TL-191: Navy Blue and Gray - Naval Forces of the USA and CSA

HSF_Aircraft.png

And now the aircraft of the German Navy

HSF_Aircraft.png

And now the aircraft of the German Navy
I can see the avenger Germany builds nothing close to it. However,If they have the 87c would they need the Dauntless or the Wildcat which while I've always loved the F4F its not in the same league as the 190.

Eek the 109 naval version with its narrow landing gear would have been a widow maker at sea

I can see the avenger Germany builds nothing close to it. However,If they have the 87c would they need the Dauntless or the Wildcat which while I've always loved the F4F its not in the same league as the 190.

Eek the 109 naval version with its narrow landing gear would have been a widow maker at sea
The reasoning for the SBDs and Wildcats in their forces is because that carrier (SMS Max Immelmann) was in the Pacific, and thus no easy way to replenish it's stock of German made aircraft.

This time, the German Navy controls Naval Aviation-something they didn't have IOTL with the Fat Man declaring "Everything that flies belongs to me!" Much to the disgust of the Kreigsmarine's admirals.

KM.png

And a chart for the Royal Netherlands Navy during the Second Great War

Edit: I am thinking of doing one for the Russians

Last edited:
I wonder if the T-191 German Imperial Air Force wears a uniform all it's own or if it continues to wear army togs with a few salient differences?

This time, the German Navy controls Naval Aviation-something they didn't have IOTL with the Fat Man declaring "Everything that flies belongs to me!" Much to the disgust of the Kreigsmarine's admirals.

I'll bet Herman Goering has his fingers in some fairly juicy flies, alternate history or no - barring his death in the Great War, I suspect that he would have the ambition and low cunning to go quite far in the military (Even if it's quite likely he would lack opportunities to climb as high in the country as a whole as he did in Our Timeline).

Edit: I am thinking of doing one for the Russians

I would absolutely love to see that - a topic I've raised before, though without the knowledge to do it justice, is the question of what Imperial Russia Fleet was doing during the Great War (Since it appears to have avoided anything like the Russo-Japanese War in this timeline, the Hispano-Japanese War having apparently taught the Tsar et al some invaluable caution, the Russian navy would likely have the capacity to make a pretty serious contribution to the war effort).

It struck me today that one possible reason for the Russian Imperial Navy's lack of impact in the Pacific theatre may well have been a decision to send it west (either against the Turks in the Mediterranean or the Germans in the North Sea) rather than risk Russian vessels in a conflict with the United States which could only profit the British Empire & Japan (Both key rivals in the region).

It's even possible that Russian naval reinforcements in the Med might have persuaded the Royal Navy to take another shot at the Dardanelles (especially in conjunction with Russian naval assets in the Black Sea), though whether this operation would stand a snowball's chance in Hell is an interesting question.

It would be equally possible that the Russians preferred to maintain their Pacific squadron as a "Fleet in being" rather than risk it on behalf of their Anglo-Japanese allies.

I would absolutely love to see that - a topic I've raised before, though without the knowledge to do it justice, is the question of what Imperial Russia Fleet was doing during the Great War (Since it appears to have avoided anything like the Russo-Japanese War in this timeline, the Hispano-Japanese War having apparently taught the Tsar et al some invaluable caution, the Russian navy would likely have the capacity to make a pretty serious contribution to the war effort).

It struck me today that one possible reason for the Russian Imperial Navy's lack of impact in the Pacific theatre may well have been a decision to send it west (either against the Turks in the Mediterranean or the Germans in the North Sea) rather than risk Russian vessels in a conflict with the United States which could only profit the British Empire & Japan (Both key rivals in the region).

It's even possible that Russian naval reinforcements in the Med might have persuaded the Royal Navy to take another shot at the Dardanelles (especially in conjunction with Russian naval assets in the Black Sea), though whether this operation would stand a snowball's chance in Hell is an interesting question.

It would be equally possible that the Russians preferred to maintain their Pacific squadron as a "Fleet in being" rather than risk it on behalf of their Anglo-Japanese allies.
Good points, and secondly, I have toying too with the Russians here having an aircraft carrier project on their own, to mainly serve their Pacific Fleet due to the region's vastness, from Vladivostok to Alaska.

Good points, and secondly, I have toying too with the Russians here having an aircraft carrier project on their own, to mainly serve their Pacific Fleet due to the region's vastness, from Vladivostok to Alaska.

Hmmm ... that would make a good deal of sense, especially since airplanes are less expensive to replace than warships!

I wouldn't be surprised if postwar, before Jets (Turbos) go to sea, the Germans adopt the Avenger as a torpedo bomber and strike aircraft to replace the Fi-167. If OTL is a guide, you'd have jet fighters go to sea before having strike aircraft (see Korea as an example: F9F and F2H as fighters, while Corsairs and Skyraiders were the strike birds).