Votes: 33 13.0%
  • United Provinces of America

Votes: 144 56.9%
  • Patagonia

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • European Affairs

Votes: 54 21.3%

• Total voters
Honestly, I'd be very interested in what the American party system looks like. I think there's a lot of interesting things you could do with fusing British and American sensibilities. I'd imagine that ttl people like Rocky and the Roosevelts would essentially be one nation tories, and I wonder if you wouldn't eventually get a Dixie regionalist party. The alternate Progressive movement could be very interesting as well.

Two ideas:
  1. Instead of all the Hesse monarchies surviving to the present, just Philippsthal, Kassel, Homburg, and Darmstadlt can still be around today.
  2. Only the Weilburg and Usingen lines of the House of Nassau can still exist in modern times, with the Weilburgs ruling Luxembourg and the Usingens serving as the Dukes of Nassau.

Upon closer inspection of the monarchs, how did Ed 7 get a posthumous coronation?

Thanks! Fixed that!

Honestly, I'd be very interested in what the American party system looks like. I think there's a lot of interesting things you could do with fusing British and American sensibilities. I'd imagine that ttl people like Rocky and the Roosevelts would essentially be one nation tories, and I wonder if you wouldn't eventually get a Dixie regionalist party. The alternate Progressive movement could be very interesting as well.

The Roosevelt family was split between the old one-nation Tory faction and the more liberal party-supporting family branch. The same was the case for many upper-class Americans, though, with the rise of the Labour party in the early 20th century, most began a shift toward supporting the Tories exclusively. There was briefly a Dixie regionalist party, but a far more effective reconstruction era meant its support was limited. It still exists today, though it is a relatively weak force only genuinely relevant in provincial elections in the deep south. If you look at the PM list, there are hints of the early progressive movement, but if you mean the one of today, it's fascinating! They are, at the moment, attempting to gain further control over the Labour party.

Two ideas:
  1. Instead of all the Hesse monarchies surviving to the present, just Philippsthal, Kassel, Homburg, and Darmstadlt can still be around today.
  2. Only the Weilburg and Usingen lines of the House of Nassau can still exist in modern times, with the Weilburgs ruling Luxembourg and the Usingens serving as the Dukes of Nassau.

1 - Not a bad idea, though I'd have to do some more reading on that as I go. Things will look pretty similar to pre-1918 OTL in that region west of the Rhine river, though that all got swallowed up in the last 20s into the Kingdom of Westphalia as France expanded her influence in the area.

2 - Interesting, though; truth be told, I don't know nearly enough about this to say much about it.

The Kings and Queen of the United Provinces of America

TXRaB7x.png

Currently under lockdown with COVID and being forced to watch Castle. So there's your answer to that.
Frederick's issue is named Edward VIII when it should be Edward VII.

Thank you to all who voted so far!

Wonder how many followers Queen Vicky's TikTok and Instagram (or whatever TTL's equivalent platforms are) accounts would have. Probably a lot.

Now that could be something worth exploring, how the world's monarchs are employing social media. The Queen's Tik Tok

I just noticed there appears to be French Holstein, how did that happen?

Something that will be explored later, but the French forced the Scandinavians to split it with them in the "Schleswig Holstein Incident of 1934."

Frederick's issue is named Edward VIII when it should be Edward VII.
For that matter I just noticed that Edward VIII’s issue still says George VI rather than George V.

Fixed! Thank you for the note!

The United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil, the Algarves and Lesser Sunda
Last edited:
Meh, stay impartial, King Pete!

Am I right to assume that Pedro is not monarch of all of the Lusophone countries? Can we have a Wikilist of the member states and their forms of government?

Also, will we have a list of countries (Not all, but some) ranked by population? It would be really interesting as I think that keeping Uruguay and being more developed could make the United Portuguese Kingdom receive a lot of immigration and have a bigger population

Seeing that the current Portuguese monarch is Pedro IV, I wonder what happened to Pedro I of Brazil?

With Diana Spencer being an American Prime Minster, who did George VI of Hanover marry?

A idea I have is that Joachim Murat stays as King of Naples, considering that he was overthrown after the Hundred Days.

>There is a Portuguese Independence Party, implying this United Kingdom's politics are dominated by Brazil
Truly an epic moment of Brazilian history.

Yeah, I'm all for TTL UK.

And it actually helps South America to be in the spotlight of world politics.
I imagine Portuguese nationalism and republicanism would be fairly significant.

Also, if the UK has a PM, then do the member states (PT, BR, LS) have responsible governments?
And how does Cabo Verde, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Sao Tome and Principe and Macau fit into the picture?

The World in 1936
The Day Before the French Invasion of the German States and the Chinese Invasion of Manchuria

"The Calm Before the Storm"

UePD2U2.png

Also, to add some audience participation.

As a result of the attacks, the Labour Party delayed their leadership primary.

Have your say on who would lead the Federal Labour Party

Which country owns the Congo here?

The Death Knell of the Union
"I won't preside over the demise of Portuguese civilization, not me! The line has to be drawn here! This far and no further!"
Recording of King Pedro leaked on the 31st of October 2022
I have been pretty quiet on this timeline, since frankly I don't have any strong opinions on it yet. That being said, loved this update. Especially Portugal gaining the United Kingdom moniker. It's really cute, love it genuinely.

Am I right to assume that Pedro is not monarch of all of the Lusophone countries? Can we have a Wikilist of the member states and their forms of government?

In terms of Portuguese-speaking countries, he is, but in terms of the Lusophone Commonwealth, a few other member states joined for the benefits. So I'll have something on this soon!

Lesser Sunda would probably be worse off as an independent country. It seems like they're better off than IOTL.

Honestly, it is. And East Timor avoids the Indonesian invasion here. It's far more developed than OTL, though it has a very young population. Many make the same argument you do, though, that Lesser Sunda is better off in the Union. Let's see if it wins out.

Also, will we have a list of countries (Not all, but some) ranked by population? It would be really interesting as I think that keeping Uruguay and being more developed could make the United Portuguese Kingdom receive a lot of immigration and have a bigger population

I'm working on a population list right now, and once I've finalized a few map changes I'm working on with someone, I'll be able to get into the swing of it, and that point about Uragary is a good one. Something I'll have to consider.

Seeing that the current Portuguese monarch is Pedro IV, I wonder what happened to Pedro I of Brazil?

With Diana Spencer being an American Prime Minster, who did George VI of Hanover marry?

A idea I have is that Joachim Murat stays as King of Naples, considering that he was overthrown after the Hundred Days.

He ruled well enough and proved critical in holding the early Union together. Though he had to put down more than a few rebellions during his reign

I haven't nailed down who George married yet; I was thinking either Amanda Knatchbull or Princess Kira of Prussia. However, I'm open to ideas!

That's a good point, Joachim Murat, and something I had considered. My idea is that he was overthrown in the revolutions of 1848, which led to the restoration of a united Two Sicilies

>There is a Portuguese Independence Party, implying this United Kingdom's politics are dominated by Brazil
Truly an epic moment of Brazilian history.
Its beautiful

Oh, it is; over 91% of Portuguese Subjects are Brazilians, and just last year, it was announced that as part of the efforts of the UK government to become Carbon Neutral fully by 2030, moving the capital to Rio will be explored since it saves flying the 917 MPs elected from Brazil to Lisbon each year. To say that angered people in Portugal would be an understatement. But, of course, it also doesn't help that the King spends most of his time in Brazil.

Yeah, I'm all for TTL UK.

And it actually helps South America to be in the spotlight of world politics.
I imagine Portuguese nationalism and republicanism would be fairly significant.

Also, if the UK has a PM, then do the member states (PT, BR, LS) have responsible governments?
And how does Cabo Verde, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Sao Tome and Principe and Macau fit into the picture?

That it does! The UK places itself as the speaker for South America, much to the continent's annoyance.

Portuguese nationalism and republicanism are mighty forces, and the Portuguese Independence Party is the only explicitly republican party in the country.

As for how it works, in short, Portugal is a unitary state, and it's not going great.

Cabo Verde, Guinea, Sao Tome and Principe and Macau are each one large district, with a council governing them, granting them a quasi-responsible government. Whereas Portugal, Brazil and Lesser Sunda are divided into a number of districts with appointed civil governors that report directly to the central government and are further divided into Municipalities and parishes. This is not ideal, and there is a growing movement to reorganize the nation into a federal Union, dividing up Brazil into states using its districts as a guideline and granting Portugal Proper and Lesser Sunda state status to placate nationalists. Should Lesser Sunda vote to remain in the Union, this will likely be the path forward to maintain it. However,h the King is bitterly opposed to it.

Equatorial Guinea is a member state of the Lusophone Commonwealth owing to its proximity to Portuguese Sao Tome and Principe, though it was a Spanish Colony.

Which country owns the Congo here?

The Congo was under the authority of the International Congo Company. More on that nightmare later.

I have been pretty quiet on this timeline, since frankly I don't have any strong opinions on it yet. That being said, loved this update. Especially Portugal gaining the United Kingdom moniker. It's really cute, love it genuinely.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it! Anything you'd like to see?