沒有國民黨就沒有中國, Without the Kuomintang there would be no China, A Republic of China Story

Given the fact that I have seen at least one meme related to South Park,I do wonder if we also have alternate versions of Trey Parker and Matt Stone in this timeline (they are the creators of the South Park cartoon)

Since Kim Jong-il has been dead in this TL since 1996,I'm guessing that the alternate versions of Trey Parker and Matt Stone would have instead mocked Muammar Gaddafi on Team America:World Police.

One question in relation to the presidency of Roh Tae-woo:What was the political party to which he had belonged while in office?
Was it the same Democratic Justice Party that existed in South Korea in OTL or was it a different political party?.

Since Kim Jong-il has been dead in this TL since 1996,I'm guessing that the alternate versions of Trey Parker and Matt Stone would have instead mocked Muammar Gaddafi on Team America:World Police.
Certainly someone from the Middle East, as authoritarian states in Asia like Laos won't get much attention from the West.
One question in relation to the presidency of Roh Tae-woo:What was the political party to which he had belonged while in office?
Was it the same Democratic Justice Party that existed in South Korea in OTL or was it a different political party?.
Democratic Party.

One question about Brazil:Since I presume João Goulart still did become President of Brazil in 1961,did he still go to China?
Yeah, it has been 15 years from the POD, anything can happen since then. For context, the reason he became president IOTL is because conservative (remember, the president and vice president are voted on different ballots) President Quadros that is at the time decided to "resign" thinking the Congress would not accept its resignation due to the fact the person (Goulart) that will replace him is a bit of a lefty for the congress taste (especially since he was currently IOTL visited Communist China while this shenanigan was happening.) Much to Quadros dismay and the conservative horror, the congress accept the resignation and the rest is history.

So to be honest anything can happen. Although the author do state that
I haven't talked much about Brazil. It has mostly been ruled by left-wing governments and had good relations with the USSR until the 1980s.
And in regards to the 1964 coup.
It doesn't happen.

IMO, I find the question a bit front side back, but to be honest, I am not knowledgeable at all regarding Brazil, the only knowledge I have is from reading timelines from @Vinization and @unnaturalmilk (and reading Wikipedia pages relating to it.) I think you should on top of asking @CELTICEMPIRE, also ask those I had just mentioned for further comment regarding Brazil in particular.

Edit:I realized that the author had replied, but for me personally, my point still stands.
Yeah, I think I just accidentally double post, too, oops.

Last edited:
New Markets
China in the late 1990s basked in its status as the undisputed number one power in Asia. Japan’s economic growth was slowing down. India was rising in power, but it still had a long way to go to truly be able to compete with China. The Russian and Belarussian Federal Republic (which everyone just called Russia) was trying to salvage its situation after the disastrous final decade of the Soviet Union. Chinese goods filled the shelves all around the world. Chinese celebrities found new popularity in foreign markets. Millions of foreigners would study Chinese, which seemed to be the language of the future. It was a time of great optimism. And China was ready to capitalize on its newfound power.

The collapse of Communism worldwide was nearly complete by the end of 1996. Both the Soviet Union and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea fell that year. Mongolia was beginning its transition into a capitalist economy. Chinese businessmen sensed opportunity. New markets were open to Chinese goods and Chinese businesses. Mongolian leadership released, even before the fall of the Soviet Union, that it would need to maintain friendly relations with China if it wanted to remain independent. And that meant being open to Chinese business. Though some Mongolians got rich doing business with China, others were upset, claiming that China was exploiting the country for economic gain. This led to the formation of a Mongolian Eco-Fascist movement that sought to expel the Chinese and sought to reclaim parts or all of six Chinese provinces.

North Korea was another market opened up to China. North Korea desperately needed help, as the country was facing food shortages. It had traditionally relied on support from the Soviet Union, but the Soviet successor state of the RBFR was unable (and had no desire) to prop up the North Korean economy. South Korea, China, and the United States would provide the bulk of aid to North Korea. Chinese and South Korean businesses almost immediately began to move into the country. At first was uncertain whether North Korea would become more economically integrated with China or with South Korea. However, the people who ran the new North Korean government were nationalists intent on reunification with the South. Northern and Southern leaders signed a series of free trade agreements in the late 90s. There was also nearly complete freedom of movement between the North and South, something that did not exist between North Korea and China. While political integration was not a done deal, economic integration between the two Koreas was already underway.

China desired to have good relations with the post-Soviet states. Lien Chan hoped to make Central Asia part of a Chinese sphere of influence. He received criticism from ultra-nationalists for not pushing some of China’s historical claims in the former Soviet Union. The origins of the modern Chinese far-right (as opposed to Chen Lifu’s CC Clique that died with him in 2001) can be tied back to dissatisfaction with Chinese foreign policy in the 90s. China and the RBFR hoped to get an oil pipeline built between the two countries, and negotiations began in 1998 to get one built. However, domestic problems in Russia would postpone the pipeline’s construction. That same year, the ROC and the RBFR mutually agreed to removed tens of thousands of landmines on their shared borders.

Alright, I think that you would probably only update only on certain occasions, during anniversaries of certain events that related to the Chinese, and I am kinda fine with it.
By the way, Happy Chinese New Year, and may the year of the Rabbit be a prosperous year for you.

P/s: If you do make (eventually, I can afford to wait) another update, especially an entertainment orientated one, perhaps you could mention the fates of the Shaw Brothers.

Somehow, this TL returned.
Legend returned! Is it a miracle?
Alright, I think that you would probably only update only on certain occasions, during anniversaries of certain events that related to the Chinese, and I am kinda fine with it.
By the way, Happy Chinese New Year, and may the year of the Rabbit be a prosperous year for you.
Thanks everyone! I plan on updating at a much slower pace, but I will continue the story.
P/s: If you do make (eventually, I can afford to wait) another update, especially an entertainment orientated one, perhaps you could mention the fates of the Shaw Brothers.
I can do that.