I have nominated this timeline for the Best Medieval timeline in the Turtledoves, needs a second please.

I appreciate this but it's technically not medieval and has been nominated in the early modern category, thank you so much though!

At least joanna has found some happiness in her life, and some long-term goal to keep her sane.
Yes Joanna has, I think she's turned out decently enough too, she thinks of the bigger picture like her late father, but on the other hand like her mother she's done all she could to be a good wife to her older husband.

Chapter 161, December 1527
Ribeira Palace, Kingdom of Portugal, December 1527

Christmas Eve was always a special time for Catalina, and even more so in recent years, this one particularly as the Infanta Maria was turning seven. The Dowager Queen of Portugal’s rooms were filled with the sounds of laughter and music, as Catalina and her inner circle celebrated.

Unfortunately, the past year was not the best for the Portuguese, as Joao and Catarina’s third child, Isabella had died less than a month into her life in May, so merriment was not always so common. Still, today was not about past tragedies, it was about her daughter’s special day.

The girl had just received a book of riddle poems from her friend Lina and was rather satisfied with it, and Maria de Salinas shot the Dowager Queen a knowing gaze, implying that she helped pick the gift.

Duarte, the young Duke of Guimarães held a small box in his hands before his sister, a grin on his face that he could scarcely hide.
“What is it, what is it?” Maria asked, her voice a mix of excitement and impatience.

“Don’t be silly Maria.” The boy chuckled,”You’ll find out when you open it.”

The Infanta giggled as her brother handed the gift over, clearly enjoying herself.

Tearing away at the ribbons, the little girl pulled off the top of the package and cracked a smile. It was a silver ring with an amethyst resting in the middle. No doubt Duarte had spent a substantial sum on this, and it warmed Catalina’s heart to see that her youngest stepson would be so generous.

“Oh, thank you so much Duarte, it’s beautiful!”

The boy smiled back at her,”You deserve all the jewels in the world Maria, and I’m happy to do my part.”

Maria seized her brother in a tight hug,”I will forever cherish it! When I am Queen of England I’ll wear it to show the people what a good brother I have!”

Duarte returned the hug, albeit gentler than his sister, and nodded,”Anything for my dearest sister. I know you make our father proud every day. Now, why don’t I play my vihuela for us all? Perhaps I am now a match for Senhor Silva…”

Catalina of Aragon looked on, happy tears in her eyes. The woman was so proud of Maria and Duarte, if only Manuel was there to see them…

Ribeira Palace, Kingdom of Portugal, December 1527

Christmas Eve was always a special time for Catalina, and even more so in recent years, this one particularly as the Infanta Maria was turning seven. The Dowager Queen of Portugal’s rooms were filled with the sounds of laughter and music, as Catalina and her inner circle celebrated.

Unfortunately, the past year was not the best for the Portuguese, as Joao and Catarina’s third child, Isabella had died less than a month into her life in May, so merriment was not always so common. Still, today was not about past tragedies, it was about her daughter’s special day.

The girl had just received a book of riddle poems from her friend Lina and was rather satisfied with it, and Maria de Salinas shot the Dowager Queen a knowing gaze, implying that she helped pick the gift.

Duarte, the young Duke of Guimarães held a small box in his hands before his sister, a grin on his face that he could scarcely hide.
“What is it, what is it?” Maria asked, her voice a mix of excitement and impatience.

“Don’t be silly Maria.” The boy chuckled,”You’ll find out when you open it.”

The Infanta giggled as her brother handed the gift over, clearly enjoying herself.

Tearing away at the ribbons, the little girl pulled off the top of the package and cracked a smile. It was a silver ring with an amethyst resting in the middle. No doubt Duarte had spent a substantial sum on this, and it warmed Catalina’s heart to see that her youngest stepson would be so generous.

“Oh, thank you so much Duarte, it’s beautiful!”

The boy smiled back at her,”You deserve all the jewels in the world Maria, and I’m happy to do my part.”

Maria seized her brother in a tight hug,”I will forever cherish it! When I am Queen of England I’ll wear it to show the people what a good brother I have!”

Duarte returned the hug, albeit gentler than his sister, and nodded,”Anything for my dearest sister. I know you make our father proud every day. Now, why don’t I play my vihuela for us all? Perhaps I am now a match for Senhor Silva…”

Catalina of Aragon looked on, happy tears in her eyes. The woman was so proud of Maria and Duarte, if only Manuel was there to see them…
Nice chapter but Duarte was NOT yet Duke of Guimarães as that Dukedom right now belong to the Braganza and in OTL he held that title jure uxoris as his wife Isabella of Braganza received it as her dowry when they married in 1537.

Nice chapter but Duarte was NOT yet Duke of Guimarães as that Dukedom right now belong to the Braganza and in OTL he held that title jure uxoris as his wife Isabella of Braganza received it as her dowry when they married in 1537.
Oh, title stuff. Well, he can always be engaged to her earlier and also received the title earlier. Glad you liked the rest of the chapter!

It’s so very good to see such a sweet relationship between Duarte and Catalina.
Thank you, I thought it would make sense given that she arrived in Portugal just as he was old enough to be able to comprehend having a mother. So they both love each other as if they are mother and son by blood, it actually makes me rather sad to think that one day Catalina and Maria will have to leave for England further down the line...

Chapter 162, June 1528
Palace of Westminster, Kingdom of England, June 1528

The Queen of England was at the archery butts when the Cardinal approached her. It was a hobby she enjoyed, one that she apparently shared with her mother. Sniffing the summer air, she nocked the last arrow,”Cardinal Wolsey! I received your letter this morning. What is it that you wished to discuss on this fine day?”

“Forgive me for my lateness, Your Majesty, I too have found myself enjoying the sun. Anyways, there is indeed something I wish to discuss with you.”

“Let’s hear it then.”

“It’s a matter of religious reform that His Majesty wishes to embark on.”

“Reform?” Eleanor arched a brow, taking aim,”You know how I feel about religion, but surely His Majesty hasn’t embraced Lutheranism, or some other fool sect?”

Wolsey shook his head and explained,“Ah no, nothing like that Your Majesty. Simply shutting down some establishments which have… excesses. His Holiness has approved the closing of these worst houses. Most will be used to bolster His Majesty’s treasury, while the rest will be reopened with new leaders to ensure they serve the people better.”

Eleanor let the arrow fly, just barely hitting the bullseye. Passing the bow to Helga, she turned back to the Cardinal, the wind blowing some of her hair down from her cap, into her eyes.”I see nothing wrong with that. In fact, I want in. There seems to be a great deal of money to be gained.”

“Are you sure that is something you wish to be involved with, Your Majesty?”

“My ancestress, Eleanor of Castile was a great magnate in her own right. Why should I not be the same?”

“I do not disagree Your Majesty, but why?”

Eleanor of Austria slowed her pace,”You see I wish to have some measure of power of my own, power beyond just what my belly can bring Henry. I can help those who align with my interests and make my enemies irrelevant.”

Eleanor brought a hand down to her slightly swollen stomach, signaling to Wolsey that she was pregnant again. The woman had told her husband, but they had not made a formal announcement just yet.

She had just started to show, and it pleased Eleanor to no end. It was this stage of pregnancy that the woman enjoyed most. It made her glow, and she could still do most of what she wanted. True Eleanor still had her morning sickness, but at least the Queen didn’t have her back pains yet.

“Congratulations Your Majesty, and so soon after the birth of Princess Margaret. I’m sure His Majesty is pleased.”

“Oh, he is.” Eleanor nodded.

The Cardinal smiled at this,”Well when you would like to discuss the details of obtaining new properties, Your Majesty?”

“Soon. First, I shall visit my youngest, the wetnurses are relieved that she no longer needs their milk, and her governess, Lady Parr tells me that she’s growing well. I just hope that Margaret isn’t feeling too feisty this time.”

The man bowed,”It will be a pleasure to see you again, Your Majesty.”

Eleanor contained her excitement at the opportunity and simply nodded,”Likewise, Your Eminence.”

I hope some Monasteries and other such houses survive this time.
I think this won't be anywhere near as drastic as IOTL as England is still very much Catholic here, in the sense of adhering to Rome, and the Pope only gave approval for certain monasteries to be dissolved. And yeah, Eleanor is cashing in on this, which I think is smart, if a little smarmy (but hey, she's Philip the Handsome's daughter)