The Death of Russia - TL

Speaking of Pushkingrad would its government give lot of support for revivng of Old Prussian language? In OTL there is some attempts but ITTL it might be even more popular when people want distanse themselves from Russian past.

I think Pushkingrad will keep Russia's permanent seat in the UN for as long as possible. I do not think Siberia will get it. Assuming Lebed does not die early like IOTL, Siberia will probably collapse. If Pushkingrad does ever give up its permanent seat UN seat, it would probably go to India, Japan, or Brazil.
Is more likely the UN decides that they don't need five permanent members and abolishes the Russian seat.

Dear God. That was one of the few times I was hit with such a mood whiplash while reading something; first, excitement at the Evangelion reference in the title; the dread and finally, horror. It's somewhat comforting though, to know that most of my family would have survived, but life might be very different, depending on what happens in SE Asia.
But really, I think that was one of the most horrifyingly amazing story I've read. I was torn between skipping the description of the horror and my curiosity. You did an amazing job here Sorairo.

Speaking of Pushkingrad would its government give lot of support for revivng of Old Prussian language? In OTL there is some attempts but ITTL it might be even more popular when people want distanse themselves from Russian past.
Well, the inhabitants of the city raised a "Three Briefcases Statue" to commemorate Gaidar's act of bribery with national emblems of Russia emerging from said briefcases (the double-headed eagle, a bear's paw, and a Chamomile flower), so I imagine the city to be divided between those who seek to distance themselves from Russia via either reviving Old Prussian culture or emphasizing the German origins of the city and those who view themselves as carrying Russia with their city like how the Byzantines carried Rome with them in Constantinople, with the latter erecting the Three Briefcases Statue.

I think Pushkingrad will keep Russia's permanent seat in the UN for as long as possible. I do not think Siberia will get it. Assuming Lebed does not die early like IOTL, Siberia will probably collapse. If Pushkingrad does ever give up its permanent seat UN seat, it would probably go to India, Japan, or Brazil.
I think the UNSC should add Japan, Brazil, India, Germany, Spain, and Italy as well as Canada and Egypt.

Why?

The Old Prussian language dies a long time ago why they want to push it since they want to preserve their culture more than anyone in Russian diaspora since the War of the 1990s

Why?

The Old Prussian language dies a long time ago why they want to push it since they want to preserve their culture more than anyone in Russian diaspora since the War of the 1990s
Or what about a Pushkingrad dialect of the Russian language influenced with more German, Polish, Lithuanian, and Swedish loanwords as they try to distance themselves from a much tainted past?

Or what about a Pushkingrad dialect of the Russian language influenced with more German, Polish, Lithuanian, and Swedish loanwords as they try to distance themselves from a much tainted past?
Well I do get why they want to distance themselves from the Raidcal Nashist but really changed the language since Russia is already dead and while yes it will be anti-russia sentiment but would you want to preserve your culture since your motherland is dead?

I just realised that Rokhlin won't be able to bring Komi the hundred friends that he wished for it.

bbc.png
Komi might have to have a name change if the manga/light novel is still made.

And of course, the implications of the April 10th nuclear attack would mean the plans for the reconstruction & reopening of the Bataan nuclear power plant will be delayed and the economic crisis would make Fidel V. Ramos unpopular prior to the upcoming 1998 Philippine presidential election.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
There is something horribly astonishing about this TL: all of the perfidious characters portraited are real and enjoy Wide popularity in OTL Russia: Barkashov, for instance is considered a "well respected" politician in Russia, just ti name one.
Alksnis actually covers some prestigious institutional role; the same applies to Dugin, likely the most delirious of the fold.
The fact that in today's Russia openly racist, xenophobic, if not covertly genocidal rhetorics are widespread in mainstream media and enjoy wide support among ample strata of Russian society should have us all think, and posits a difficult dilemma.
Our own wide-mindedness forces us to distunguish between the authoritarian Russian regime, which we willfully disdain and the Russian population at large.
But when you find out they Putin and his cronies enjoy wide support from the population, should we not condemn the Russian people as a whole, just as we condemned the German people back in 1945 for having given the nazis their hearts and minds?
This is what recently has me wondering.
PS one bright side ti this TL is that it enticed me to investigate about people like Dugin and Barkashov which I previously knew very little about; this, in turn, allowed me to shut the fu**ing mouth of some pro-Putin it's-all-the-west-fault people I know
Keep current politics in Chat.

Why not just give the seat to India?

And of course, the implications of the April 10th nuclear attack would mean the plans for the reconstruction & reopening of the Bataan nuclear power plant will be delayed and the economic crisis would make Fidel V. Ramos unpopular prior to the upcoming 1998 Philippine presidential election.

This means too for Finnish nuclear power some things. Speciality Olkiluoto 3 nuclear reactor would be delayed notably. But this is probably good thing since whole process has been really infamous and has became general joke in Finland due several problems over opening and activating the reactor.

And some Finnish electric companies might have think their actions again. Probably affects to some politicians too.

Why not just give the seat to India?
Probably for various reasons that can be summed up as:

- India is undervalued at this time, so no one believes they are "enough worthy".

-The West will undoubtedly be in "appease China" mode "because economy"

- China does not want India to have a permanent seat.

- The rest don't care or will prefer that there is no other power with veto power.

-Or they will oppose (this is if we assume as true the aforementioned premise that "the West goes mad with rage and starts throwing its weight against anyone with nuclear weapons").

Which means (giving the premise to the logical end) putting itself on a collision course very quickly with India when the West starts demanding India dismantle its nuclear program under threat of invasion and occupation if they don't comply and India says "no".

But seriously I agree India is a good candidate for the seat.

Which means (giving the premise to the logical end) putting itself on a collision course very quickly with India when the West starts demanding India dismantle its nuclear program under threat of invasion and occupation if they don't comply and India says "no".
Especially as India had the dubious distinction of being the only non-Russian nuclear power who did not attend the conference on how to deal with the impending threat of nuclear war.

Geon

Donor
This discussion of who will get Russia's seat on the Security Council of the U.N. assumes that the U.N. will survive this disaster. Consider how she failed to prevent one of the worst if not the worst disaster since World War II. There are going to be many in every member nation who will be wondering if the U.N.'s time has come and gone. Simply put, will the U.N. survive the 90's?