An Imperial Match: Anne Boleyn marries Charles V

So Felipe, Juan, and Juana have daughters named for their mother, with Catalina to join the ranks, it seems like. Nothing’s ever been quite so confusing as it was cute.

And poor Nora. I hope she will at least have children to give her some consolation, and if she bears a son, it will secure her place.

How many Anne's are there again ? One for Filipe, one for Juanita, and one for Juan ? I feel as if Anne and its variants are going to be the "Maria's" of TTL.
There is:
  1. Ana de Austria - Felipe's daughter
  2. Anne Élisabeth d'Autriche - Juan's daughter
  3. Anna von Osterreich - Juana's daughter
  4. Anna of Hungary and Bohemia - Ferdinand's wife
  5. Anna of Cleves - James V's wife
  6. Anna von Osterreich - Ferdinand's daughter
  7. Anne Boleyn - do i even need to say
  8. Anna Bullen - George B's daughter

and I think that's all? So 8, unless I'm mistake. And if Catalina has a girl, it makes nine.

Cast - The Tudors
New tv show detailing the entire history of the Tudor Dynasty, and its heirs.

Evie Allen as Eleanor Tudor, Queen of Scotland
b8989d89e3375065d89083e7204c2048eaf31e24.jpg

Leo Hart as William Tudor, Prince of Wales
Jacaerys-Velaryon.jpg

Ella Purnell as Cat Carey, Countess of Hertford
1_belgravia_11.jpg

Rose Williams as Elizabeth Tailboys, Viscountess Lovell
MV5BNTBjNmUwY2EtZTYzMS00MDg3LTk3YzgtMDIyNzI1NmUwMDkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

Josh O'Connor as Henry Howard, Earl of Hertford
cw-40518.jpg

Ben Hardy as Peter Tudor (edit: i think this is pierre, Henry VIII's French bastard son that was raised next to his trueborn half-brother, John II)
234-2.jpg

Michelle Dockery as Mary Boleyn
this-town-michelle-dockery-downton-abbey.jpg

13th of February, 1547.
Bruges, Low Countries. 13th of February, 1547.

Bessie rocked Marie in her arms, her second daughter tightly swaddled to ward off any chills. The baby was only a few weeks old, with scrunched up eyes and her father's nose, already loved by all. She tried to keep still, not willing to let the baby wake up even as she felt her limbs shake with her anger.

"The Duke of Lorraine's son?" she questioned. "A grandson to your father's mortal enemy?"

Juan tilted his head, leaning against the sole window in Marie's nursery. "A boy who will inherit the lands standing between the Low Countries and Burgundy," he said. "A boy who ought to be friendly to us."

Bessie looked away. "Mimi is only a baby," she murmured, looking down at her little daughter, named after two of her beloved aunts. Soon enough, she too would be sent to the country to be with her siblings. It was for their health, the Emperor said. A ducal court was a place fit for diseases to flourish and children were best kept away from such things. But all Bessie could feel was that they were ripping her babies from her arms.

"She will grow," said Juan, kicking away from the wall. He walked until he was right before her, towering over her. "As will François de Lorraine. Until they are old enough to be wed." Her husband leaned in to press a kiss to her mouth and Bessie averted her face. Juan sighed, closing his eyes. "Are you angry with me, Elizabeth?"

"How can I not be?" she asked, looking back at him with chilling blue eyes. "You're taking my children away from me. My children!" Mimi whined at her tone and Bessie softened her face, rocking her more firmly until she fell asleep again.

"Is this about my father's decision?" Juan asked. "I regret it most bitterly too, Bess." Bess. That was what he called her when he wanted her to be soft and gentle. Wifely. Obedient. Bessie would not accept it. "They are my children and I think of them every day."

Bessie looked at him with a flashing and angry expression. "You see our children only as remedies for your political headaches," she accused. "Ana de Austria for Philippe, Isabella d'Este for Jean, Wilhelm von Wittelsbach for Anne Élisabeth and now…" She shook her head. "Our children are nothing but pawns to you."

Juan's jaw set back, tense. "You are my political headache," he said and shook his head. "They may have a use for me, but you only see them as tools in your battle against me."

Bessie stared at him for a long moment. "How can you say that to me?" she asked. "At least, I don't clearly prefer one child to the other. One who isn't even your heir!"

Juan opened his mouth to retort just as acidly, but at that exact moment, Mimi began to loudly cry, the sound of her parents fighting waking her up. As she shushed and rocked her daughter, Bessie stared angrily at her husband.

"Get out," she told him with a tense set to her posture. "You've done enough."

"You're so protective of your child," Juan murmured almost mockingly. "Don't forget where you got her." He turned away to leave.

--

Westminster Palace, England. 24th of April, 1547.

John moved off of her when they were finished, taking his shirt from where it had fallen on the floor. Kitty shifted in his bed, taking the sheets to hide her face in unabashed sleepiness. He chuckled at the sight of her.

"Do I tire you so, wife?" he asked and she smiled, cheeks flushed.

"My lord husband has a strong appetite, that's all," she joked back and John smiled, pulling a dressing gown over his shoulders. He walked away from the bed to fill up a cup with wine, as it was thirsty work to complete his marital duties. Not that he was complaining, of course.

Kitty continued to watch him, dark brown hair falling down her naked back and John watched her back. He watched her until a nervous smile broke her lips and she looked away, unable to handle his stare. He smiled.

She hadn't had a child since Alfred in late 1545, and that was just as well. With two sons and two daughters, they could afford a small break. Allow Kitty's body to heal from so many births in such little time. John wanted more children, his sons would be the only ones able to continue the Tudor dynasty his grandfather and father worked so hard to maintain.

He drank his wine slowly and sat at his writing desk, overseeing his many papers. After the Scottish left Ireland, or some of them did, John had ordered his men to finish their conquest of the emerald isle. He wanted to be King of Ireland, as well of England.

"Husband," Kitty whined behind him, "Come back to bed."

"I can't, my love," he said. "I'm married to my kingdom."

"You're married to me," she complained, huffing against the bed. John chuckled and shook his head, returning his eyes to number about supply lines and more men. Always more men. No one was ever happy. It was never enough.

Kitty sighed, twirling a dark lock around her ring finger. "I received a letter from Nora today," she murmured.

Her husband didn't turn to look at her. "Did you?" he asked.

"Yes, she thinks she is with child," Kitty said and John nodded, still looking at his papers. "Isn't that wonderful? If it's a boy, we might marry Isabella to him."

That made him look at her. "James of Scotland won't accept that," he said. "And neither will I. It will make our grandchildren's blood weaker and thinner." He shook his head. "And our second daughter can do better than Scotland."

Kitty frowned. "Such as what?" she asked.

"Such as Spain," he said, his eyes glittering. "The Prince of Asturias has only one son and all say he won't have another, with the way his wife produced so many daughters. He will want a daughter-in-law from a family known for fertile women."

"Such as mine," Kitty supplied and her husband nodded.

"Exactly," he said. "Your mother had eleven children, my love. You're only twenty-two and already, we have four. Soon to have more." Then, his eyes turned dark, as if taking advantage of something. "And you're related to the Prince's beloved mother, our child born in her natal country. Surely, that counts for something."

"So, it will be Katherine for the future King of Poland," Kitty began, "And Isabella for the future King of Spain."

John nodded. "Our daughters will continue our legacy, my love," he said with a dreamy, faraway voice. "A dynasty of our own, the Tudor rose spreading its roots deep into Europe."

*sigh* Bessie and Juan are at each other’s throats again… but also, doesn’t Bessie know royal children are raised away from their parents? She was, wasn’t she?

Ooh, I loved seeing John planning to give his children the best futures possible. As usual, he and Kitty are lovely together.

Bruges, Low Countries. 13th of February, 1547.

Bessie rocked Marie in her arms, her second daughter tightly swaddled to ward off any chills. The baby was only a few weeks old, with scrunched up eyes and her father's nose, already loved by all. She tried to keep still, not willing to let the baby wake up even as she felt her limbs shake with her anger.

"The Duke of Lorraine's son?" she questioned. "A grandson to your father's mortal enemy?"

Juan tilted his head, leaning against the sole window in Marie's nursery. "A boy who will inherit the lands standing between the Low Countries and Burgundy," he said. "A boy who ought to be friendly to us."

Bessie looked away. "Mimi is only a baby," she murmured, looking down at her little daughter, named after two of her beloved aunts. Soon enough, she too would be sent to the country to be with her siblings. It was for their health, the Emperor said. A ducal court was a place fit for diseases to flourish and children were best kept away from such things. But all Bessie could feel was that they were ripping her babies from her arms.

"She will grow," said Juan, kicking away from the wall. He walked until he was right before her, towering over her. "As will François de Lorraine. Until they are old enough to be wed." Her husband leaned in to press a kiss to her mouth and Bessie averted her face. Juan sighed, closing his eyes. "Are you angry with me, Elizabeth?"

"How can I not be?" she asked, looking back at him with chilling blue eyes. "You're taking my children away from me. My children!" Mimi whined at her tone and Bessie softened her face, rocking her more firmly until she fell asleep again.

"Is this about my father's decision?" Juan asked. "I regret it most bitterly too, Bess." Bess. That was what he called her when he wanted her to be soft and gentle. Wifely. Obedient. Bessie would not accept it. "They are my children and I think of them every day."

Bessie looked at him with a flashing and angry expression. "You see our children only as remedies for your political headaches," she accused. "Ana de Austria for Philippe, Isabella d'Este for Jean, Wilhelm von Wittelsbach for Anne Élisabeth and now…" She shook her head. "Our children are nothing but pawns to you."

Juan's jaw set back, tense. "You are my political headache," he said and shook his head. "They may have a use for me, but you only see them as tools in your battle against me."

Bessie stared at him for a long moment. "How can you say that to me?" she asked. "At least, I don't clearly prefer one child to the other. One who isn't even your heir!"

Juan opened his mouth to retort just as acidly, but at that exact moment, Mimi began to loudly cry, the sound of her parents fighting waking her up. As she shushed and rocked her daughter, Bessie stared angrily at her husband.

"Get out," she told him with a tense set to her posture. "You've done enough."

"You're so protective of your child," Juan murmured almost mockingly. "Don't forget where you got her." He turned away to leave.

--

Westminster Palace, England. 24th of April, 1547.

John moved off of her when they were finished, taking his shirt from where it had fallen on the floor. Kitty shifted in his bed, taking the sheets to hide her face in unabashed sleepiness. He chuckled at the sight of her.

"Do I tire you so, wife?" he asked and she smiled, cheeks flushed.

"My lord husband has a strong appetite, that's all," she joked back and John smiled, pulling a dressing gown over his shoulders. He walked away from the bed to fill up a cup with wine, as it was thirsty work to complete his marital duties. Not that he was complaining, of course.

Kitty continued to watch him, dark brown hair falling down her naked back and John watched her back. He watched her until a nervous smile broke her lips and she looked away, unable to handle his stare. He smiled.

She hadn't had a child since Alfred in late 1545, and that was just as well. With two sons and two daughters, they could afford a small break. Allow Kitty's body to heal from so many births in such little time. John wanted more children, his sons would be the only ones able to continue the Tudor dynasty his grandfather and father worked so hard to maintain.

He drank his wine slowly and sat at his writing desk, overseeing his many papers. After the Scottish left Ireland, or some of them did, John had ordered his men to finish their conquest of the emerald isle. He wanted to be King of Ireland, as well of England.

"Husband," Kitty whined behind him, "Come back to bed."

"I can't, my love," he said. "I'm married to my kingdom."

"You're married to me," she complained, huffing against the bed. John chuckled and shook his head, returning his eyes to number about supply lines and more men. Always more men. No one was ever happy. It was never enough.

Kitty sighed, twirling a dark lock around her ring finger. "I received a letter from Nora today," she murmured.

Her husband didn't turn to look at her. "Did you?" he asked.

"Yes, she thinks she is with child," Kitty said and John nodded, still looking at his papers. "Isn't that wonderful? If it's a boy, we might marry Isabella to him."

That made him look at her. "James of Scotland won't accept that," he said. "And neither will I. It will make our grandchildren's blood weaker and thinner." He shook his head. "And our second daughter can do better than Scotland."

Kitty frowned. "Such as what?" she asked.

"Such as Spain," he said, his eyes glittering. "The Prince of Asturias has only one son and all say he won't have another, with the way his wife produced so many daughters. He will want a daughter-in-law from a family known for fertile women."

"Such as mine," Kitty supplied and her husband nodded.

"Exactly," he said. "Your mother had eleven children, my love. You're only twenty-two and already, we have four. Soon to have more." Then, his eyes turned dark, as if taking advantage of something. "And you're related to the Prince's beloved mother, our child born in her natal country. Surely, that counts for something."

"So, it will be Katherine for the future King of Poland," Kitty began, "And Isabella for the future King of Spain."

John nodded. "Our daughters will continue our legacy, my love," he said with a dreamy, faraway voice. "A dynasty of our own, the Tudor rose spreading its roots deep into Europe."
Ambitious, John. Well done.