Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it! Napoleon stays on Elba?

Nope.

I must warn you that the story contains liberal use of steampunk, though... ;)

AGH!!!! BIRITSH CALIFORNIA MAKES ME...

saiyan.gif

:D

From MoF 5, a USA vs. Britain Cold War.

It is an intresting direction to take, though I don't think the US side is strong enough. Also, why is the South named Liberia, did the slaves revolt or something :rolleyes:

Other then that, only complaint is to remove the state boundries x.x

Liberia and The Commonwealth of Washington were renamed during a wave of anti-British sentiment, can't have places named after King George and Queen Elizabeth (Georgia and Virginia) in a rabidly anti-British America. Liberia just means "Freedom Land" in Latin. And Transmississippia is a bit of a joke name, I admit :rolleyes:

My entry for the map contest, I was originally gonna do a detailed regional map, but I need to focus on my other projects, so I just used the world map I was initially using for reference.

Following the Annexation of Texas in 1848 the Mexican-American War, however, the war would prove to be a disaster for both sides,
after seven years of war the Treaty of Mariposa was signed in 1855, leading to Mexico ceding the territory that would become
(Northern) California, Arizona and New Mexico while recognizing the American controlled Eastern Texas as part of the Union.

In 1865 the American Civil War began, this would later be considered the original cause for the later Cold War as Great Britain openly
backed the secessionist Texas Republic and covertly provided non-military supplies to the Confederates.
Mexico, while only having been to war with America eleven years previous sided with the United States in 1866 as Texas began border
raids and started demanding 'West Texas'.
The war came to an end on September 3rd, 1875, this lead to a much more deeper and radical re-construction era, eventually leading
to the Confederate States being forbidden from ever having a state militia and twenty years of Governors being appointed by Washington
and state Supreme Courts that struck down 30% of laws passed in the Southern states.
It would not be until 1895 that the National Supreme Court ruled these practices unconstitutional, though still upheld nearly every
anti-discrimination law.

It's now 1950, the world has gone through many changes over the last half century, seeing a World War that ended in the current
Cold War.

The Cold War is split into three sides;
The British-lead Grand Alliance, which favours Globalism (IE the Colonial Empires reforming into equal Federations), economic Liberalism
and Free Trade.
The American-lead Alliance of Nations that favours Internationalism & self-determination (though generally promotes autonomy rather
than independence), economic Social Democracy and Fair Trade.
The Brazilian-lead Lusophone Commonwealth, comprised of Brazil, Portugal and Argentina which favours a variant of economic
Social Democracy and favours a United, independent Commonwealth economy.

While the three blocks represent more than half of the world their are still many nations that have remained independent of them for
varying reasons.

While the world has gone without any major wars for nearly three decades the clouds of war are gathering on the horizon,
and the Cold War may very well go 'hot'.

Just a quicky: a modified version of Shikaku-Mon from GURPS, with the massive Japanowank reduced a bit (Japan staying open and converting to Xtianity does not equal Japan PWNs all! :mad: ), and a bit of Ottowank, a wee bit of Russo-wank and a good chunk of Anglo-Dutch wank thrown in (go team Celt-Saxon-Rhenish!)

So we have a 8-sided (The Octagon!) rather than four-sided balance, although for pragmatic reasons the Ottomans and the Russians are likely to be allied to someone else.

Bruce

ShikokuModded.png

Hapsburg

Banned
More like a map of the year 300,000.
How so?

And the galactic core is not a good place to have anything, considering the star density is real high. As in, not a planet to be seen high.
Hence why it's only claimed by the Cruxite Concordat. It's not settled; the region is used only for high-risk mining (read: skimming gases from stars) operations. These operations, however, vastly increase their wealth, because this is a major source of starship fuel. It's the year 3000's equivalent to commercial fishing.

How so?
How so? Do you have any idea how long it would take for humanity to spread across the galaxy? 300,000 is being optimistic. I mean, it's 2009 and we don't even have a commercial fusion reactor. Nor have we colonized Luna, or visited Mars. Even with some super FTL drive, maybe an instantaneous transportation, there's still population growth to take into account. I'm not so much nitpicking the map (well, the galactic core is no place to be visiting) but the timescale.

The Story and map of a post 1838 British-American War, It is my third map and my third attempt at a post British-American war.
2h5oh9i.png

The year is 1903 and North America is about to blow up in a war the likes of which the world has never seen. Ever sense tasting defeat at the hands of the British in 1838 the Americans have had one thought on there minds revenge. After losing the War of 1838 the Americans directed there anger towards the natives Americans and so began the "Indian purges of the 1840" what would come to later be known as the "Slaughter of the Plains" The Americans all but wiped out the Natives in the land they controlled. The Americans would then direct there attention towards there neighbor to the south, Mexico. The war lasted from 1846 to 1849, and resulted in a massive gain of territory for the US. At first after the end of the war it seemed as if for the first time in a long time the Americans were without an enemy that they could stomp on, although they did find use for the military with the "Lesser Indian Purge of the 1850's". In 1856 James Buchanan would become the first Republican president. For America Life was starting to become a lot better the economy was growing and so was the infrastructure. It seemed that maybe there would never be another war again. Then in 1861 President Lincoln ended both slavery and the state of peace in America. The Great American Civil war was a war the likes of which no one on the earth had ever seen the brutality and loss of life was astounding. The British Empire would through out the war secretly send supplies to the Confederates which would cause the war to be dragged out until 1866. Lincoln was successfully able to prevent a simultaneous war with Britain although had stated "We shouldn't be at war with ourselves we should be at war with those dammed Limmeis. Trying to make America crumble, well one day we'll get them back ten fold." When the war ended Lincoln began an age of reconstruction to rebuild America so that one day they could fight there true "enemy". The American "Empire" would continue to grow through the purchase of Alaska from the Russians by Lincoln. In 1892 the Spanish American war began. It was a short war but it saw the rise of several big names, Teddy Roosevelt and George Custer being the most famous. Teddy would go on to be elected President. It is May first 1903 and President Roosevelt along with the congress has issued a declaration of war on the "True Enemy". This war will be more devastating then anything seen before, and the British Canadians have know idea that the American forces are armed with weapons the likes of which the Canadians have never seen weapons like the Gardner gun and Railroad cannons, and the traction engine powered Ironclad cavalry units massive armored “tractors” armed with Gardner guns and a range of different sized artillery pieces.

How so? Do you have any idea how long it would take for humanity to spread across the galaxy? 300,000 is being optimistic. I mean, it's 2009 and we don't even have a commercial fusion reactor. Nor have we colonized Luna, or visited Mars. Even with some super FTL drive, maybe an instantaneous transportation, there's still population growth to take into account. I'm not so much nitpicking the map (well, the galactic core is no place to be visiting) but the timescale.

While I've no idea what way Hapsburg's gone with it, the population thing is'nt that much of an issue.

All you'd need is artificial womb technology and good sized genetic database.
Then again, you could just go about it the old fashioned way, lets not forget people were saying that if Human population growth continued at the rate it was in the early 90's we'd fill up the visible Universe within under a million years.*

*Whoever actually said that obviously had no idea how big the Universe actually is, but you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.