As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Has anything happened to Disney Epic Kingdom?

Here's when it opened: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/as-dreamers-do-part-deux.524464/page-22#post-22937969

The upgrades made since then:

Downtown Disney:

Fox Sports Grill (ESPN Zone IOTL) and Flynn's Arcade have a new neighbor, a 12 lane bowling alley called Splitsville.

Opening day lands at Epic Kingdom:
Buena Vista Street, Springfield (Simpsons), Excelsior Square (TMNT & Marvel), Tinseltown (Fab Five).

Expansion coming in 2009 where Cars Land and A Bug's Land were built IOTL:
AJAX Crimenet (Carmen Sandiego franchise)
Pixel Pier (Atari, TRON and Kingdom Hearts franchises)
Little Tokyo (Urusei Yatsura, Naruto, Inuyasha, Tenchi Muyo, Ranma 1/2)

AJAX Crimenet will replace the former Dick Tracy Crimestoppers attraction as part of Peacock's purchase of the Dick Tracy multimedia rights.

@THEKINGFISH217
Nowadays, the SatAm blocks exist to bring cable hits to kids who might not have cable at home.

Downtown Disney:
Fox Sports Grill (ESPN Zone IOTL) and Flynn's Arcade have a new neighbor, a 12 lane bowling alley called Splitsville.

Expansion coming in 2009 where Cars Land and A Bug's Land were built IOTL:
AJAX Crimenet (Carmen Sandiego franchise)
Pixel Pier (Atari, TRON and Kingdom Hearts franchises)
Little Tokyo (Urusei Yatsura, Naruto, Inuyasha, Tenchi Muyo, Ranma 1/2)
The bowling alley at Downtown Disney is great, but that third expansion?

Hell. Yes.

At Disney, future dual-branded releases will have a new combined logo as follows:

maxresdefault.jpg

The current Disney logo, unveiled in 2006, will animate normally except with a twist. After the Walt Disney Pictures name appears for a few seconds, the text fades out as we zoom away from the castle and pan right. Then, we see a closeup of a searchlight against a cityscape backdrop based on the streets of Los Angeles. This "bridge" part is basically the same as you might know from the first few drum rolls of the OTL Fox Searchlight Pictures logo.

AgedFlippantEyra-mobile.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Then, we pan to the Fox Golden Structure. At first, only an extreme closeup of the "Fox" part of the name is seen inside the frame. But as we get to the call-and-response of the strings and brass, we pull back to reveal the entire 20th Century-Fox structure at its normal angle.
maxresdefault.jpg

By the way, the Disney jingle is tuned to B Flat Major to match the Fox fanfare more seamlessly.

Better late than never to ask this, but who owns the vintage Foxy shorts?
I'm asking this because, whoever owns the character would have a darn good reason to bring him back as a mockery of Disney, rather than a ripoff.

Better late than never to ask this, but who owns the vintage Foxy shorts?
I'm asking this because, whoever owns the character would have a darn good reason to bring him back as a mockery of Disney, rather than a ripoff.
WB still has Foxy shorts in their custody. All three.

Foxy was actually not part of the AAP purchase of the pre-1948 WB catalog. Foxy’s shorts Plus the other pre-1943 black and white Looney Tunes were still owned by Warners when they licensed those to Nickelodeon in the Eighties and Nineties. Those plus the 50’s LT & MM shorts along with the infamous DePatie-Freleng/Seven Arts era shorts.

WB still has Foxy shorts in their custody. All three.

Foxy was actually not part of the AAP purchase of the pre-1948 WB catalog. Foxy’s shorts Plus the other pre-1943 black and white Looney Tunes were still owned by Warners when they licensed those to Nickelodeon in the Eighties and Nineties. Those plus the 50’s LT & MM shorts along with the infamous DePatie-Freleng/Seven Arts era shorts.
Well, that would make the return even more sound, really.

A series of anime dubs long forgotten IOTL have recently come to my attention.

During the mid 1980s IOTL, Paramount distributed VHS releases of dubs produced by a third party called KidPix in association with Jim Terry.

Time Fighters in the Land of Fantasy
Ninja the Wonder Boy
Robby the Rascal

Those were the only ones I could find to the best of my googling ability. There’s a chance that ITTL, if this was indeed Paramount’s first attempt at competing with Fox’s anime dubs, these may have been a worse disaster than Universal’s butchery of Dog of Flanders since they’re long forgotten as I mentioned earlier.

A series of anime dubs long forgotten IOTL have recently come to my attention.

During the mid 1980s IOTL, Paramount distributed VHS releases of dubs produced by a third party called KidPix in association with Jim Terry.

Time Fighters in the Land of Fantasy
Ninja the Wonder Boy
Robby the Rascal

Those were the only ones I could find to the best of my googling ability. There’s a chance that ITTL, if this was indeed Paramount’s first attempt at competing with Fox’s anime dubs, these may have been a worse disaster than Universal’s butchery of Dog of Flanders since they’re long forgotten as I mentioned earlier.
Oh boy, I wanna see someone find these and an entire arc about them.

What? Why not have a arc about something cool?

NBA Opening Week 2008
National telecast slate

Tuesday October 28 (Both on TNT)

Cleveland Cavaliers (Lebron) at Detroit Pistons (Ben Wallace) (Ring Night at the Palace of Auburn Hills)
Phoenix Suns (Nash & Gasol plus Goran Dragic as a rookie) at Portland Trail Blazers (Zach Randolph) (Blazers' first home game since Limited Run bought the Rose Garden naming rights)

Wednesday October 29 (Both on FX)
Denver Nuggets (Carmelo) at Houston Rockets (Yao Ming) (Urusei Yatsura night at Toyota Center)
Los Angeles Lakers (D-Wade) at San Diego Clippers (Kobe Bryant, Chris Kaman & Allen Iverson) (Kevin Harlan's first NBA telecast for FX)

Thursday October 30 (Both on TNT)
Minnesota Timberwolves (Shaq, KG, Ray Allen) at Chicago Bulls (Derrick Rose in his United Center debut)
Dallas Mavericks (Dirk) at Seattle Supersonics (Durant and Westbrook)

Friday October 31 (Both on FX)
New York Knicks (Patrick Ewing, Jr.) at Boston Celtics (Paul Pierce)
Utah Raptors (Kyle Korver and Devin Harris) at Sacramento Royals (Spencer Hawes)​

Ladies and gentlemen, the polls on the west coast have closed, and we now have our 45th President:
Brarack Obama (D-IL)
Who is obama vp and who where mcain and palian running mate

Also how did the congersial election go. Did the Reform Party Out pefrorm the republican party for the first. If so was because the blackmark of the nixion bundy and wineistne adminstion part of the reform party vicotry over the republcian. Were constviersal statment by shara palain also part of it.

Who is obama vp and who where mcain and palian running mate

Also how did the congersial election go. Did the Reform Party Out pefrorm the republican party for the first. If so was because the blackmark of the nixion bundy and wineistne adminstion part of the reform party vicotry over the republcian. Were constviersal statment by shara palain also part of it.

Obama VP: Joe Biden (D-DE)

Reform Candidates:
John McCain (Ref-AZ)
Mitt Romney (Ref-UT)

Republican candidates:
Sarah Palin (R-AK)
Jeb Bush (R-FL)

Obama VP: Joe Biden (D-DE)

Reform Candidates:
John McCain (Ref-AZ)
Mitt Romney (Ref-UT)

Republican candidates:
Sarah Palin (R-AK)
Jeb Bush (R-FL)
how did the congressional election go. Did the Reform Party out perform the Republican Party for the first. If so were the black marks of the Nixon, Bundy and Wineistne adminstions part of the reform party victory over the Republican. Were constviersal statment by shara palain also part of it.

how did the congressional election go. Did the Reform Party out perform the Republican Party for the first. If so were the black marks of the Nixon, Bundy and Wineistne adminstions part of the reform party victory over the Republican. Were constviersal statment by shara palain also part of it.
Yes, the Reformers did outperform the GOP this year.

This Just In (November 2008)
This Just In
Excerpt from the November 12, 2008 edition of The Nissan Puck Drop, SBC's Wednesday Night Hockey pregame show.

bill-pidto_2-385x385.jpg

Bill Pidto: Good evening, everybody. Bill Pidto here in New York along with Ray Ferraro and Chico Resch. We have a double header on tap for you, featuring the Sabres and Caps followed by the Silver Knights and Kings.

Bill Pidto (Continued): First, lets get you caught up on today's Hockey Headlines presented by Dunkin Donuts. This afternoon, after days of relentless public pressure, ABC has fired Elisabeth Hasselbeck from The View after she asked Mighty Ducks owner Tiffany Disney this question last week:

CLIP: The View (Courtesy ABC/Touchstone Television)

434de9920f7ef333b17a652fc15a723c.jpg

Elisabeth Hasselbeck (The View co-host)
"Tiff, you have a 2 year old son right? How do you expect to potty train him when you can't even control your own bladder?"

2856.jpg

Tiffany Disney (Chairwoman of the board; Mighty Ducks of San Diego)
"That's something I would rather address privately with a child psychologist."

Back to the SBC studio.

Pidto

"That was a rather tense interview, Ray."

OIP.Doazrcs23togFDJMbr2-KAAAAA

Ray Ferraro
"No question about it. From what I saw in that clip, Tiffany has the patience of a saint dealing with a stupid [bleep] like that. Firing Hasselbeck was the only reasonable choice ABC could make in that situation, but I wish they'd done it sooner."

artworks-ieLxXmcnvGQQlNDb-y7J51Q-t500x500.jpg

Chico Resch (Rockies goalie during the Namco era)
"I have to wonder about Tiffany's well-being and whether or not if her team winning the Cup last season has made her an easier target for the ignorance of some of these daytime talk show vultures. I think we can all agree that Elisabeth Hasselbeck was completely out of line with her questions."​

On the one hand, I respect Tiffany dealing with this in a calm manner and discussing that topic with someone who knows what they're talking about.

On the other hand, I probably would have asked that question myself, so it's not like he's an evil person for asking that.

On the one hand, I respect Tiffany dealing with this in a calm manner and discussing that topic with someone who knows what they're talking about.

On the other hand, I probably would have asked that question myself, so it's not like he's an evil person for asking that.
To be fair it was really Elisabeth Hasselbeck who asked Tiffany during a segment on The View.