Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Last I checked, there was already one:

But I would dig and fully support and back a new DuMont TL.
I do follow that TL but it seems to be Necro right now. I also sent the OP the same link when he ever comes back.

Believe it or not, until the late 1970s, pinball machines were banned in New York City, citing rackets by the Mafia. What if video games and arcades had fallen into the same suspicion ?

Could a modern musician (The Beatles, Taylor Swift), etc. be viewed in the same vein as a classical great (Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, etc.)? Or is that too optimistic for the modern musician?

Could a modern musician (The Beatles, Taylor Swift), etc. be viewed in the same vein as a classical great (Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, etc.)? Or is that too optimistic for the modern musician?
I think it's already happening. In terms of pop music, it would be Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson , Madonna, ABBA, Queen, Bob Marley and the Beatles that have spanned several decades, while they were alive,and have continued to maintain a level of popularity. Consider that Bob Marley has been dead for over 40 years, but his album is still seen as the standard for reggae...

I think it's already happening. In terms of pop music, it would be Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson , Madonna, ABBA, Queen, Bob Marley and the Beatles that have spanned several decades, while they were alive,and have continued to maintain a level of popularity. Consider that Bob Marley has been dead for over 40 years, but his album is still seen as the standard for reggae...
Broadly I think the composer pop stars (Beatles, Queen, Dylan, Bowie, Marley, more recently people like Taylor Swift) will be remembered much as the composer's of classical music are more famous than the individuals who performed the works. Maybe around 2400AD we'll have "Robert Dylan OP?? "All along the watchtower," preformed by the Olympus Mons chorus choir and string Quartet?

Believe it or not, until the late 1970s, pinball machines were banned in New York City, citing rackets by the Mafia. What if video games and arcades had fallen into the same suspicion ?

Possibly not as Video Games are much more advanced tech and harder for outlaw groups to duplicate at that time so it likely remains the preserve of big business's. By the time they could try to run a racket the hysteria had largely faded anyway so it probably wouldn't be an issue.

Broadly I think the composer pop stars (Beatles, Queen, Dylan, Bowie, Marley, more recently people like Taylor Swift) will be remembered much as the composer's of classical music are more famous than the individuals who performed the works. Maybe around 2400AD we'll have "Robert Dylan OP?? "All along the watchtower," preformed by the Olympus Mons chorus choir and string Quartet?

Possibly not as Video Games are much more advanced tech and harder for outlaw groups to duplicate at that time so it likely remains the preserve of big business's. By the time they could try to run a racket the hysteria had largely faded anyway so it probably wouldn't be an issue.
A) Consider that in Star Trek Beyond:

B) I'm not so sure of that assumption. Consider pachinko has been a topic of racketeering and extortion rackets by the Yakuza, and continued into the 1990s:

Also more recently here are a few scandals that have hit esports:

I'm not well versed in comics nor the history of them, but how's this: what if All-American comics never merged with National publications, essentially butterflying DC? Could this lead to a more competitive comics industry instead of one dominated by DC and Marvel?

I'm not well versed in comics nor the history of them, but how's this: what if All-American comics never merged with National publications, essentially butterflying DC? Could this lead to a more competitive comics industry instead of one dominated by DC and Marvel?
That’s an interesting idea. In fact, there’s already a timeline that exists based around that concept. It’s called Five Colors for a Dime and it was created by @neamathla. You should check it out, it’s very good.

The only specs we've of the SNES-CD use a 32 RISC CPU(an advice research about computers, informatics and CPU btw) that would be roughly similar to the FX but more powerful (Super FX was only 16-bit), meaning wouldn't be needed... that means the FX was a plan B...
Okay. Also, would you like to collaborate with me on a Nintendo-Sony TL that's basically Player Two Start 2.0 someday? Or should we collaborate on a video game TL with a different PoD (maybe a Nintendo-Philips TL?)?

The only specs we've of the SNES-CD use a 32 RISC CPU(an advice research about computers, informatics and CPU btw) that would be roughly similar to the FX but more powerful (Super FX was only 16-bit), meaning wouldn't be needed... that means the FX was a plan B...
Could we see a Super Mario game on the SNES-CD that takes advantage of the system's enhanced capabilities, such as CD-quality audio, FMV anime cutscenes, and time travel as a plot point (basically Mario's Time Machine, but better)?

Could we see a Super Mario game on the SNES-CD that takes advantage of the system's enhanced capabilities, such as CD-quality audio, FMV anime cutscenes, and time travel as a plot point (basically Mario's Time Machine, but better)?
Of course, knowing Miyamoto he would prefer the uncompressed music over FMV but again Japan loved FMV so some might be used. I think the plot would be based a worldwide trek, there a reason why super Mario wacky world existed ( even if cancelled)