Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

I have recently seen Greenland , I wonder where there would be another survivors after the impact of the comet, also, is it not a nie months period a little short for the climate to become normal again?

I have recently seen Greenland , I wonder where there would be another survivors after the impact of the comet, also, is it not a nie months period a little short for the climate to become normal again?
After those impacts nothing on that Earth is normal again.

CQ35IDQ.png

Ru99Flg.png

Last edited:
Normal enough probably. I recently saw a video that the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was actually able to hit the worst place at the worst time at the worst angle to cause the damage it did. If those variables were different then the climate effects wouldn’t have been as severe; that’s probably why this wouldn’t so bad as expected.

After those impacts nothing on that Earth is normal again.

CQ35IDQ.png

Ru99Flg.png
So, wait, in the ending they showed Paris still standing if heavily battered, yet right after in the final, world shot, they showed all of Europe this side of France completely wiped out into the ocean ...?

Last edited:
So, wait, in the ending they showed Paris still standing if heavily battered, yet right after in the final, world shot, they showed all of Europe this side of France completely wiped out into the ocean ...?
Yup. One sfx team or the other never got the memo.

Geon

Donor
I recently saw this on YouTube.

While I find a lot of these EAS Alert videos rather hokey. I did like this one.

I will grant there are some hokey elements here - such as SPOILER Illinois declaring war on Missouri. I still found parts of the video highly plausible.

While the video only goes briefly into the aftermath of the 'Schism" or Second American Civil War I have to ask how realistic this scenario was and what would be the real aftermath of such an event?

Hunters on Amazon Prime is basically The Inglourious Bastereds stretched out into two seasons, and not as good, but the series finale has lots of AH fodder:

Hitler caught alive in Argentina, dragged in front of the world, successfully tried and convicted for crimes against humanity, and sent to solitary confinement life imprisonment. Eva Braun, who had vied to succeed him, assassinated by her own hatchet man, who escapes to continue the shadow war between hidden Nazis and secret Nazi-hunters.

So, just how big of a wtf would this be for the world, especially the hapless Carter administration?

Okay I'm surprised by the amount of likes I got for Hunters, I had assumed I was the only one who bothered to watch it through the entire series. I would not have done so on my own accord, while the show has its moments and is intriguing I found it to be incredibly offensive in how it uses the Holocaust as the basis of its lore to do a schlock pulp action series. Like fighting Nazis is one thing, but I draw the line at using Holocaust imagery for this sort of comic book-level fiction, beyond the tastefully done opening scene of X-Men. Making up super-exaggerated atrocities just seems tasteless and insensitive to the actual victims. Also the ultra-violence of this show got excessively gory and sadistic in a way that even exceeded Tarantino's work. That said I wouldn't mind talking about the show because I did finish watching it ahahah

Okay I'm surprised by the amount of likes I got for Hunters, I had assumed I was the only one who bothered to watch it through the entire series. I would not have done so on my own accord, while the show has its moments and is intriguing I found it to be incredibly offensive in how it uses the Holocaust as the basis of its lore to do a schlock pulp action series. Like fighting Nazis is one thing, but I draw the line at using Holocaust imagery for this sort of comic book-level fiction, beyond the tastefully done opening scene of X-Men. Making up super-exaggerated atrocities just seems tasteless and insensitive to the actual victims. Also the ultra-violence of this show got excessively gory and sadistic in a way that even exceeded Tarantino's work. That said I wouldn't mind talking about the show because I did finish watching it ahahah
I can understand that. I have family who died in the Holocaust, and as a Jew it felt like a complete power fantasy in the same way Basterds did. It actually got me hyped up to see the Hunters do their thing, but at the same time I can totally understand how it could be hard for other people to stomach, and I wouldn't blame someone for being turned-off by it.

Fighting Nazis is one thing, even inflicting brutal revenge methods against them isn't all that, bad, but inventing ridiculously appalling concentration camp tortures for the purposes of setting up a victim's trauma-based motivation, or puffing up an antagonist's villainy just seemed like bad taste. Very much a punching down vs. punching up sort of dynamic.

Fighting Nazis is one thing, even inflicting brutal revenge methods against them isn't all that, bad, but inventing ridiculously appalling concentration camp tortures for the purposes of setting up a victim's trauma-based motivation, or puffing up an antagonist's villainy just seemed like bad taste. Very much a punching down vs. punching up sort of dynamic.
Eh, I can see your point. Some of those scenes were a bit much. Again, I wasn't offended as a Jewish person, but I'm not disagreeing that it was kind of in bad taste at points.

As long as they don't present it as necessarily how it was going down in all camps, I don't see too much of an issue.

Suprised no one has mentioned 'Braveheart' in which although based on real history, it is so fast and loose it can be its own alternative history.

Assuming the events of the film actually happen then it is a totally different future not just for the British Isles but world at large. It says at the end of the film that Scotland won it's freedom yet nothing is said about what happens to England so maybe after the battle of Bannockburn in which the English are utterly humiliated, King Edward II finds himself in a terrible position in which the populace hate him which leads to much unrest in the Kingdom.

To make matters worse, his French Queen reveals that the hier to the throne is Wallace's bastard son in which Longshank's line is ended and England erupts into a civil war in which a power hungry King Robert the Bruce decides to invade England and conquer it under Scottish rule with the help of the French who invade from the south who in exchange for their help will gain England's holdings in Northern France.

In the end, Robert the Bruce does annex England into Scotland which means an early unification of Britain (a Scottish Bismark if you will) and likely decides to conquer Ireland to complete the takeover (OTL Bruce did actually attempt to do this after Bannockburn but has more success with English troops under his control) which ultimately see's the Irish fucked over worse than OTL in which they along with England lose any national identity which is replaced by either a Scottish or British one.

In a rather cruel irony after fighting for their freedom from England, Scotland ends up becoming the villain they were fighting and an early unification of the British Isles in the 13th century has some major butterflies going forward, anyone else have any idea how this scenario would play out? Forgot to mention that ITTL, the Nobels who betrayed Wallace at the battle of Falkirk and who had inadvertently caused Longshanks to take control of Scotland in the first place are all executed by Robert the Bruce in a major Scottish purge that makes his family the sole royal family of Scotland or this new united Kingdom.

which ultimately see's the Irish fucked over worse than OTL
I highly doubt anyone could do a worse job than the OTL english regarding Ireland short of going full nazi and that sounds like projecting into Robert the Bruce what centuries of british domination did IOTL

As long as they don't present it as necessarily how it was going down in all camps, I don't see too much of an issue.
For some reason it hits different for me when it comes to the Holocaust, and I'm not Jewish. Maybe it's just how our culture portrays it as a unique evil, but also I'd extend it to any systemic atrocity from WWII onwards as being too historically recent. I would find attempts to create historical fanfiction about say Imperial Japan's brutality to also be bad taste. The IJA and Unit 731 engaged in some truly horrific things that I find trying to embellish that legacy sort of trivializes the depravity that occurred. I thought the origin of the vampire twins from Black Lagoon, set in Ceausescu's Romania, to be questionable. And yeah I get that this is subjective, but it just seems too soon to me.

Anyway, on the subject of Mel Gibson movies, did The Patriot go in any particular direction that has AH potential?