The Death of Russia - TL

I get the feeling that Moscow is about to get -more- than leveled if Vlad’s comments about needing a hazmat suit is any indication.

Well, given that if Arkady drops it then it'll mean his death and the deaths of many others, and that he needs a MOPP suit, I don't think that it would be a nuclear weapon; for one thing, nuclear weapons don't need such full protection to be handled as they aren't too radioactive, and the Stalingrad government wouldn't bother with giving him hazmat gear just because otherwise he'd get cancer in twenty years. Plus, a nuclear weapon would be fine even if it was dropped, most likely; they have to be built to handle accidents such as this, as there'd obviously be rushed handling resulting in drops in a total thermonuclear war.

No, rather than nuclear weapons, I think this is either chemical weapons or biologicals.

I'm betting on tactical dirty bombs or some other sort of short-range hacked together WMDs in Moscow. At the end of this, there really may be no safe way to rebuild if they are throwing anthrax or suitcase nukes at each other.

Also, something more terrifying that I just realized - the USSR was the only other country to keep samples of smallpox when it was eradicated. I have no clue where OTL Russia/USSR kept their stock of the virus, but hopefully some good samaritan realized the danger of reintroducing smallpox and destroyed the samples, or they were otherwise destroyed. If they weren't and one of the former NSF factions weaponized it, smallpox could become to only disease to come back from the dead.
Depends on who occupies the labs, and how amenable the guards are to bribes. Given how large Russia is, I’d imagine the various intelligence agencies of the world are running themselves ragged trying to track down the various labs.

Depends on who occupies the labs, and how amenable the guards are to bribes. Given how large Russia is, I’d imagine the various intelligence agencies of the world are running themselves ragged trying to track down the various labs.

I am more worried that some terrorists would get their hands to bio-weapons.

Smallpox and the USSR. Like the United States, the USSR have *one* location that Smallpox is/was kept. Unlike the US, they put it relatively speaking in the middle of nowhere. There are of course theories that both the US and USSR had places that they had them that they didn't admit.

US:CDC near Atlanta
USSR: State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology VECTOR (aka the VECTOR institute) in in Koltsovo, Novosibirsk Oblast, Russia. About 700km east of Omsk, and about 500km from the Kazakh border.

If I'm reading the story correctly, the USSR/Russian smallpox would be in the hands of Lebed unless a *specific* mission was made to transport the samples west. I'm not sure who else in the world has Biohazard Level 4 labs, but the PRC probably does. The WHO does require a certain level of openness at the labs that have them for inspections, but I'm betting the Chinese would be willing to deal with that.

Smallpox and the USSR. Like the United States, the USSR have *one* location that Smallpox is/was kept. Unlike the US, they put it relatively speaking in the middle of nowhere. There are of course theories that both the US and USSR had places that they had them that they didn't admit.

US:CDC near Atlanta
USSR: State Research Center of Virology and Biotechnology VECTOR (aka the VECTOR institute) in in Koltsovo, Novosibirsk Oblast, Russia. About 700km east of Omsk, and about 500km from the Kazakh border.

If I'm reading the story correctly, the USSR/Russian smallpox would be in the hands of Lebed unless a *specific* mission was made to transport the samples west. I'm not sure who else in the world has Biohazard Level 4 labs, but the PRC probably does. The WHO does require a certain level of openness at the labs that have them for inspections, but I'm betting the Chinese would be willing to deal with that.
And besides there are lots of other possible Biothreats besides Smallpox.

Which is currently under the control of the fairly reasonable Alexander Lebed, so yeah.

I just realized the comissar is Putin.

Also what happens to the anime trope that all Americans are blonde blue-eyed if that's now an FEK cliche?
Prob every westerner is going to be blonde until stated otherwise lol, but American girls would be more open while the FEK girls would be pure and introverted. Imagine an anime with both types of girls lol.

While we wait for the next update, who do you think had the motivations and means to blow up the plane Rutskoy, Makashov, and Konstantinov were on, triggering the Communist vs Fascist phase of this whole thing, even if in-universe, it would most likely remain a mystery?

While we wait for the next update, who do you think had the motivations and means to blow up the plane Rutskoy, Makashov, and Konstantinov were on, triggering the Communist vs Fascist phase of this whole thing, even if in-universe, it would most likely remain a mystery?
The plane was just malfunctioning. Like everything else in the country.

I’d put my money on the Chechens.
Personally, I'd blame Barkashov's RNU, on that note, considering the two big names aside from Rutskoy who were onboard were from the Communist faction of the NSF and the flight was to a conference preparing a partition between Communist and Fascist regions. In addition, I would say that Barkashov's men being quicker in mobilizing after the crash is more "evidence" he was behind the bombing.

Oh good, some sort of a biochemical WMD set off in the ruins of moscow. Right now, the ultra-orthodox state really does seem to be the closest thing to a success story.

Beautiful chapter
Moscow is the perfect example of death and misery
Through I assuming its just the beginning of end for the city and the gate of Hades are going to be truly open.

Will the city be rebuilt or abandon after the war finally ends?

Beautiful chapter
Moscow is the perfect example of death and misery
Through I assuming its just the beginning of end for the city and the gate of Hades are going to be truly open.

Will the city be rebuilt or abandon after the war finally ends?
Hopefully it'd be abandoned just to set in how bad it is to all the participants involved.