Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

VVD0D95

Banned
A somewhat related tangentially question, what consequences could there have been if

1. Thomas Howard, the son of Thomas Howard, 3rd duke of Norfolk and Anne of York had not died in 1508.

2. The House of Tudor died out in 1502, with the entire family dying from the sweating sickness?

If Mary Tudor succeeds unwed, there might be an interest in marrying her to Richard de la Pole, just to tie up any "loose ends", the English Rose marrying the White Rose of York is kinda poetic

A somewhat related tangentially question, what consequences could there have been if

1. Thomas Howard, the son of Thomas Howard, 3rd duke of Norfolk and Anne of York had not died in 1508.

2. The House of Tudor died out in 1502, with the entire family dying from the sweating sickness?
Thomas Howard would become Thomas I. If Margaret were to die in childbirth before having James V and if Henry were to die before having an heir, then Mary Tudor could marry Thomas Howard

VVD0D95

Banned
Thomas Howard would become Thomas I. If Margaret were to die in childbirth before having James V and if Henry were to die before having an heir, then Mary Tudor could marry Thomas Howard
Agreed, so, perhaps a pod in 1506 then, with Margaret dying giving birth to a stillborn kid perhaps? Henry then dying from something in 1509?

Also, how appealing would an English War of succession be in the late 1490s/early 1500s from a narrative stand point?

Agreed, so, perhaps a pod in 1506 then, with Margaret dying giving birth to a stillborn kid perhaps? Henry then dying from something in 1509?
That would work for me
Also, how appealing would an English War of succession be in the late 1490s/early 1500s from a narrative stand point?
For me very little. Anotherround of civil wars is the last thing who England need so I would like a more pacific scenario

VVD0D95

Banned
That would work for me

For me very little. Anotherround of civil wars is the last thing who England need so I would like a more pacific scenario
Alright quality, would it be Thomas ruling as Thomas I, or would he and Mary be co monarchs?

Alright quality, would it be Thomas ruling as Thomas I, or would he and Mary be co monarchs?
Both can work. Thomas would still be King as Thomas I and the one to actually rule in all scenarios (as King alone or co-monarch would rule in his own right but things would NOT change much with him as Mary’s King Consort, if that would be necessary)

VVD0D95

Banned
Elizabeth of York wasn't co-monarch. I think it'd be Thomas I (well unless he predeceases her)
Both can work. Thomas would still be King as Thomas I and the one to actually rule in all scenarios (as King alone or co-monarch would rule in his own right but things would NOT change much with him as Mary’s King Consort, if that would be necessary)
Alright quality, and given that Henry took the throne through conquest rather than in right of his wife, I suppose the Howard’s could argue the same here?

Would he, though.
Mary Tudor look to you to be the kind of woman interested to fight her husband for ruling?

Alright quality, and given that Henry took the throne through conquest rather than in right of his wife, I suppose the Howard’s could argue the same here?
Not really as the Howard would NOT take the Crown after a war, but from an hereditary claim… likely Thomas and Mary would be co-monarchs

VVD0D95

Banned
Mary Tudor look to you to be the kind of woman interested to fight her husband for ruling?

Not really as the Howard would NOT take the Crown after a war, but from an hereditary claim… likely Thomas and Mary would be co-monarchs
Ah I see

VVD0D95

Banned
Henry marries Eleanor of Austria.
Interesting, so the wait for her to come of age won’t be too pressing for the tudors? I suppose given she’d come of age in 1510 a year after Henry ascends the throne they could start pretty quickly if Henry were so inclined