The Death of Russia - TL

China is eager to re-enter international circles after Tianaman
And Siberian intervention.
Also what is the legal status of the Tzar is Federation a republic.
Is the European Russia an independent Kingdom under the Tzar or is it under the Federation?

And Siberian intervention.
Also what is the legal status of the Tzar is Federation a republic.
Is the European Russia an independent Kingdom under the Tzar or is it under the Federation?

It's called the Russian Federation still but Russia is the only constituent nation - all the rest are gone. The country is a constitutional monarchy with Nemtsov in Kaliningrad as head of government.

Last edited:

This will be the last update before Christmas. The next update will be the final, and will fill in events until 2000 and give an idea of what the world looks like in 2020 in the broadest brushstrokes. I will self-publish an extended edition some time next year, but from now until Christmas I'm just going to be with my family and other work. So thank you to everyone who helped steer me right with historical information, Merry Christmas, and I'll be sure to deliver the final chapter by New Year's.

This will be the last update before Christmas. The next update will be the final, and will fill in events until 2000 and give an idea of what the world looks like in 2020 in the broadest brushstrokes. I will self-publish an extended edition some time next year, but from now until Christmas I'm just going to be with my family and other work. So thank you to everyone who helped steer me right with historical information, Merry Christmas, and I'll be sure to deliver the final chapter by New Year's.
Well I hope that your Christmas will be fine because my Christmas will be good as yours ☺️

Plus again thank you for using my term and anyone else's ideas here mate

Also.....

1671826352539.png

You better make a wholesome TL after TLDR man!!!

It would be interesting to see how South America weathers this crisis. Out of the Third World, they are probably the ones in a better position due to somewhat decent development (in comparison to Africa and parts of Asia) and general self sufficiency in terms of food.

@Sorairo I know that the TL isn't over yet, but would you be alright with me making an amature translation of it into Polish and posting it to this site?
And @CalBear is content in any language other than English allowed on this site to begin with?

Seem one bin Laden has been quite busy. And this is merely the second of four -where do the remaining ones go off?

Nick P

Donor
You've written a superb storyline and I'm following with much interest. 👍

But, uhm, well, B2s don't fly from aircraft carriers. o_O
You might want to change this sentence.....
On October 28th 1996 after ignoring calls from the White House to step down or face consequences, American B2 bombers from the carrier strike force began to obliterate every nuclear facility in the country.
into 'American B2 bombers from Diego Garcia supported by the carrier strike force began...'

Keep up the great work!

Seem one bin Laden has been quite busy. And this is merely the second of four -where do the remaining ones go off?
They're going to do a bloody manhunt for him before anything after Almaty goes off.

So, it seems like Bin Laden saw the destabilisation of Central Asia as his prime pregrogative, with the Indian subcontinent - through Pakistan - being out of the question, and Israel just making the West easily smell his bullshit.

While Pushkingrad is still officially ‘The Russian Federation’ on international forms, even in 2020, due to the horrific cleanup cost and mass movements of people, European Russia is a pale shadow of itself, with a lower population than either Siberia or the FEK.
So the Tsardom/Federation is now the most sparsely populated state on Earth here (in the sense Mongolia is the most sparsely populated country in the world IOTL)?

They're going to do a bloody manhunt for him before anything after Almaty goes off.

So, it seems like Bin Laden saw the destabilisation of Central Asia as his prime pregrogative, with the Indian subcontinent - through Pakistan - being out of the question, and Israel just making the West easily smell his bullshit.
Do you think he’s planning on destabilizing western China? Al Qaeda is an ally to the Eastern Turkmenistan Islamic Movement and Almaty is quite close to the Xinjiang region. Is he trying to provoke China into taking harsher action in the Xinjiang region earlier then OTL?

So, let me guess...Bin Laden?
Probably trying to have a second go at it after his apocalyptic fantasy of total nuclear war failed to materialize. make me wonder what the future of movement like Al Quada is, governments will be more on alert, especially when the truth comes out.

@Sorairo I know that the TL isn't over yet, but would you be alright with me making an amature translation of it into Polish and posting it to this site?
And @CalBear is content in any language other than English allowed on this site to begin with?

Yeah, no problem on my end but I don't think a non English TL here is allowed - could be wrong. If there's a Polish language site related to alternate history then as long as there's some form of credit then go ahead.

Geon

Donor
Probably trying to have a second go at it after his apocalyptic fantasy of total nuclear war failed to materialize. make me wonder what the future of movement like Al Quada is, governments will be more on alert, especially when the truth comes out.
Unfortunately it did become reality in the form of a major nuclear exchange that took 32 million lives and was the final death blow to a major super power. It also caused the destruction of al Queda's Islamic "utopia" in the Caucasus. Given the horrors the Americans and others were finding as they advanced into it and the fact that Bin Laden is now known to be responsible for the Stalingrad bomb I suspect the level of Islamophobia in this timeline will be worse than it was in ours following 9/11.

Thank God! The world has averted Armageddon, and life might slowly be able to return to some semblance of normality! It's the dawn of a new age as the world realizes just how horrific nuclear weapons are, and actively limit their arsenals of such!
[Then, on March 7th 1997, a nuclear bomb exploded in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
FUCK!

Just signing in briefly to say that, given that I (mercifully temporarily) fell into depression and had to take a week off while writing and researching the scenario, I evidently am not 'jerking off' to it.

Even I'm not reading your timeline, I lurked a little and I read a few good written parts with a good documentation and wisely chosen illustrations.

The simple fact that you take a lot of time to entertain strangers on this forum is an action that everybody should respect.

So thanks...

And Merry Holidays...