Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

At that point Charles had just delayed indefinitely his match to Henry’s sister prompting the English King to break the engagement for marrying his sister to Louis XII. We are talking about the end of 1514 so I have doubt on Charles. Still Maximilian offering to Henry the choice between Eleanor and Bona is far from being unlikely (and if Louis lived a little longer, dying after some months still childless and butterflies prevented Mary’s remarriage to Brandon she could easily end in Vienna)
A different Mary Tudor, Queen and Empress?

There's a number of noble titles with a territorial basis that nevertheless came to be reserved for heirs to larger monarchies (e.g. Prince of Wales, Prince of Asturias, Dauphin). Was "Prince of Wales" the first one to be used that way, or was there earlier precedent?

If Katherine of Aragon had died at some point during the Great Matter (like, in 1528 or 1529) and Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn’s marriage is recognized as valid by the Catholic Church, who are the most likely candidates for marriage to Princess Mary say, around 1532-1533?

@FalconHonour @isabella @ordinarylittleme @Tudorfan @Kellan Sullivan
Oh ho ho. Well, you have piqued my interest. Realistically, Mary's going to Scotland because there's no way in all of hell that Anne is letting Katherine's daughter get France when she wants that for her kids.

As for killing off Katherine - yeah, the sweat can take her easily enough. Remember, in 1528 Katherine is 43. By Tudor standards she is ancient so no-one would be surprised or shocked if it did finish her off. Hell, Henry could even use her death to bolster his marriage to Anne, especially if the divorce proceedings have begun: a sort of "See, now she has died of the Sweat like her true husband, my brother Arthur."

Where did you get that one from? She had Elizabeth in 1533, a miscarriage in 1534 and another one in 1536, right?
Not quite; Anne had four pregnancies in total.
Liz, 1533
A miscarriage/False Pregnancy in 1534
(Eustace Chapuys wrote to Charles V on 28 January reporting that Anne was pregnant. A letter from George Taylor to Lady Lisle dated the 27 April 1534 says that "The queen hath a goodly belly, praying our Lord to send us a prince". In July, Anne's brother, Lord Rochford, was sent on a diplomatic mission to France to ask for the postponement of a meeting between Henry VIII and Francis I because of Anne's condition: "being so far gone with child she could not cross the sea with the king". Chapuys backs this up in a letter dated 27 July, where he refers to Anne's pregnancy. We do not know what happened with this pregnancy as there is no evidence of the outcome. Dewhurst writes of how the pregnancy could have resulted in a miscarriage or stillbirth, but there is no evidence to support this, he therefore wonders if it was a case of pseudocyesis, a false pregnancy, caused by the stress that Anne was under – the pressure to provide a son. Chapuys wrote on 27 September 1534 "Since the king began to doubt whether his lady was enceinte or not, he has renewed and increased the love he formerly had for a beautiful damsel of the court". Muriel St Clair Byrne, editor of the Lisle Letters, believes that this was a false pregnancy too.)
Miscarriage in 1535 (The only evidence for a miscarriage in 1535 is a sentence from a letter from Sir William Kingston to Lord Lisle on 24 June 1535 when Kingston says "Her Grace has as fair a belly as I have ever seen".)
Miscarriage in 1536 (Chapuys reported to Charles V on 10 February 1536 that Anne Boleyn had miscarried on the day of Catherine of Aragon's funeral: "On the day of the interment [of Catherine of Aragon] the concubine [Anne] had an abortion which seemed to be a male child which she had not borne 3 1/2 months")

What if central asian people (turks and mongols with the exception of anatolian turks and azeris) did stayed tengri?

Last edited:
Oh ho ho. Well, you have piqued my interest. Realistically, Mary's going to Scotland because there's no way in all of hell that Anne is letting Katherine's daughter get France when she wants that for her kids.

As for killing off Katherine - yeah, the sweat can take her easily enough. Remember, in 1528 Katherine is 43. By Tudor standards she is ancient so no-one would be surprised or shocked if it did finish her off. Hell, Henry could even use her death to bolster his marriage to Anne, especially if the divorce proceedings have begun: a sort of "See, now she has died of the Sweat like her true husband, my brother Arthur."
Anne‘s children would be way too young for marrying in France

Likely she will not be the one deciding Mary's marriage (and Mary is the only Tudor princess of suitable age for that generation's French prince....)