Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

I feel like there's a lot of fascists out there who deserve the title of most destructive school of thought way more. Religious fundamentalists, hate groups, etc.

Eh, let me give you an example. Bolivia was a very right wing country, but somehow they elected Morales. The reason why he got elected was that literally Hugo Banzer privatised the water of Bolivia to a consortium. That led all the rivers to be considered our of reach by the population and people got forbidden to collect rainwater and also were ordered to disconnect their houses from any private water source like water pits. That caused such an outrage that made Bolivia elect a left winger.

Plus the economic damage in some areas was comparable to what a war can cause, I live in the ABC region in Brazil that was once an industrial powerhouse and now people simply exist, there is are jobs anymore and the youth have no prospect of future. I see neoliberalism as the kind of stuff that can cause civilisation collapse without war. I dare to say that some less aggressive forms of communism like the Cuban one are less destructive than neoliberalism.

Last edited:
Does military doctrines really exist in real life? I was wondering about that today and since my hoi4 thread failed to catch up I decided to ask it here.

What led me to think that is that I asked a few years ago in post 1900 about Germany adopting another school and going for artillery, something that led people to tell me that those things doesn't exist like shown in hoi4. Today I was looking after a few figures in "Home of the Brave" chosen to lead some doctrine's and I noticed that all guys chosen for "mass assault" are infantry leaders, so that means that everyone who agrees that the infantry is the queen of the battlefield is a supporter of mass assault?

Is the 1950s Bundeswehr a mass assault army then?

Does military doctrines really exist in real life? I was wondering about that today and since my hoi4 thread failed to catch up I decided to ask it here.

What led me to think that is that I asked a few years ago in post 1900 about Germany adopting another school and going for artillery, something that led people to tell me that those things doesn't exist like shown in hoi4. Today I was looking after a few figures in "Home of the Brave" chosen to lead some doctrine's and I noticed that all guys chosen for "mass assault" are infantry leaders, so that means that everyone who agrees that the infantry is the queen of the battlefield is a supporter of mass assault?

Is the 1950s Bundeswehr a mass assault army then?

They do, but HOI4 land doctrines are a very simplified way of looking at things. This is a video game after all. People are correct to say that it isn't like in HOI4. There's no one set doctrine. They represent a certain mechanic; armor for MW, artillery for SF, planning system for GBP, and infantry units for MA.

Infantry is the cornerstone of every doctrine because armor and planes can't hold positions by themselves. Actual nations followed a mix of several land doctrines. Nationalist China ran on a mix of GBP and Mass Assault, for example, while the US Army was the only fully mechanized force in WW2, down to their all-motorized supply chains, and SF doesn't really reflect that.

Modern warfare as we know it; everyone mechanizes sooner or later, like in MW. Everyone uses combined arms, like SF. Everyone gets around the map and plans grand strategy, like in GBP. Everyone mobilizes the reserves and uses guerrilla tactics against a stronger enemy, like in MA.

The 1950s Bundeswehr was a sensible combined arms force running on the 'American doctrine', which is closest to Superior Firepower. The British canon path is GBP -> Assault, because C3I is something they invented and the British pre-war were a very mechanized force. They lost most of their vehicles at Dunkirk but mechanized back quickly. The Japanese are closest to GBP -> Infiltration, but their doctrine in China was closer to Superior Firepower in the Chinese view. The Chinese kept getting hit by artillery and planes and tanks, while the better-equipped Americans, Australians and British had the Japanese using guerrilla tactics and close-range infantry attacks with mortar support against them.

Mobile Warfare for the Germans was just the latest evolution in Prussian maneuver warfare that had defeated France and made them attempt Schifflein in 1914. It wasn't super radical.

The thing is that HOI4 tries to represent the different fighting styles of the main WW2 nations, while making them broad enough to be used by minor nations. But it's still a giant simplification. Actual doctrines are a mix. Countries that used guerrilla warfare would have the speed focus of MW without vehicles, elements of GBP Infiltration, and Mass Assault for the rest, for example. You also have cases where countries with the same land doctrine fought each other. Both sides of the Spanish Civil War arguably used GBP.

Last edited:
Eh, let me give you an example. Bolivia was a very right wing country, but somehow they elected Morales. The reason why he got elected was that literally Hugo Banzer privatised the water of Bolivia to a consortium. That led all the rivers to be considered our of reach by the population and people got forbidden to collect rainwater and also were ordered to disconnect their houses from any private water source like water pits. That caused such an outrage that made Bolivia elect a left winger.

Plus the economic damage in some areas was comparable to what a war can cause, I live in the ABC region in Brazil that was once an industrial powerhouse and now people simply exist, there is are jobs anymore and the youth have no prospect of future. I see neoliberalism as the kind of stuff that can cause civilisation collapse without war. I dare to say that some less aggressive forms of communism like the Cuban one are less destructive than neoliberalism
Ah yes, because Poland and Czechia are well known for collapsing right after adopting neoliberal policies and not being economic powerhouses for them.

And it is well known that neoliberalism causes the murdering of millions, the destruction of homes, properties, and leaves a nation with scars lasting for decades.

And it is well known that neoliberalism causes the murdering of millions, the destruction of homes, properties, and leaves a nation with scars lasting for decades.
Yes, absolutely, It leads to mass layoffs, then capital flight, then causes a terrible social stagnation that leads to societal decay, infrastructure collapse, entire regions gets taken up by gangs and cartels and leads to a damage similar to a war through economic chaos. You got it right, it is exactly like that.

Ah yes, because Poland and Czechia are well known for collapsing right after adopting neoliberal policies and not being economic powerhouses for them.
Exceptions, yes. To each one you got five latin america and african countries crushed in the process.

I feel like there might be a bit more to those countries doing poorly then just "they did neoliberalism".
Believe or not there is truth to this.
In a ton of countries the therm had been appropriated to oligarchs who basically wanted to pass socially regressive reforms, and the ideology gave an justification for that. Stuff like taking the subsidies from industry to invest in technical education (that was one of the points of the washington consensus) got ignored since the objective was just to take off the subsidies from industry.
So yeah, the ideology is not doomed, and people who defend it aren't evil, but the damage it has done has been extremely traumatic and that is why people are so against it.

Believe or not there is truth to this.
In a ton of countries the therm had been appropriated to oligarchs who basically wanted to pass socially regressive reforms, and the ideology gave an justification for that. Stuff like taking the subsidies from industry to invest in technical education (that was one of the points of the washington consensus) got ignored since the objective was just to take off the subsidies from industry.
So yeah, the ideology is not doomed, and people who defend it aren't evil, but the damage it has done has been extremely traumatic and that is why people are so against it.
I'm not arguing for or against it, I just think that calling it as destructive an ideology as, IDK, the kind of religious fundamentalism that motivates ISIS for example, or white supremacy or any of the other many far-right ideologies in the world today is innacurate. Same for calling it as destructive as war. You can certainly make the argument that it has negative consequences, but to say that it is as bad as actual literal armed conflict is just an exaggeration.

Yeah. I mean, any governmental policy is going to screw people over if it is mired in corruption and mismanagement. Neoliberalism is not unique to this. Government policies in Egypt aimed at spurring industrial growth failed under endemic corruption and nepotism, for instance.

I think if you are looking for someone to blame for these issues, blame that.

the US Army was the only fully mechanized force in WW2, down to their all-motorized supply chains,

Actually that's not true, all the Commonwealth forces in the European Theatre* were fully mechanised from September 1939, before the US Army mechanised. Equally both the Commonwealth and US Army was as mechanised as possible in the Pacific within the constraints of the terrain. The British Army in North West Europe had a comparable but slightly lower ratio of men to vehicles but a larger lift thanks to having fewer jeeps but more lorries.

*With the caveat or some as hoc usage of mules in Italy and the Balkans because lorries simply couldn't get up some of the hills.

It's been a long time since I played Canada, but isn't King's role essentially being the guy arguing that Canada should build itself up instead of worrying about attacking the Union of Britain?

He still wants the war, but yeah he believes that Canada main focus should be itself as a nation.

Ladies and gentlemen, I came here to comment in the brazilian uniforms in KR.

For a start, here the trigger:

The New Englander uniform is basically the brazilian uniform from the 1930-1942 period, with 1942 being the hellish year when we adopted the only army school worse than the fr*nch one, the am*rican school.

In kaiserreich since France got rekt in WWI the brazilian uniform in kaiserreich is still the same, but it wears a mighty stahlhelm instead of the adrian helmet from OTL. The rest of the uniform seems unchanged.

Now, what would be the repercussions from it in KR? Believe or not, they would be massive. One of the reasons why the brazilian military dictatorship was so different from the rest of the ones in Latin America is that Brazil had an american mission, not a german or french one. The whole process to make a fake democratic system was because those officers really believed that they were protecting democracy in their own way. In Kr since Brazil has a german mission any military junta would be like "damn democracy".