The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

improved qbam topography
Nice, ill maybe use this is some maps, but what are those blue spots here?

1681043542786.png

also is there a bathymetry map? i could use that too

I would like to point out that in my opinion the South Ossetia-Georgian "border" is incorrect:

image (1) - Copia.png
Georgia_high_detail_map.png

The red line should start after the "bulge" and end on the protrusion farther to the left. Something like this:
image (2) - Copia.png

Or something like these:
image - Copia.png
image - Copia - Copia.png

Last edited:
I personally think that this is the most accurate one since the western border of South Ossetia is pretty linear and flat. If we are really nitpicking then I would also like to point out that Transnistria should also be slightly changed to account for the " Bender protrusion"

fg.png

I also noticed that the Azerbaijani administrative divisions are also partially wrong:
image.png

Just by following the Wikipedia map (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Administrative_division_of_Azerbaijan2.png):
The Azerbaijani part of 55 is not shown on the map and Nagorno Karabakh directly taches 11; 65 and 21 were incorrectly merged into a single district too.

Last edited:
I also noticed that the Azerbaijani administrative divisions are also partially wrong:
View attachment 825839

Just by following the Wikipedia map (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Administrative_division_of_Azerbaijan2.png):
The Azerbaijani part of 55 is not shown on the map and Nagorno Karabakh directly taches 11; 65 and 21 were incorrectly merged into a single district too.
Mappa del mondo semplificata (finita) Caucaso.png

This is the best I could do using a version of the old "e22EMSa" map that I streamlined and coloured in my free time. Hope you like it!

Last edited:
Lena River patch.png

Patch for the Lena river. I noticed it was cutting into the nearby mountains so I moved it over a bit

Topographything.png

Also noticed this while working on the Lena, there's a shift in the topography. This is the only one I've seen but it's weird because I don't know where it came from

View attachment 826593
Patch for the Lena river. I noticed it was cutting into the nearby mountains so I moved it over a bit

View attachment 826594
Also noticed this while working on the Lena, there's a shift in the topography. This is the only one I've seen but it's weird because I don't know where it came from
Before this is used, are we sure that it is the Lena which is wrong and not the topography? I bring this up because it was just this sort of casual faliure to check that almost ruined the Chinese provinces in QBAM even worse than they had been previously, all because someone didn't think to determine if it was the rivers or provinces that were wrong.

Last edited:
Before this is used, are we sure that it is the Lena which is wrong and not the topography? I bring this up because it was just this sort of casual faliure to check that almost ruined the Chinese provinces in QBAM even worse than they had been previously, all because someone didn't think to determine if it was the rivers or provinces that were wrong.
I believe it is, since hyperspace manually aligned it. There are probably a few flaws here and there though

AB4CD759-8CFB-4FED-80A9-F63B376B6BFD.png

May be wrong but I was checking the Korean subdivisions and noticed some inaccuracies

Feel free to totally trash my map but I did notice some things off with the base map so I figured it was worth a second opinion

Sure, it is on the description of the video: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iJ6KU_3aghOx9aslHgDqMsfpfGH-y_P00NYeOE23Uu4/edit

I am only asking for these insurgencies, tribes, etc. to be added to the most up-to-date modern QBAM, not to make an entire revamp of this map, which will of course require credits to the original authors of this project, which I can give to them if you want to.
Just in case anyone was curious I am currently working on updating this map from a while ago to the latest QBAM base while trying to throw a few updates to how to map actually is drawn in.

It would be nice if there was a key to what insurgencies were what colors, kinda hard to get lost in certain areas

So I've been thinking of creating a new TL set in a post-apocalyptic world 1000 years after the final great war ended the world as we know it. while i haven't fully decided if I'm going to attempt this TL I did decide to make a map of this new world and thought some of yall may like it

Attachments

• 2100 new world.png
    2100 new world.png
    271.5 KB · Views: 388
So I've been thinking of creating a new TL set in a post-apocalyptic world 1000 years after the final great war ended the world as we know it. while i haven't fully decided if I'm going to attempt this TL I did decide to make a map of this new world and thought some of yall may like it
This should probably go in the Map Thread, this thread is for OTL resources.