Looking for a post apocalyptic map?

Not sure if this is the place to post this (and I apologize if that is the case). I'm looking for map of a post apocalyptic United States, or North America, or world, or all! Sort of looking for something that would show the world after global warming made the sea level rise. Hopefully I can find a blank map. I realize this is all a lot to ask for but any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

The below is a map of the world if catastrophic sea-level rise occurred, that is if it rose 100 m/328 ft.

catastrophicsealevelris.png

The highest rise possible (barring comets or some other extraterrestrial water source), that is, all the ice on Earth melting, is 85m, I believe.

The only sea level rise maps on this site use either 85 or 100 metres, but I think a far less extreme rise is more realistic. Unfortunately, you would have to make the map yourself from a topographic map.

That is, unless I make one... hmm. Perhaps I shall.

Using Al's rather superb link, I have created Europe if all of Greenland and Western Antarctica melt (the darker areas show today's coastline).

It should be noted that dykes/reclamation in the Netherlands is not shown. All land below sea level is shown as water.

sunkeneuropa.png

I have one problem with the US map. Cape Cod (Massachusetts) is marginally above water, this is impossible! Our miserable little man-made island will be beneath water within the next two hundred years, so if the rate of land consumption by sea water is elevated we would be easily beneath water. And we have countless marshes that would probably help as well.

The below is a map of the world if catastrophic sea-level rise occurred, that is if it rose 100 m/328 ft.

*pic*

I cleaned the map a little. It's pixeled and there are some random dots that should not be there, but, in general, its use is much easier now.

100metershigh.png

I cleaned the map a little. It's pixeled and there are some random dots that should not be there, but, in general, its use is much easier now.
Wow! That's rather impressive!

Here it is with a different colour scheme and some additional cleanup.

pawo.png

Wow! Everyone thank you! This is some great stuff. I May have to make my own for North America. If anyone finds anything else please post! :D

Last edited:
Thank you! & here's my take!

So I'd like to thank Trovador and Euio for their help in finding me a great map! I used the map they provided and tweaked it a bit. I hope to start working on the nations that will fill it up! :D Thank you again!

Alternate-America-2239.jpg

Thande

Donor
Good maps, guys, but I think in general they would look better with a more visible black border between the land and sea. Should be easy enough to do with "find/emphasise edges" on any basic graphic editing programme.

Good maps, guys, but I think in general they would look better with a more visible black border between the land and sea. Should be easy enough to do with "find/emphasise edges" on any basic graphic editing programme.
Sure.

Here's version I...

pawo1.png