DCS Revised: A Better Color Scheme

Which color should Hungary use in the DCSR?

• Dark teal (DCS)

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Light teal (current DCSR)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Brick red (NCS)

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
Here's the Maghreb, including Macaronesia. If you'd like me to keep working on this, any encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
You can do this! I'm updating maps for my superhero universe with this DCSR!

I've just been lurking, but I really like what you're doing here and would love to see it finished! DCS has been my go-to color scheme and it would be awesome to see it updated.
I too really like what you're doing here and would love to see it finished. DCS has also been MY go-to color scheme and it would be awesome to see it updated.

This is a good color scheme, and I have liked what I have seen of it so far. Also, do you have any plans to add soil types and land use columns? I don't think I've seen a color scheme that has them, and it could make DCS Revised an excellent color scheme for agriculture and alternate agriculture-related scenarios.

Here's the Maghreb, including Macaronesia. If you'd like me to keep working on this, any encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Balancing coverage with usability is not easy, you're doing great!

The only reasons I haven't converted my TL's maps over is I need to wait for North America and the mind-boggling task of converting all the African tribes that base maps I use have.

Balancing coverage with usability is not easy, you're doing great!

The only reasons I haven't converted my TL's maps over is I need to wait for North America and the mind-boggling task of converting all the African tribes that base maps I use have.

I would very much like to get to North America.

USDA_soil_taxonomy_global_map.png

I'm referring to something like this.

Entisols, inceptisols, and alfisols are three stages of soil development in temperate woodland and forest areas. The entisols are the most recently deposited, undeveloped soils, inceptisols are woodland soils in a moderate stage of development, and alfisols are fully developed woodland soils. Both inceptisols and alfisols have moderate to high nutrient content and moderate to high fertility.

Mollisols develop under temperate grasslands, tend to form a tall layer of soil, and are highly fertile.

Aridisols form in scrub vegetation under arid and semi-arid conditions and can have moderate to high nutrient content, but are at high risk of becoming salinized.

Hot, rainy climates produce highly weathered soils with low nutrient content. Ultisols are old soils, drained of nutrients, and oxisols represent a more advanced stage of this process. Weathering remnants and metal oxides are all that's left in the latter type of soil.

Cold regions produce different types of soil: in coniferous forests, the needle litter leaches nutrients from the soil and forms spodosols. Gilisols, meanwhile, form due to persistent freezing temperatures and contain permafrost within two meters of the surface.

Andisols are highly fertile soils produced by weathering of volcanic ash, and vertisols are also fertile and form through the weathering of limestone.

Histosols form out of organic matter in wet conditions, and include muck and peat.

The original DCS mentions a "New Carolina" in Liberia (with "Confederate Africa" as an alias), but I haven't been able to find any reference on the Internet. Does anyone know what and where New Carolina was, if it even existed in OTL?

The original DCS mentions a "New Carolina" in Liberia (with "Confederate Africa" as an alias), but I haven't been able to find any reference on the Internet. Does anyone know what and where New Carolina was, if it even existed in OTL?
Just from a bit of a search, I'm inclined to believe it's fake. The only things I could find that mention anything relating to "Carolina" and "Liberia" are the Liberian exodus which was the emigration of 206 African-Americans from South Carolina to Liberia in 1878 and two small communities of African-Americans called Liberia in North Carolina and South Carolina. Funnily enough, there's a New Georgia in Liberia, but no New Carolina. That's the conclusion I've come to at least, if anyone wants to search more and prove me wrong, feel free.