Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They invaded Canada through Louisiana, and thanks to an unhappy Catholic population (no Quebec act, plus failed attempt to join America leaves them bitter and rowdy), they managed to establish an enduring colony.
How happy are the (generally more conservative) Quebecois about the metropole French ITTL, though?

An more sane version of What Madness Is This?
WMiT was a huge inspiration, primarily in regards to America in the first decade. At the same time, this is no utopian world: Dixieland, already under the firebrand Robert Rhett, will soon come under the rule of George Fitzhugh. Brazil has a plan to manifest its destiny, all of South America, and install its delusional emperor as the Brazilian Napoleon. Paraguay was so crazy, it was abolished as a nation. And India is led by a corporatocratic military contract known as the Draconian Empire, which abolished racism to do racism better and more efficiently.

How happy are the (generally more conservative) Quebecois about the metropole French ITTL, though?
Napoleon mostly left them alone, allowed to practice their religion and govern themselves. If Napoleon II messes it up, and tries to establish control, we may see the Canadians try their own revolution.

Map of the world in 1849, in a world where the American Revolution was far more radical, while Napoleon triumphed over Europe. I'll elaborate on any lore, as there is a lot.
View attachment 817641
EIC run India, now more or less independent of the metropole?

EDIT: I see this was already answered, more or less, here:

WMiT was a huge inspiration, primarily in regards to America in the first decade. At the same time, this is no utopian world: Dixieland, already under the firebrand Robert Rhett, will soon come under the rule of George Fitzhugh. Brazil has a plan to manifest its destiny, all of South America, and install its delusional emperor as the Brazilian Napoleon. Paraguay was so crazy, it was abolished as a nation. And India is led by a corporatocratic military contract known as the Draconian Empire, which abolished racism to do racism better and more efficiently.

Last edited:
EIC run India, now more or less independent of the metropole?

EDIT: I see this was already answered, more or less, here:
Yes. The East India Company secured control of their portion of India. They were eventually overthrown by an extremely popular and highly publicized paramilitary that they hired, the Red Dragons, who reformed the oppressive, corporatist, authoritarian India into an oppressive, corporatist, authoritarian India. They did some wackier things, though, such as abolishing the white-black spectrum of racism, replacing it with a new racism brand that was heavily inspired by India's caste system. Technically, the Trading Company of India, as it was known, never fell. It's simply under the imperial family of the Draconians. Also, Burger King will be invented in Draconian India by Bourbon expatriates

How nice for them to not make a claim on Switzerland, despite wanting the Channel Islands. I suppose they just slipped those onto the map and not mentioned it in the text as they didn’t want to point out that, yah, they would have to fight the English. Strange they talk about helping to suppress Ethiopians when they don’t get anything out of it. Especially as it means the Italians would start diverting freight from Addis Abada into Eritrea. Guess they didn’t want to look weak.

What is the stance of the Republic of Oklahoma? They do alright with any indigenous nations (not that they border any) or have the former Indian Reservations been swamped by whites leaving Kansas?
Because the Sequoyah seperated and tried to go for independence and also protected african american communities in Tulsa and neighboring regions the Oklahoma KKK and government massacered them. The ones that survived left to join the United Nations.

Inspired by @Undeadmuffin 's newfoundland pokemon map... decided to do my own province of Ontario

GBmyNKl.png

4k version
no cities
terrain only

I did it based on the maps of Sapphire and Leaf Green. The lakes are surfable, Sarnia is the starting town, Hamilton has the steel-type ruined industrial area, Toronto has a giant shopping mall, Ottawa has a Battle Tower, and I think the Elite 4 would be in the far north (that's why I made it accessible).

I also forgot to model Manitoulin island :coldsweat:

Last edited:
Quick follow-up: The states that make up the Tribunal Union of American Republics. The American Revolution was a true revolution, far more radical and bloody. In 1800, after years of instability, America met its end. Half of a century later, it was reunited, more powerful than ever before.
2Map Ideas.png

Inspired by @Undeadmuffin 's newfoundland pokemon map... decided to do my own province of Ontario

GBmyNKl.png

4k version
no cities
terrain only

I did it based on my memory of Sapphire and Leaf Green. The lakes are surfable, Sarnia is the starting town, Hamilton has the steel-type ruined industrial area, Toronto has a giant shopping mall, Ottawa has a Battle Tower, and I think the Elite 4 would be in the far north (that's why I made it accessible).

I could see that being actual concept art for a Pokémon game!

GBmyNKl.png

4k version
no cities
terrain only

I did it based on my memory of Sapphire and Leaf Green. The lakes are surfable, Sarnia is the starting town, Hamilton has the steel-type ruined industrial area, Toronto has a giant shopping mall, Ottawa has a Battle Tower, and I think the Elite 4 would be in the far north (that's why I made it accessible).

Nice map!

GBmyNKl.png

4k version
no cities
terrain only

No Wawa!?

GBmyNKl.png

4k version
no cities
terrain only

I did it based on the maps of Sapphire and Leaf Green. The lakes are surfable, Sarnia is the starting town, Hamilton has the steel-type ruined industrial area, Toronto has a giant shopping mall, Ottawa has a Battle Tower, and I think the Elite 4 would be in the far north (that's why I made it accessible).

I’m picturing instead of the rampant knife crime, random challenges to pokemon battles on the TTC.

Imagine a Toronto Manz trainer. “Ayo watchu say about me you bucktee ass waste yute? Nize it or imma drop a venosaur on your ass fam.”

I’m picturing instead of the rampant knife crime, random challenges to pokemon battles on the TTC.

Imagine a Toronto Manz trainer. “Ayo watchu say about me you bucktee ass waste yute? Nize it or imma drop a venosaur on your ass fam.”
I'm not sure if I'd prefer the Toronto gym leader to be a Rob Ford-like figure or a T-dot Goon.

Maybe Toronto road wannabees would be better for the team rocket stand-in

I'm not sure if I'd prefer the Toronto gym leader to be a Rob Ford-like figure or a T-dot Goon.

Maybe Toronto road wannabees would be better for the team rocket stand-in
Oh I’d be down for Rob as long as we can work innour fine discount roadmen somewhere. Any ideas on new pokemon? A trillium themed plant type comes to mind but as for fauna, uniquely Ontarian stuff isn’t really a thing. IG the Eastern Wolf but it’s not all that distinguishable from other wolf species.

Oh I’d be down for Rob as long as we can work innour fine discount roadmen somewhere. Any ideas on new pokemon? A trillium themed plant type comes to mind but as for fauna, uniquely Ontarian stuff isn’t really a thing. IG the Eastern Wolf but it’s not all that distinguishable from other wolf species.
Coyotes, at least for the suburbs of Hamilton and southern Ontario x'D

If you can figure out a way to make Tim's into a pokemon, that'd work too.

Coyotes, at least for the suburbs of Hamilton and southern Ontario x'D

If you can figure out a way to make Tim's into a pokemon, that'd work too.
Oh Coyotes are iconic for sure just far from specific to Ontario. Toronto is just as full of them, even deep into the city because all those parks along rivers and creeks basically offer a contiguous corrodor of green space for animals to come down from more rural aread. The coyotes have a steady supply of squirrels & stuff so they can get pretty deep in without having to subsusist on trash. Nature is beautiful until a coyote pulls up to your front yard lol.

Maybe one of those tims cups or a timbit would fit. An OnRoute would be a good place for a battle perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.