The M-BAM Main Thread

Вероятно, я понимаю, что M-BAM основан на Q-BAM, который по-разному описывался как «псевдо-Робинзон» или смесь между проекцией Робинсона и проекцией Каврайского VII, и я предположил, что М-BAM также был проекцией псевдо-Робинсона. .
Тhanks! I'm trying to do it in Photoshop now, because I can't find perfect projection)

Diseño sin título (19).png

A map of Finland with its lakes, something that apparently has been missing on MBAM since the beggining.

Map Europe 1914.png

A map of Europe of 1914, on the eve of World War 1. (I used a previous map but I made some modifications like in Libya, Finland the Rif and other areas. Unfortuantely I don't remember where I took the original map from. Please let me know if you find it so I can credit the original author.

Crazy Boris

Banned
View attachment 786806

A map of Europe of 1914, on the eve of World War 1. (I used a previous map but I made some modifications like in Libya, Finland the Rif and other areas. Unfortuantely I don't remember where I took the original map from. Please let me know if you find it so I can credit the original author.
This is good, but the Departments would have been the first level divisions in France at the time, Montenegro is a bit bigger with territory shown as Serbia here, and Poland didn’t have de facto autonomy anymore by 1914.

View attachment 786806

Maybe it's just me, but I think the region of Soldau was never corrected. It was a region of East Prussia that became part of Poland. But in the MBAM maps that I looked at, I can't find Soldau's borders. In general I have the feeling that the interprussian borders are wrong to a certain degree.
Can anyone take a closer look?

1668533880676.png

View attachment 786800

A map of Finland with its lakes, something that apparently has been missing on MBAM since the beggining.
View attachment 786806

Finland just looks off to me somehow

Finlandduchy.jpg

Also there is a strip of territory in northern Karelia which was only lost after the Winter War, which you have given to Russia here for some reason.

Anyone know any websites to align borders with MBAM? I've been trying to get historical borders in but they almost never align with the coasts or modern borders.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, was, and still am, a lurker here.
Recently I discoveredQBAM which made my mapmaking project far easier, and as of today I discover that an even more gargantuan map is being made.

Namely, the MBAM.

The most recent full world map I could find came from this reddit post

I was wondering if a more recent full world map had been made ? Or perhaps some showing more information, in the same vein QBAMs had rivers, coordinates, physical map etc...

Thank you in advance.

I have compiled an M-BAM resources document if anyone wants to find historical patches. If there is anything missing please let me know.
There are also some things missing from the main map that I noticed, on the map there should be but isn't Sidama Region in Ethiopia, 3 new Kazakh regions, new provinces in Papua, raion change in Ukraine, North West province in Sierra Leone, new subdivisions in Latvia, and new subdivisions in Algeria.

I'm looking for an M-BAM Qing 1820 map
No, I don't think there are any yet, I checked all 262 pages