Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

L = 500, CCC = 300, X = 10, III = 3; 500+300+10+3 = 813
A year before Charlemagne's death
yes, exactly.
Can I ask what that year is supposed to be? The best I can figure out is 263/363.
sorry, should have specified.
So maybe for the benefit of everyone, the text in the box is supposed to say:

the provinces of the Christian Empire (The Roman Empire, obviously)
governed in the year of our lord 813 by Charles August (Charlemagne)
crowned by god great, peaceful Emperor of the Romans and King of the Franks
etc. etc.
Also sorry if the Latin is kinda wonky, it's not my first language as you might guess.

L = 500, CCC = 300, X = 10, III = 3; 500+300+10+3 = 813
A year before Charlemagne's death

yes, exactly.

sorry, should have specified.
So maybe for the benefit of everyone, the text in the box is supposed to say:

the provinces of the Christian Empire (The Roman Empire, obviously)
governed in the year of our lord 813 by Charles August (Charlemagne)
crowned by god great, peaceful Emperor of the Romans and King of the Franks
etc. etc.
Also sorry if the Latin is kinda wonky, it's not my first language as you might guess.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but-
L = 50 D = 500

So @Aichi72 is correct in his math

What happens with the coast near Alicante? (Southern València)
If you're referring to the black lines in Aragon instead of the 1st Sub lines, that was me forgetting how internal borders worked, and those parts of Aragon should be united with eachother.

(p.s., I also used an outdated set of Spanish internals while trying to make a map reflecting them, as your Reconquista map presents)

If you're referring to the black lines in Aragon instead of the 1st Sub lines, that was me forgetting how internal borders worked, and those parts of Aragon should be united with eachother.
Pretty sure he's referring to the coastline at the southern tip of Valencia (the Segura depression). In that case, that area was under water until Roman tribes, but from the medieval epoch onwards that was dry land, so that coastline is wrong. Btw, the Lagoon of Valencia wasn't that big, even at its greatest.

Pretty sure he's referring to the coastline at the southern tip of Valencia (the Segura depression). In that case, that area was under water until Roman tribes, but from the medieval epoch onwards that was dry land, so that coastline is wrong. Btw, the Lagoon of Valencia wasn't that big, even at its greatest.
Ah, alrighty then. I was using a template, my apologies. Thanks

Crazy Boris

Banned
image.png

September 3, 1403: Death of Gian Galeazzo Visconti

(take Mesoamerica with a grain of salt, I had a hard time figuring stuff out down there)

image.png

September 3, 1403: Death of Gian Galeazzo Visconti

(take Mesoamerica with a grain of salt, I had a hard time figuring stuff out down there)
Pardon my stupidity but since I'm engaged with revelries, I don't have the time to google what the heck is going on with Bulgaria. What the heck is happening with Bulgaria? I thought it was Ottoman by this period.

Crazy Boris

Banned
Pardon my stupidity but since I'm engaged with revelries, I don't have the time to google what the heck is going on with Bulgaria. What the heck is happening with Bulgaria? I thought it was Ottoman by this period.

Ottoman Civil War, Fetret Devri

Yep. Rumelia is under Suleyman Celebi and Anatolia is Mehmet Celebi

There's also the Tsardom of Vidin, the last medieval Bulgarian state