What if TL-191 was actually real? What's beyond 1945?

my general thoughts over the years were:
low grade irregular terrorism in the south that slowly gets ground down
even lower grade irregular stuff in Canada that ends sooner due to lack of population
the two states the CSA bought from Mexico.... returned to Mexico? Occupied by the US? tough call on that one.
Generally pleasant cooperation with Germany, since the USA and Germany don't have much to squabble about.
One by one, the states of the CSA are integrated back into the US, over a lot of years.

the two states the CSA bought from Mexico.... returned to Mexico? Occupied by the US? tough call on that one.
Obviously I think that the US will just keep the Mexican land because it already got anglicize for nearly 60 years and also many of the citizens are white majority compared to the Mexicans

are they? I had the idea that they were still majority Mexican descended...
What the immigration of a CSA as well as Northern Mexico was a very sparsely populated compared to southern Mexico.

Yeah they'll likely will be just at best a sizeable minority of Mexicans not a majority

my general thoughts over the years were:
low grade irregular terrorism in the south that slowly gets ground down
even lower grade irregular stuff in Canada that ends sooner due to lack of population
Generally pleasant cooperation with Germany, since the USA and Germany don't have much to squabble about.
One by one, the states of the CSA are integrated back into the US, over a lot of years.
I believe those Southern Terrorists wouldn't last too long as Young People are taking over the years.

Canada would obviously be integrated.

I think Mexico would get those lands back anyways.

It would take a long time for the South to be integrated back into the Union.

I personally think that America would just give them back regardless of situation.

I don’t think that the USA would give Sonora or Chihuahua back to Mexico. Mexico was an enemy of the USA during both Great Wars, and the postwar US government is not going to be that conciliatory to a country that was a Confederate ally since the late 19th Century.

The also think that the USA will not return Baja California to Mexico after the end of the Second Great War for the same reasons.

I don’t think that the USA would give Sonora or Chihuahua back to Mexico. Mexico was an enemy of the USA during both Great Wars, and the postwar US government is not going to be that conciliatory to a country that was a Confederate ally since the late 19th Century.

The also think that the USA will not return Baja California to Mexico after the end of the Second Great War for the same reasons.
Exactly mate and even if Mexico pull Italy in SGW as an ally, there's no way in hell that America will ever allow them to keep their territories

I do concede here, Though They might make Baja California, Sonora, and Chihuahua territories than states for a long while.

It would take a long time for the South to be integrated back into the Union.
decades. But I think as the older generations die out and you have new ones coming along who are used to the idea, the CSA states would be admitted to the USA one by one.
I don’t think that the USA would give Sonora or Chihuahua back to Mexico.
One thing I wondered about from the first time I bought the book... why in hell wouldn't the CSA have bought (or tried to, anyway), that northernmost chunk of Baja? Supposedly, they bought Sonora and Chihuahua so they could make their own transcontinental railroad... which ends in Guaymas, way down on the Sea of Cortez... so ships have to go all the way around Baja to get there, and all the way BACK around to get somewhere west (I suppose it works okay if they aren't going west). If the CSA had bought a chunk of north Baja, they could have run the railroad straight to the Pacific....

decades. But I think as the older generations die out and you have new ones coming along who are used to the idea, the CSA states would be admitted to the USA one by one.

One thing I wondered about from the first time I bought the book... why in hell wouldn't the CSA have bought (or tried to, anyway), that northernmost chunk of Baja? Supposedly, they bought Sonora and Chihuahua so they could make their own transcontinental railroad... which ends in Guaymas, way down on the Sea of Cortez... so ships have to go all the way around Baja to get there, and all the way BACK around to get somewhere west (I suppose it works okay if they aren't going west). If the CSA had bought a chunk of north Baja, they could have run the railroad straight to the Pacific....
Those are good points and Yeah, How did the CSA didn't get the Baja California part? I know Mexico offered just Sonora and Chihuahua, but still.

It would take a long time for the South to be integrated back into the Union
America would have much bad blood with the south, since it was a slave state with many values contrary to those of America, and that tried to conquer it while committing genocide. I think in a bid to pacify them once and for all the education system would be modified to make citizens as "American" as possible and squash the Southern identity, all monuments to the old south would be torn down, and many immigrants and citizens moving would be encouraged to go to the south to further dilute the culture.

@CASSICTOR2 Also, I legitimately forgot about Canada for a second. I think what's more likely is that Canada is integrated and the provinces are admitted as US States while a rump puppet Confederacy is eventually created to appease both sides since resistance to American occupation is going to be sky-high.

@CASSICTOR2 Also, I legitimately forgot about Canada for a second. I think what's more likely is that Canada is integrated and the provinces are admitted as US States while a rump puppet Confederacy is eventually created to appease both sides since resistance to American occupation is going to be sky-high.
Honestly couldn't agree more

Even more likely, I can envision an East and West Confederacy or a North, South, and West Confederacy. The Union probably wouldn't allow one big Confederacy to reunite, even if it's a rump puppet state.
I think they would allow rump Confederacy that entirely controlled by the US similar to what Belarus is to Russia