Saturday Morning AU Blocks

Also, I was thinking that Toon Disney could have some original shows in TTL. They would be comedic in tone while Jetix houses the more action oriented Disney cartoons.
Not a bad idea.
One show I think would make for a good choice for Toon Disney’s MGM block is Igor, which would be a show instead of a film in TTL.
Why not both? Igor can spin off into a series after making the movie.

Thanks!

Here are some of the films that would be produced by MGM Animation:
  • Gnomeo and Juliet (2011), and it’s sequel Sherlock Gnomes (2018).
  • The Mexican film A Wizard’s Tale (2018), which was based on the DEF show Here Comes the Grump. ITTL the film shares the same title with the show it’s based on.
  • The Addams Family (2019), and it’s sequel that came out 2021.
Unrelated to the above, but I think Pixar Bites can also be used to show television specials based on their films like Toy Story of Terror.

You're welcome.
  • The Mexican film A Wizard’s Tale (2018), which was based on the DEF show Here Comes the Grump. ITTL the film shares the same title with the show it’s based on.
Absolutely. Sherlock Gnomes and The Addams Family duology were distributed by MGM in our timeline, and the other two suggestions could very well have happened had the studio been more competitive in the industry.

While we're at it, why not let them distribute Laika's Missing Link, the entire franchise to Arthur and the Invisibles, and even sign an animation partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises?
Unrelated to the above, but I think Pixar Bites can also be used to show television specials based on their films like Toy Story of Terror.
That actually sounds great.

Absolutely. Sherlock Gnomes and The Addams Family duology were distributed by MGM in our timeline, and the other two suggestions could very well have happened had the studio been more competitive in the industry.
Definitely. Strange Magic can also be distributed by MGM, though I imagine it would still flop like it did in OTL.

Any cancelled projects from MGM in the 2010s that could happen here?
While we're at it, why not let them distribute Laika's Missing Link, the entire franchise to Arthur and the Invisibles, and even sign an animation partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises?
I’ll have Laika stay with Focus Features and Dr. Seuss Enterprises continue their animation partnership with Blue Sky Studios, but I do like the idea of the whole Arthur and the Invisibles franchise being distributed by MGM. Perhaps a show set in the world of Arthur could air on Toon Disney’s MGM block, as well as the spin-off horror film Malédiction that released last year being American instead of French.
Thanks. I was thinking they would be presented as a “Pixar Bites Special Presentation”.

Definitely. Strange Magic can also be distributed by MGM, though I imagine it would still flop like it did in OTL.
That is actually a great idea.
Maybe we can salvage Stargate: The Young Explorers and make a Noah's Ark movie that is only loosely based on the Bill Cosby act, but Betty Boop is not owned by Disney, so her movie would remain cancelled.
I’ll have Laika stay with Focus Features and Dr. Seuss Enterprises continue their animation partnership with Blue Sky Studios, but I do like the idea of the whole Arthur and the Invisibles franchise being distributed by MGM. Perhaps a show set in the world of Arthur could air on Toon Disney’s MGM block, as well as the spin-off horror film Malédiction that released last year being American instead of French.
I only asked about Missing Link because MGM distributed that movie IOTL, but yeah, I'd stick to Focus Features as well. Also, having the Dr. Seuss movies remain under Blue Sky would give them a franchise that isn't Ice Age, at the cost of giving Illumination Entertainment one less avenue of animation.

Then again, I only realized Arthur and the Invisibles was a whole franchise recently, so it's just as likely only the first movie gets dubbed in America. You never know.
Thanks. I was thinking they would be presented as a “Pixar Bites Special Presentation”.
That's perfect.

Maybe we can salvage Stargate: The Young Explorers and make a Noah's Ark movie that is only loosely based on the Bill Cosby act, but Betty Boop is not owned by Disney, so her movie would remain cancelled.
I’ll have Stargate: The Young Explorers happen as a TV movie that serves as the premiere for Stargate Infinity. Norah’s Ark on the other hand can still be canned.

One film that didn’t got made at Disney but could have a second chance at MGM is Mort. Maybe it spawns more adaptations of Terry Pratchett’s works from MGM Animation, with The Amazing Maurice being one of them.
I only asked about Missing Link because MGM distributed that movie IOTL, but yeah, I'd stick to Focus Features as well. Also, having the Dr. Seuss movies remain under Blue Sky would give them a franchise that isn't Ice Age, at the cost of giving Illumination Entertainment one less avenue of animation.
Illumination could make more live-action/animation hybrid films like Hop. Maybe Clifford the Big Red Dog and Woody Woodpecker films they were working on can be released in theaters.
Then again, I only realized Arthur and the Invisibles was a whole franchise recently, so it's just as likely only the first movie gets dubbed in America. You never know.
I read that the first movie got negative reviews when it was released in America, so I feel like the rest of the franchise would stay in France.

However, another fantasy series that can be more successful here is the Narnia franchise. Maybe MGM takes over distribution of the films after the buyout by Disney in 2006, with all of the Narnia books getting adapted.
That's perfect.
Thank you! Something I’ve thinking about lately is that Pixar Bites could be renamed to Pixar Popcorn, sharing a name with the OTL Disney+ anthology series of shorts.

I’ll have Stargate: The Young Explorers happen as a TV movie that serves as the premiere for Stargate Infinity. Norah’s Ark on the other hand can still be canned.
That actually sounds good, given the track records of both MGM and Disney in their respective direct-to-video corners.
One film that didn’t got made at Disney but could have a second chance at MGM is Mort. Maybe it spawns more adaptations of Terry Pratchett’s works from MGM Animation, with The Amazing Maurice being one of them.
Now that's a good plan.
Illumination could make more live-action/animation hybrid films like Hop. Maybe Clifford the Big Red Dog and Woody Woodpecker films they were working on can be released in theaters.
I like the sound of that, but maybe Clifford and Woody's movies should remain animated.
I read that the first movie got negative reviews when it was released in America, so I feel like the rest of the franchise would stay in France.
That would explain it.
However, another fantasy series that can be more successful here is the Narnia franchise. Maybe MGM takes over distribution of the films after the buyout by Disney in 2006, with all of the Narnia books getting adapted.
I would really love if that happened.
Thank you! Something I’ve thinking about lately is that Pixar Bites could be renamed to Pixar Popcorn, sharing a name with the OTL Disney+ anthology series of shorts.
Sure! Why not?

And thus, the schedules have continued.

Fall 2009:
Mickey Mania:
3:00: The Emperor's New School
3:30: The Replacements
4:00: Brother Bear: The Series
4:30: Dumbo's High-Flying Adventures

Mickey Mornings:
8:00: Club Penguin: The Series
8:30: Carmen Got Expelled!
9:00: Pepe the Bull
9:30: Phineas and Ferb
10:00: The Woody's Roundup Show
10:30: Pixar Bites
11:00: Kingdom Hearts: The Series
11:30: Tales of the Incredibles

-Mickey Mania loses its extra hour, on account of an excess of reruns.
-Carmen Got Expelled! and Pepe the Bull are two pilots that got dropped IOTL, but due to the Mickey Mania block skewing towards boys in recent years, the latter got picked up right as El Tigre wrapped production.
-Club Penguin: The Series is based on one of Disney's MMORPG games. As a reference to their other game in the genre based on an original IP, Toontown Online, Flippy makes a cameo in each episode. How he can survive in the Arctic weather is because Toon logic. That is all the explanation we get for his appearances in Club Penguin: The Series.
-Kingdom Hearts: The Series takes on a more episodic approach, unlike what the games have become since 2005, where we have a "location of the week" scenario starring Sora, Donald, and Goofy, or on occasion, Roxas, Axel, and Xion.
-Tales of the Incredibles is an action cartoon based on The Incredibles. Its name was derived from 50s comics like Tales from the Crypt or Tales to Astonish, and also because calling it "The Incredibles" or "The Incredibles: The Series" would be redundant.

Fall 2010:
Mickey Mania:
3:00: Dumbo's High-Flying Adventures
3:30: Phineas and Ferb
4:00: The Woody's Roundup Show
4:30: Pixar Bites

Mickey Mornings:
9:00: Carmen Got Expelled!
9:30: Pepe the Bull
10:00: Fish Hooks
10:30: Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil

Club Penguin: The Series did well enough to earn an hour-long timeslot, consisting of two 22-minute episodes, for its ratings last season.
Pink Panther and Pals would be on the MGM block on Toon Disney, which is why it's not on this block.

Fall 2011:
Mickey Mania:
3:00: Phineas and Ferb
3:30: The Woody's Roundup Show
4:00: Pixar Bites
4:30: Club Penguin: The Series

Mickey Mornings:

Mickey Mornings loses an hour, in exchange for Club Penguin: The Series getting a weekday strip.
Expect a new Winnie the Pooh cartoon, based on the 2011 movie, next year.

Thanks. Toon Disney is another option for the final seasons of Mickey Mornings shows to air on.
Right, but I'd rather not.
Dan Vs. would remain with The Hub.
Ok..........

If you want it to die during a action block on Saturday afternoons..................
Would Disney still get to be the label this studio is named after? Or at least the first one in the advertisements?
It'd probably still be the first logo in the commercials.
Aside from that concern, I don't see a real problem with this. Touchstone moving to MGM, UA being their arthouse brand, and Orion tackling the 2010s shows that were made by ABC Signature in our timeline. It works.
Cool.
Yeah, but we could use the LucasArts properties and make a general Lucasfilm animated block instead.
Yeah, but aside from Star Wars and Indiana Jones,
Well, getting MGM in 2006 would mean Disney can air Animal Atlas. Maybe that show has the Disneynature label added in more recent broadcasts?

If we're going to do that, I'm afraid Mickey Mania would shut down as a result, leaving only a Saturday morning lineup on Disney Channel. I hope you don't mind that.
On second thought, the final seasons of Mickey Morning shows can continue to air on Mickey Mania.
Thank you.
Right.
You’re welcome.

Also, I was thinking that Toon Disney could have some original shows in TTL. They would be comedic in tone while Jetix houses the more action oriented Disney cartoons.
Good idea, but only once TD is in 70+million households.
One show I think would make for a good choice for Toon Disney’s MGM block is Igor, which would be a show instead of a film in TTL.
Not a bad idea.

Why not both? Igor can spin off into a series after making the movie.
Right, that'd be a good idea!
Thanks. For Jetix, they can still have comedic shows but there must be an element of action. It can also be where the Marvel and Star Wars cartoons air.
Right, as Pucca and Yin Yang Yo! has proved.
I like that idea! Perhaps MGM Animation could produce animated films that don’t fit anywhere else under the Disney umbrella.
Sounds good to me.

Perfect!
Thanks!

You're welcome.

That is a great idea!!!!!!!
That is actually a great idea.

That's perfect.

That actually sounds good, given the track records of both MGM and Disney in their respective direct-to-video corners.

Now that's a good plan.

I like the sound of that, but maybe Clifford and Woody's movies should remain animated.

That would explain it.

I would really love if that happened.

Sure! Why not?
One more idea before I go to bed. The Disney version of Pixar Popcorn can be called Disney Bites.
Then expect Pixar Popcorn to be the new name in 2013.
Cool ideas guys, keep'em up!
And thus, the schedules have continued.

Fall 2009:
Mickey Mania:
3:00: The Emperor's New School
3:30: The Replacements
4:00: Brother Bear: The Series
4:30: Dumbo's High-Flying Adventures

Mickey Mornings:
8:30: Carmen Got Expelled!
9:00: Pepe the Bull
9:30: Phineas and Ferb
10:00: The Woody's Roundup Show
10:30: Pixar Bites

-Mickey Mania loses its extra hour, on account of an excess of reruns.
-Carmen Got Expelled! and Pepe the Bull are two pilots that got dropped IOTL, but due to the Mickey Mania block skewing towards boys in recent years, the latter got picked up right as El Tigre wrapped production.
-Club Penguin: The Series is based on one of Disney's MMORPG games. As a reference to their other game in the genre based on an original IP, Toontown Online, Flippy makes a cameo in each episode. How he can survive in the Arctic weather is because Toon logic. That is all the explanation we get for his appearances in Club Penguin: The Series.
-Kingdom Hearts: The Series takes on a more episodic approach, unlike what the games have become since 2005, where we have a "location of the week" scenario starring Sora, Donald, and Goofy, or on occasion, Roxas, Axel, and Xion.
-Tales of the Incredibles is an action cartoon based on The Incredibles. Its name was derived from 50s comics like Tales from the Crypt or Tales to Astonish, and also because calling it "The Incredibles" or "The Incredibles: The Series" would be redundant.
Nice lineup.

And I found the REAL reason Carmen Got Expelled! and Pepe the Bull both got rejected:

Pepe, because they wanted the show to focus more on his sister and Carmen because.................

And this is the REAL reason.......

"because they didn't believe that a "minority-led" cartoon would work, and wanted Carmen to be a white girl that followed the rules"..............

That's just ridiculous.........

But the Club Penguin show is a good idea.
Fall 2010:
Mickey Mania:
3:00: Dumbo's High-Flying Adventures
3:30: Phineas and Ferb
4:00: The Woody's Roundup Show
4:30: Pixar Bites

Mickey Mornings:

Club Penguin: The Series did well enough to earn an hour-long timeslot, consisting of two 22-minute episodes, for its ratings last season.
Pink Panther and Pals would be on the MGM block on Toon Disney, which is why it's not on this block.
Cool.
Fall 2011:
Mickey Mania:
3:00: Phineas and Ferb
3:30: The Woody's Roundup Show
4:00: Pixar Bites
4:30: Club Penguin: The Series

Mickey Mornings:

Mickey Mornings loses an hour, in exchange for Club Penguin: The Series getting a weekday strip.
Expect a new Winnie the Pooh cartoon, based on the 2011 movie, next year.
Ooh.............

Where would Mickey Mania be airing by this point?

Ok..........

If you want it to die during a action block on Saturday afternoons..................
I'd have it so that they make a Friday night block and put Dan Vs. there instead.
It'd probably still be the first logo in the commercials.
Great!
Yeah, but aside from Star Wars and Indiana Jones,
You're probably right.
And I found the REAL reason Carmen Got Expelled! and Pepe the Bull both got rejected:

Pepe, because they wanted the show to focus more on his sister and Carmen because.................
I've heard about them wanting to focus more on Pepe's sister.
And this is the REAL reason.......

"because they didn't believe that a "minority-led" cartoon would work, and wanted Carmen to be a white girl that followed the rules"..............
Okay, having Carmen follow the rules would make sense, ironically enough, given the premise of the the show and the pilot. She just does them in her own way.

But changing her into a Caucasian girl? For some reason, that's too far.
That's just ridiculous.........

But the Club Penguin show is a good idea.
Thank you. It was a very tough choice between Club Penguin or Toontown Online, so I decided to insert Flippy into the Club Penguin series and put both games in animation.
Where would Mickey Mania be airing by this point?
In 2006, it moved to Disney Channel, while Kids WB introduced a Sunday morning block as a dumping ground for lesser shows they may pick up. This is why Mickey Mania ran for three hours long in the afternoon until 2009.

I'd have it so that they make a Friday night block and put Dan Vs. there instead.

Great!

You're probably right.
Ok.
I've heard about them wanting to focus more on Pepe's sister.

Okay, having Carmen follow the rules would make sense, ironically enough, given the premise of the the show and the pilot. She just does them in her own way.

But changing her into a Caucasian girl? For some reason, that's too far.
Right, like, wasn't That's So Raven one of their biggest hits at some point, which starred a BLACK GIRL?
Thank you. It was a very tough choice between Club Penguin or Toontown Online, so I decided to insert Flippy into the Club Penguin series and put both games in animation.
Why not give Toontown it's own separate series eventually?
In 2006, it moved to Disney Channel, while Kids WB introduced a Sunday morning block as a dumping ground for lesser shows they may pick up. This is why Mickey Mania ran for three hours long in the afternoon until 2009.
Cool.

So why does it lose a hour?

Right, like, wasn't That's So Raven one of their biggest hits at some point, which starred a BLACK GIRL?
If anything, that makes it even dumber on Disney's part.
Why not give Toontown it's own separate series eventually?
Good idea.
So why does it lose a hour?
Because there weren't that many options for new animation on Disney and Pixar's side in 2011. However, I will give them back the hour in 2012.

@TheFaultsofAlts How would a Power Rangers Zeo/ Big Bad Beetleborgs Crossover. For Power Rangers Zeo it take place after the episode "Scent of a Weasel" For Big Bad Beetleborgs it takes place before "The Brain in the Attic" fit into a Fox Kids schedule?