Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

Would this new stadium in Queens double as a home for the Mets, too?
I doubt that the stadium will get used for both football and baseball. Iwanh said that the stadium will be used by the New York Jets NFL team once the Olympics are over.

I'm pretty sure that the Mets are fine at Shea Stadium and later at Citi Field.

Last edited:
I doubt that the stadium will get used for both football and baseball. Iwanh said that the stadium will be used by the New York Jets NFL team once the Olympics are over.

I'm pretty sure that the Mets are fine at Shea Stadium and later at Citi Field.
The Shea/Citi complex is really the only place in NYC you could put an Olympic Stadium, though.

The 2012 Olympics in NYC would be huge. Plans were for the Olympic Stadium to become home of the Jets/Giants. Where were the Olympics in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010?

Athens 2004/Torino 2006 in Europe, Beijing 2008 in Asia and Vancouver 2010/NYC 2012 in the Americas.

And the Giants/Jets based in NYC playing at West Side Stadium instead of Metlife Stadium.

i wonder what the mascots of the new york 2012 olympics would be

hopefully its something cute like the 2010 olympics (quachi, miga and sumi if i can remember)
at least compared to the modern day izzy in OTL that was wenlock and mandeville

cant wait

I really love this TL. I can easily see John Edwards' "happy populism" winning following a 9/11-less George W. Bush presidency.

Yeah Edwards was seen as the rising star of the party in the post-Clinton years. He was even on Al Gore's VP shortlist.
Maybe Gore should've picked him. I have no idea what kinds of conversations Gore and Lieberman had on the trail (I'd love to know) but I know that Lieberman wasn't much help on election night. John Edwards is a pretty tenacious guy and he's not going to be too big for his britches as Al Gore's running mate back in 2000. I could see Edwards being a pretty valuable person for Gore to have in his corner both behind the scenes and in publicly.

I've long held the belief that the two things that a candidate needs in a running mate is an attack dog and a hype man. Al Gore didn't have a lot of them available for him in 2000. Joe Lieberman is probably a little underrated as a running mate at this point. He only looks like a bad one because of everything that happened afterwards. But Lieberman was a lousy attack dog and hype man. I could see John Edwards fitting that bill pretty nicely. He certainly couldn't do much worse.

Maybe Gore should've picked him. I have no idea what kinds of conversations Gore and Lieberman had on the trail (I'd love to know) but I know that Lieberman wasn't much help on election night. John Edwards is a pretty tenacious guy and he's not going to be too big for his britches as Al Gore's running mate back in 2000. I could see Edwards being a pretty valuable person for Gore to have in his corner both behind the scenes and in publicly.

I've long held the belief that the two things that a candidate needs in a running mate is an attack dog and a hype man. Al Gore didn't have a lot of them available for him in 2000. Joe Lieberman is probably a little underrated as a running mate at this point. He only looks like a bad one because of everything that happened afterwards. But Lieberman was a lousy attack dog and hype man. I could see John Edwards fitting that bill pretty nicely. He certainly couldn't do much worse.
I agree with you but I think your assessment of Lieberman is far too kind. I think Jeanne Shaheen would have been much better then limp Joe Lieberman but probably not an effective attack dog (doesn’t seem her style). She definitely could have been an excellent hype woman and would have helped in NH.