maroon is EC colonies
white is unaligned

TL191 ALLIANCES.png

I'm assuming its
European Community
Compact of Democratic States
Independence Movement
Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere

You know, I haven't posted anything in ages. So here's something. Also David, will Texas eventually be reabsorbed into the US?

TL191 ALLIANCES guide copy.png

David what will the future hold for South Africa I can see them developing nuclear weapons why not they managed it in OTL

David what will the future hold for South Africa I can see them developing nuclear weapons why not they managed it in OTL

Well, it'd be a good place for Britain to work on their clandestine projects too I'd say, surely the old Empire still has some influence there.

What happened to Lettow-Vorbeck after WWI and II?

He was regarded as one of Germany's greatest war heroes, and later wrote a best-selling memoir. He lived the rest of his life in German East Africa.

Is this TL still going?

Updates will be coming much slower. School's coming up, and I'll be very busy. :(

David a few questions on the matter of the colonial empires

1 do the British or French still control anywhere

Nope.

2 what OTL nations or territories are controlled by Germany

Essentially our world's Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Western Samoa (and our world's American Samoa), Comoros, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Cameroon, Gabon, Rwanda, Burundi, Benin, Togo, Senegal, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Mali, Mauritania, Chad, Niger, the Central African Republic, Botswana, Guinea, Namibia, Malawi, Madagascar, Togo, the Ivory Coast, Ghana, and Sierra Leone. In addition to their military occupation of Belgium.

3 will the Portuguese empire federalize I really hope it does and if it does will other nations try it as well the German empires to big but it could remain in control of a few islands and strategic areas the Austria Hungarian empire only appears to control Malta and some islands in the Indian ocean along with the Italian and Spanish empires who are quite small could federalize as well

Things will be clearer as the sixties run their course. ;)

4 does Portugal still control Goa this could cause an interesting scenario if it does and Bharat invades possibly causing a wider conflict between the IM and the EC

The only thing keeping Bharat from invading is frantic diplomatic pleadings from the Ottoman Empire. Needless to say Goa is a major sore spot between Lisbon and New Delhi.

What about the killing of hostages in the CSA? Will the US continue that practice for decades? If yes then the I think the US will face a CSA uprising in some areas in the 60s

That practice has petered out as of 1965, mostly because most Southerners have long resigned themselves to continuing U.S. rule. And there won't be a major pan-Southern uprising akin to the series' repeated Canadian and Mormon ones; most Southerners are either still war-weary from the forties, or else more inclined to accepted American governance.

How are relations between the Ottoman Empire and the United States? From what I can infer from the timeline, they seem on friendly terms, especially when it comes to dealing with South Africa and the like. I'd imagine that there'd be some friction due to the US aiding the Russians...

The Ottomans and Americans are generally on friendly terms, though it is true that they're rather alarmed at the warmer relations between the USA and Russia.

For that matter, the Germans aren't very happy about the new American-Russo direction either...

May we also know what US-Japan relations may be like by 2000...? :p

Not very pleasant, I'm afraid.

What's the ranking order of economic influence of each alliance?

The member states of the Independence Movement all have very fast growing economies as of 1965, mostly spurred by poverty eradication and rising volumes of trade (plus handy investments from the Ottomans and Brazilians). The United States has the single largest economy, though Germany and Austria-Hungary aren't terribly far behind.

Japan has had rapid economic growth, though as of 1965, they're starting to worry increasingly about matters related to raw materials (not to mention the drag being caused by their endless conflicts in China).

View attachment 79249

here's a map I made of the alliances

green is IM
dark blue is CDS
light blue is CDS influence
yellow is GEACPS
gold is GEACPS influence
red is EC
pink is EC influence
maroon is EC colonies
white is unaligned

Thanks!

You know, I haven't posted anything in ages. So here's something. Also David, will Texas eventually be reabsorbed into the US?

Good map, though Albania and Bulgaria should be shown as EC member states. Much obliged. :)

And Texas will remain independent, though very much under America's thumb.

South Africa's future is quite bleak as of 1965. As for superbombs, only the open threat of American and German intervention has kept them from building them so far.

Last edited:
With the United States a much larger nation, than OTL, I wonder if a breakup of the USA, like OTL Soviet Union, might be possible. I could see the USA, the Japanese Empire, Germany, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman empire all breaking like up the Soviet Union of OTL.

With the United States a much larger nation, than OTL, I wonder if a breakup of the USA, like OTL Soviet Union, might be possible. I could see the USA, the Japanese Empire, Germany, Austria-Hungary, and the Ottoman empire all breaking like up the Soviet Union of OTL.

That won't be happening to the United States...or to Germany, Austria-Hungary, or the Ottoman Empire either. As for Japan, well they'll be around too, but as part of a different alliance.

added Bulgaria and Albania to the European Community and gave Gibraltar to Spain also shouldn't East Turkestan be independent in OTL they were up until 1949 and even though there independence was due to Soviet aid with China in a state of anarchy I can't see the Uyghurs and other Turkic groups in the area remaining under Chinese rule they should be at least a de facto state receiving aid from the IM and I could see the Central Asian members pushing for them to recognize it. On the subject of the IM and China I'm assuming by your mention of Japan being in a different alliance means they join the IM after America defeats them to defend them from America but keep their own independent space program (by the way whats that called). But what happens to their Empire

Last edited: