness would be a commander of armies.

True. He did say "analogue" to the Baroness, not the Baroness herself showing up in real life.

Still, how prominent were those people outside the local level?

The Baroness in the comics/TV series was one of Cobra's chief commanders. If "Cobra" in TTL grows to Nod-esque proportions, the Baroness would be a commander of armies.

Actually, Cobra as in depicted in the cartoons was more on par with GDI, with its own satellite network and killsats as part of that, highly equipped airforce and navy, elite troops and armored divisions, and in the comics, its own small nuclear arsenal. :eek:

Naturally, without the funding of at least several major governments, such a well-equipped organization is unlikely. Come to think of it--what nations would be willing to provide the moolah for a type of group we're postulating here?

Last edited:
Actually, Nod as in depicted in the cartoons was more on par with GDI, with its own satellite network and killsats as part of that, highly equipped airforce and navy, elite troops and armored divisions, and in the comics, its own small nuclear arsenal. :eek:

There are "Command and Conquer" comics?