Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

If Bush is a one-term President here I can only imagine the jokes he'd get due to his comparison to his father. The Simpsons alone would have whole episodes built around making fun of it.

Well that was a good in depth look at what is going to be a bruising election. I’d say it’s too close to call so far.

That last image I suspect is going to change a lot
Of things ITTL, but will it change the election?

If Bush is a one-term President here I can only imagine the jokes he'd get due to his comparison to his father.

I wonder if he'll ever get called the nickname "Blowmonkey" on the account of all of Columbia's finest illegal export he was supposed have snorted back in the 70s? Apparently before he got religion when he was 40 he was quite the boozing, coke-snorting party-animal.

ahmedali

Banned
I wonder if he'll ever get called the nickname "Blowmonkey" on the account of all of Columbia's finest illegal export he was supposed have snorted back in the 70s? Apparently before he got religion when he was 40 he was quite the boozing, coke-snorting party-animal.
This may happen

If Edwards is not a good president or gets caught up in the same scandal as Clinton Lewinsky, he will also become a target for bullying

ahmedali

Banned
Regarding the September 4 attack on the Russian Foreign Ministry

I think Sergey Lavrov and Zakharova are among the victims of the TTL attack

I think that this attack will not lead to an anti-Muslim reaction among Russians, as happened in the United States

(Unlike Americans, Russians have already known Muslims for a long time

And they have a more racial view of the success of Muslims, as they are moderate or hostile based on the race of the Muslim

(They were moderate and tolerant towards the Azeris, Kazakhs and Uzbeks, but they were very hostile towards the Circassians and Chechens)

During the Cold War, a large number of Muslim countries allied with the Soviets

So I don't think the Russians will fall into anti-Muslim hysteria like the Americans at OTL

(Ignorance of Americans towards Muslims played a role in this happening and increasing it)

I'd like to hear what some people think

I'd be really curious to read an ATL sometime where Dubya stays a cokefiend party-animal and is the black sheep of the family, Billy Carter or Roger Clinton-style, who humiliates the family repeatedly as Jeb! tries to rise to power

but they were very hostile towards the Circassians

It's not just the Russians the Circassians also have a bad rep with the Kurds too. After the Russian Empire crushed the Circassians in the late 19th century the survivors fled to the Ottoman Empire but wherever the Ottomans tried to resettle them they ALWAYS caused problems with the local christians and/or muslims and in the 1877 Russo-Turkish war (Which ended badly for the Ottomans) a large number of the Bashi-Bazouk irregulars (Savage fighters notorious for the atrocities they committed) involved were Circassian (The other large group were Albanians).

ahmedali

Banned
It's not just the Russians the Circassians also have a bad rep with the Kurds too. After the Russian Empire crushed the Circassians in the late 19th century the survivors fled to the Ottoman Empire but wherever the Ottomans tried to resettle them they ALWAYS caused problems with the local christians and/or muslims and in the 1877 Russo-Turkish war (Which ended badly for the Ottomans) a large number of the Bashi-Bazouk irregulars (Savage fighters notorious for the atrocities they committed) involved were Circassian (The other large group were Albanians).
Right

The point is that the Russians will not become anti-Muslim because of 4 September (Russian 9/11).

Because they do not have ignorance of Muslims like the Americans, and they know them already, and they know the difference between a terrorist, an ordinary Muslim, and a committed Muslim, and they historically allied with Islamic countries throughout the Cold War.

Therefore, I do not see September 4 having this great negative impact on Muslims compared to September 11

Rather, it may negatively affect Putin and become accused of incompetence, and this may mean his exclusion, and it also means a harsher war against the Chechens.

And without Lavrov (it is very likely that he was among the victims of the attack along with Maria Zakharova), the Russian Foreign Ministry may not have a capable man like him.

Wait, a plane with a bunch of islamic terrorists just hit the Foreign Ministry headquarters of one of the world's biggest army and nuclear superpower. Thats BIG in a world without 9/11, probably ending the "end of history" and maybe helping Bush to reelect with his hawkish foreign policy

I'd be really curious to read an ATL sometime where Dubya stays a cokefiend party-animal and is the black sheep of the family, Billy Carter or Roger Clinton-style, who humiliates the family repeatedly as Jeb! tries to rise to power

I second this! I'd definitely read such an ATL story where Blowmonkey continues to be the family scapegrace;):D.

Wait, a plane with a bunch of islamic terrorists just hit the Foreign Ministry headquarters of one of the world's biggest army and nuclear superpower. Thats BIG in a world without 9/11, probably ending the "end of history" and maybe helping Bush to reelect with his hawkish foreign policy
I guess the end of "the end of history" was pushed back by just under three years with Russia expirincing a 9/11-like terrorist attack.

Without 9/11 happening, the 1990s feelings will end and the 2000s feelings will begin both society and culturally in 2004.

ahmedali

Banned
I guess the end of "the end of history" was pushed back by just under three years with Russia expirincing a 9/11-like terrorist attack.

Without 9/11 happening, the 1990s feelings will end and the 2000s feelings will begin both society and culturally in 2004.
I don't believe in that

Bush here seems to be hinting that he will likely lose re-election

I agree that the end of history ended after a delay of three years

Frankly, I think that the effects of this attack, although it annihilated the entire Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (the foreign minister, the official spokesman, and all employees were killed)

However, it will be less than September 11 due to the differences in Russia from the United States

ahmedali

Banned
I did something simple and would like your opinion

1669341084107.png

ahmedali

Banned
Will the Amman bombings that occurred in 2005 still happen here?

If it is avoided, then the famous Syrian-American director Mustafa Al-Akkad will survive his death, and this will mean that his plans for a movie about Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyubi will find its way to light, along with his plans to buy the British Pinewood Studios.

Akkad planned to give the role of Saladin to British actor Sean Connery, and it was to be filmed in Jordan

(He was in Jordan to make preparations for filming the movie, in addition to attending the marriage of his daughter, who will survive here, as she died with him in the bombings)

This means that the Halloween series may be remade in a better way

Will the Amman bombings that occurred in 2005 still happen here?

If it is avoided, then the famous Syrian-American director Mustafa Al-Akkad will survive his death, and this will mean that his plans for a movie about Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyubi will find its way to light, along with his plans to buy the British Pinewood Studios.

Akkad planned to give the role of Saladin to British actor Sean Connery, and it was to be filmed in Jordan

(He was in Jordan to make preparations for filming the movie, in addition to attending the marriage of his daughter, who will survive here, as she died with him in the bombings)

This means that the Halloween series may be remade in a better way
I would whatch that

ahmedali

Banned
I would whatch that

His death alongside David Angel before his death was a great loss for the art, frankly

And frankly, the films “The Message” and “The Lion of the Desert” were wonderful, especially with the acting of Anthony Quinn

Sean Connery would have played the role of Saladin wonderfully

It seemed that Akkad cared much more about this movie than Al-Risala or Lion of the Desert

So we might get a great movie

ahmedali

Banned
Frankly, I think Islamophobia here is weaker in OTL. Even with the attack on the Russian Foreign Ministry, it will still be weaker.

The Russians, unlike the Americans, have a more nationalistic and specific vision for Muslims, and not as comprehensive as the Americans

(The Russians were very tolerant of Kazakhs, Turks, Central Asian Muslims, Azeris, and Russian Muslims, Slavs, who often showed loyalty to the Russian state.)

And with Muslims, Arabs, Africans, Persians, Kurds and Albanians, who were their allies throughout the Cold War.

But they are very cruel to the Chechens and Circassians who have shown their tendency to rebel against them

And hostility towards the Turks because they are a Western ally and a threat to them

So I don't see that changing with September 4th

The effect I might see is that this time the Chechens have a bad international image, so no one would mind cracking them down hard.

I don't think we will see an invasion of Afghanistan but more support for the Northern Alliance (via Ashgabat)

So I think the attack will have a weaker effect than September 11th
Except for encouraging airline passengers to resist the hijackers

The damage is that Putin will struggle to find a brilliant diplomat to become foreign minister (if Lavrov is among the victims).

And the victims will be less because the building, unlike wtc, will take longer to collapse and being wide may only destroy the upper part while keeping the lower part intact.