Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
fifty nifty united states, from 13 original colonies
34ea31d8-5227-45d3-b093-6f2d19558e81.png

(aka i gave myself a challenge to make a usa with 50 states, but none of them have their otl name) (no illini doesnt count) (nor does dakota on a technicality), it was done on phone, so please excuse my awful handwriting

I'm just super impressed that you did this on your PHONE.

Regards,

Northstar

Oh yes, because THIS doesn't look like a Lovecraftian horror story waiting to happen.
It looks more like a lovecraftian horror story happened some decades ago but was defeated by the greater horror which is capitalism.

While OP did include the link in their post perhaps posting it seperatly might make it more visible.

The site has a bunch of other things, including stuff from after the park closed down (and the reason why it was closed).

Last edited:
It looks more like a lovecraftian horror story happened some decades ago but was defeated by the greater horror which is capitalism.

I see that 'Prov' there, seems like an otl state name to me. Or part of one I guess.
Providence is a city in Rhode Island, not a state.

It looks like they have Connectictu taking the western 2/3 of R.I. and having Providence be the capital/basis for the new (bigger) state. The new state Plymouth has the rest and the plymouth part of Massachussets.

7qsgwk47181b1.png

Lore:

This is a world where Teddy Roosevelt wasn't president.

Seriously okay hear me out-- McKinley doesn't get shot to death, so Teddy doesn't become president. That knocks the knees out of the Progressive Movement so that they never gain power. So, from 1900-1929, US workers suffer in Gilded Age conditions. The Communist Party becomes real popular and when the Great Depression hits, launches a revolution, toppling the government (I made another map with this scenario).

Afterward, the USSR and Communist America are allies in WW2, but America is too distracted by its revolution and Japan to help the USSR beat Nazi Germany. Eventually the USSR develops nukes and uses them to defeat Nazi Germany, conquering Europe. Communist America and Russia are friends for a little bit longer before turning on each other (Mao and Khrushchev did) and plunge into WW3, nuking major cities across the planet. Eventually they make peace and decide to split the world between them.

I go into more depth about it, and talk about what happens next and if they collapse here:

Oh, and also Earl Browder (CPUSA chief) is Big Brother. He's got the mustache and everything.

7qsgwk47181b1.png

Lore:

This is a world where Teddy Roosevelt wasn't president.

Seriously okay hear me out-- McKinley doesn't get shot to death, so Teddy doesn't become president. That knocks the knees out of the Progressive Movement so that they never gain power. So, from 1900-1929, US workers suffer in Gilded Age conditions. The Communist Party becomes real popular and when the Great Depression hits, launches a revolution, toppling the government (I made another map with this scenario).

Afterward, the USSR and Communist America are allies in WW2, but America is too distracted by its revolution and Japan to help the USSR beat Nazi Germany. Eventually the USSR develops nukes and uses them to defeat Nazi Germany, conquering Europe. Communist America and Russia are friends for a little bit longer before turning on each other (Mao and Khrushchev did) and plunge into WW3, nuking major cities across the planet. Eventually they make peace and decide to split the world between them.

I go into more depth about it, and talk about what happens next and if they collapse here:

Oh, and also Earl Browder (CPUSA chief) is Big Brother. He's got the mustache and everything.
typo on "East African Command" (should be 2 Ms)

Very nice visual style but also I hate 1984's "world map" because it feels like someone's first worldA map where they just filled everything with a few giant states lol. I'm partial to the theory that the "super states" are just fabrications of IngSoc propaganda. Good book though.

I see that 'Prov' there, seems like an otl state name to me. Or part of one I guess.
i mean, it *technically* was part of one, until 2020, when the official name of the state was shortened to just Rhode Island
I'm just super impressed that you did this on your PHONE.

Regards,

Northstar
i mean, it wasnt *that* hard or tedious, although its probably because im used to the program (sketchbook)

Nothing to see here, just more procrastinating my timeline with cute little mini-maps! A little snapshot into the "Shining Revolution," in which a charismatic peasant leader declares himself the Maitreya Buddha and leads a millenarian revolt to seize the throne of China. (Like pretty much everything I post now, veeeery very tentatively a future part of the timeline in my sig: The Eagle and the Bear).

China 1854 EatB.png

Last edited:
typo on "East African Command" (should be 2 Ms)

Very nice visual style but also I hate 1984's "world map" because it feels like someone's first worldA map where they just filled everything with a few giant states lol. I'm partial to the theory that the "super states" are just fabrications of IngSoc propaganda. Good book though.
Can you read my book to find those typos too

Nothing to see here, just more procrastinating my timeline with cute little mini-maps! A little snapshot into the "Shining Revolution," in which a charismatic peasant leader declares himself the Maitreya Buddha and leads a millenarian revolt to seize the throne of China. (Like pretty much everything I post now, veeeery very tentatively a future part of the timeline in my sig: The Eagle and the Bear).

View attachment 832860
Is the Maitreya Revolt basically a Buddhist version of the Taiping Rebellion?

Not much very interesting lore, just a EEC-type group in 2000s East Asia. Got the idea from a thread about preventing the lost decades that I've been active in recently. Here's the very low effort map of it. Hopefully more to come with this timeline.

2000.png

A Remake/Reimagining of my Command and Conquer: Iron Storm TL that I did almost 5 years ago.
Iron Storm Reimagined_Details.png

More details in my Deviantart by clicking here
EDIT: That also goes without saying that there are no celebrities harmed when making this map
EDIT 5/23/23: Fixed the black text and added two more points on the Points of Interest section

Last edited:
So, I am in the early stages of working on the next chapter of my WTLB TL. Basically, the premise of this chapter is that, as a result of a more humiliating defeat in TTL's Russo-Turkish War, the Ottoman Empire breaks up about 40 years early into various states based (loosely, in some instances) around a rise of nationalism amongst various ethnic groups within the former empire.

Cliffnotes context: Egypt wins the Egyptian-Ethiopian War, absorbing Ethiopia into its empire. Britain is, at this time, under the control of a Liberal government under Gladstone (Disraeli is a backbencher after suffering embarrassment in his early political career). The Ottomans brutally put down rebellion and independence movements in the Balkans, particularly Bulgaria, leading to the Balkans declaring independence and breaking away from the Ottomans. Russia and Britain (along with TTL's Austria-Hungary-Bohemia union offering financial support) prop up the Balkans (and Egypt, which decides to break away completely) and defeat the Ottomans. Over the next several years, other ethnic groups within the Ottoman Empire start to realize they can do the same thing.

The Ottomans attempt to reform into a constitutional monarchy and a quasi-federalist system to boot, but Sultan Abdul Hamid II is overthrown by a reactionary political operative (no idea who yet) who feels that a strong totalitarian hand is what's needed to keep control over the empire. This leads to the complete breakdown of the Ottoman Empire, causing its territory to fracture. Assyrians, Kurds, and Palestinians declare their own nations. The reactionary sultan holds onto the Turkish peninsula and turns it into a totalitarian dictatorship, with liberal Turks fighting an insurgency. Persia and Egypt take advantage of the situation, nabbing territory on the eastern and western portions of the Arabian Peninsula respectively (Crete also joins up with Egypt). I don't yet know what's going on in the rest of the Arabian Peninsula. I'd imagine it's fairly disorganized at the moment, but will become fertile fighting ground throughout the rest of the 19th century.

I am very very very open to changing things; this is just a preliminary sketch so that I can get ideas down, then I will tinker with them later for added plausibility. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

1684772129771.png

Status
Not open for further replies.