What if the Mongols Attacked Central Europe an Kings & Generals Alternate History

Here is part one of this story from they youtube Channel Kings & Generals, it is placed on their second Channel Wizards & Warriors.

It has a documentary feel (no shock given they make youtube Docos).

Why did i get the feeling this part was a little inconclusive? Yeah, the impacts of the Pope's call to crusade have been felt, with the French being the leaders of the crusade, there is a split in the HRE between Frederick and Wenceslaus, the Mongols have exacted revenge on the Ruthenians, and most of Bohemia has fallen, but there was just something that felt off. It might be because the Mongols don't really do much until the 12-minute mark, and half of the time before that it is mostly focused on Medieval European politics that I'm not really all that interested in. Granted, the eventual siege of Prague was fun to watch, and the guy from Kings and Generals is still a great narrator. Add that with the scenario of the Mongols attacking Europe is enough to keep me enticed, and it seems likely the next episode will be more eventful, with Wenceslaus becoming emperor while the Mongols attack the HRE, but we'll see. Also, part of me thinks that we're gonna have Frederick ally with the Mongols once Wenceslaus does become emperor and the Mongols invade but you never know.

Why did i get the feeling this part was a little inconclusive? Yeah, the impacts of the Pope's call to crusade have been felt, with the French being the leaders of the crusade, there is a split in the HRE between Frederick and Wenceslaus, the Mongols have exacted revenge on the Ruthenians, and most of Bohemia has fallen, but there was just something that felt off. It might be because the Mongols don't really do much until the 12-minute mark, and half of the time before that it is mostly focused on Medieval European politics that I'm not really all that interested in. Granted, the eventual siege of Prague was fun to watch, and the guy from Kings and Generals is still a great narrator. Add that with the scenario of the Mongols attacking Europe is enough to keep me enticed, and it seems likely the next episode will be more eventful, with Wenceslaus becoming emperor while the Mongols attack the HRE, but we'll see. Also, part of me thinks that we're gonna have Frederick ally with the Mongols once Wenceslaus does become emperor and the Mongols invade but you never know.

Could do. I think it will be come a show down between Subutai (SP) and Wenceslaus. I don't know about Fred, siding with them would be hard to swallow, for him and his supporters.

Last edited:
Well if Frederick was called the Anti-Christ before...

He has competition. Batu crucified the Pope and the cardinals. I wonder if Fred will be killed by his own people in an uprising. Since I think this will have a ralying affect on Europe and even the people, Batu's army might not make it out of Italy.

If there are any cardinals who survive this then they will be the next pope. Otherwise I think there will be a meeting of French, German and other Chruch leaders to elect a new pope, maybe even in Avignon.

He has competition. Batu crucified the Pope and the cardinals. I wonder if Fred will be killed by his own people in an uprising. Since I think this will have a ralying affect on Europe and even the people, Batu's army might not make it out of Italy.

If there are any cardinals who survive this then they will be the next pope. Otherwise I think there will be a meeting of French, German and other Chruch leaders to elect a new pope, maybe even in Avignon.
Hopefully, the Mongols won’t make it their way towards Iberia or beyond Rhine.

Everyone rooting for the europeans it seems

Well Im hoping the mongols beat the coalition, its a scenario about them after all and I do wanna see them reaching the Atlantic

Do what Alexander never could

See the "end of the world" from sea to sea

Everyone rooting for the europeans it seems

Well Im hoping the mongols beat the coalition, its a scenario about them after all and I do wanna see them reaching the Atlantic

Do what Alexander never could

See the "end of the world" from sea to sea

Yeah I also want to see Europe crumble. I think that's way more interesting as a scenario. What states arise up etc. How does this alter European culture and the knock on effects from there. How does this affect the Mongol Empire etc. Europe being decimated and subjugated, with Christianity destroyed at its roots is just such a fascinating story.

Last edited:
Yeah I also want to see Europe crumble. I think that's way more interesting as a scenario. What states arise up etc. How does this alter European culture and the knock on effects from there. How does this affect the Mongol Empire etc. Europe being decimated and subjugated, with Christianity destroyed at its roots is just such a fascinating story.
Especially with how the "Tatar Yoke", while more complicated than what traditional perspectives on Russian history say about it, heavily affected Russian political and cultural development and all that, with the traditional centers of Kiev/Kyiv and Novgorod, centers of East Slavic culture in the days of the Kievan/Kyivan Rus, replaced by Moscow as the center of Russian civilization.

Especially with how the "Tatar Yoke", while more complicated than what traditional perspectives on Russian history say about it, heavily affected Russian political and cultural development and all that, with the traditional centers of Kiev/Kyiv and Novgorod, centers of East Slavic culture in the days of the Kievan/Kyivan Rus, replaced by Moscow as the center of Russian civilization.
And it would probably affect Central Europe too. It would lead to significant early attempts to engage in colonization in an attempt to escape those who are trying to flee from the waves of Mongol horde rampages that are too impossible to stop beyond the west of the Rhine.

And it would probably affect Central Europe too. It would lead to significant early attempts to engage in colonization in an attempt to escape those who are trying to flee from the waves of Mongol horde rampages that are too impossible to stop beyond the west of the Rhine.

Not to mention the effects on Europe itself, it's culture being mixed with that of the Far East is just super interesting.