Into the Cincoverse - The Cinco de Mayo EU Thread and Wikibox Repository

You are correct! I’m unsure/undecided if multiple FAs a la OTL is what we’ll see in association football, though. But rugby being such a commonwealth sport gets the Home Nations their own sides, yes

that’s a quirk of Wikipedia, incidentally; if anyone knows how to correct for that I’m all ears, because it auto-placed the flags in there without links
Let me know the location of the infobox in Wikipedia and what you want fixed. (Either here or DM). I'm an experienced Wikipedia editor. I presume you want the first irish flag to look like the second one?

Let me know the location of the infobox in Wikipedia and what you want fixed. (Either here or DM). I'm an experienced Wikipedia editor. I presume you want the first irish flag to look like the second one?
It’s the 2019 RWC page (I usually just lift extant boxes and toy with them a bit in Sandbox).

I was actually mulling having the Irish flag be either the green harp banner or the St Patrick’s banner; let’s say the former just since it’s really cool!

It’s the 2019 RWC page (I usually just lift extant boxes and toy with them a bit in Sandbox).

I was actually mulling having the Irish flag be either the green harp banner or the St Patrick’s banner; let’s say the former just since it’s really cool!
I understand that, where is the sandbox that you created to copy?

Done. Both of the Irish Flags are now the harp on the green background. If you wish to keep the current rugby union flag for Ireland for the Gold Medal, remove the champion-flagvar entry.
Awesome! I’ll have to grab it and repost when I’m back from work

Awesome! I’ll have to grab it and repost when I’m back from work
NP. Note, each country has a limited number of flag variants that could be used in an alternate history, basically the ones that are somehow associated in Reality, so, for example, there would be no way to use the current South African Flag to represent Ireland.

NP. Note, each country has a limited number of flag variants that could be used in an alternate history, basically the ones that are somehow associated in Reality, so, for example, there would be no way to use the current South African Flag to represent Ireland.
Yeah, that’s one limitation of the wiki boxes without a more robust multimedia software. But for my purposes it’ll do

Yeah, that’s one limitation of the wiki boxes without a more robust multimedia software. But for my purposes it’ll do
More that it is a decision made across a *large* number of wiki boxes to use a single template for flags based on country name. So that it is easy, for example, to reference the united states flag of 1959 (49 stars) without having to know the name of the image. Wikipedia's decisions *really* don't take Alternate Histories into account when making decisions on things like Infoboxes. 1/2 :)

VfB Königsberg
VfB Königsberg is a German sports club based in Königsberg, East Prussia. Its football club is currently part of the first division of the German football league, the Reichsliga 1. The team, famous for its minimalist black and white uniforms, has won the Viktoria (German national championship) eight times, the Deutsch-Pokal six times, and earned the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1988 while advancing the the European Cup final twice, falling short both times. It plays home matches at the Neu-Sportplatz Maraunenhof in the suburban quarter of Maraunenhof, having built the 48,000-person stadium to replace their original grounds at the same location in 1997 in anticipation of the 2000 FIFA World Cup hosted in Germany.

1668881420480.png

As a note, Officially Wikipedia is against that sort of Alternate History creation as it isn't part of improving the Wikipedia or its articles. (And I say this as a fairly experienced Wikipedian).

Depends on what you are copying. If all you are doing is taking an existing infobox on the final of the 1994 world cup to something fairly different, not all that bad. If you are trying to do something like creating an infobox for the quiddich world cup trying to show who scored and whether the snitch was caught, that's more changing the skeleton than what you are hanging on it, so a new template would be created, which can be much more difficult than simply changing values on an existing temple.

This does bring into question what is going to happen to Poland. If Koeningsberg remains part of Imperial Germany, it means that Eastern (and one must assume, Western) Prussia are never detached and form part of a liberated Poland. We also know that Russia remains neutralish in the CEW meaning that it's unlikely that Congress Poland doesn't get detached from it after the German victory.

I certainly don't expect the Polish ethnic identity to go anywhere - and we know there is increased Polish migration to the United States due to upheval in Russia and it's policies during the latter 19th century. So, my guess is that Poland becomes a bit of a European Kurdistan - a region forever agitating for it's independane and cultural autonomy, but having it's core lands divided up between a number of different nations, making a single war of independence very difficult to pull off.

Perhaps, as Russia liberalizes, we might see them acctually honor the onstitution of the Congress Kingdom, and being able to incorproate Galicia at least into an expanded Polish realm within a Russian Empire - this at least would allow Poland to take the AtL Ireland route andargue for Home Rule on the same level as Finland within the Russian Empire.

Not gonna lie I kinda love the uniforms.

Cool wikibox! Are they hard to make? I may do some once I'm done with "Honor and Profit."
I just used the uniforms that were already attached to the box, but it looks like there’s some kind of edit function built into them
As a note, Officially Wikipedia is against that sort of Alternate History creation as it isn't part of improving the Wikipedia or its articles. (And I say this as a fairly experienced Wikipedian).

Depends on what you are copying. If all you are doing is taking an existing infobox on the final of the 1994 world cup to something fairly different, not all that bad. If you are trying to do something like creating an infobox for the quiddich world cup trying to show who scored and whether the snitch was caught, that's more changing the skeleton than what you are hanging on it, so a new template would be created, which can be much more difficult than simply changing values on an existing temple.
Yeah, I usually just take an existing box, toy with it and then call it good. I wouldn’t even know how to do a template myself
This does bring into question what is going to happen to Poland. If Koeningsberg remains part of Imperial Germany, it means that Eastern (and one must assume, Western) Prussia are never detached and form part of a liberated Poland. We also know that Russia remains neutralish in the CEW meaning that it's unlikely that Congress Poland doesn't get detached from it after the German victory.

I certainly don't expect the Polish ethnic identity to go anywhere - and we know there is increased Polish migration to the United States due to upheval in Russia and it's policies during the latter 19th century. So, my guess is that Poland becomes a bit of a European Kurdistan - a region forever agitating for it's independane and cultural autonomy, but having it's core lands divided up between a number of different nations, making a single war of independence very difficult to pull off.

Perhaps, as Russia liberalizes, we might see them acctually honor the onstitution of the Congress Kingdom, and being able to incorproate Galicia at least into an expanded Polish realm within a Russian Empire - this at least would allow Poland to take the AtL Ireland route andargue for Home Rule on the same level as Finland within the Russian Empire.
We’ll get into that more in the main thread, don’t want to be toooo spoilery - Poland isn’t as hosed as you’d think
From the infobox, about the only "spoiler" that I'm getting is that the world cup is played on 4n, which may indicate the Olympics are on 4n+2 or that there is no equivalent. (and that Argentina survives a nation, I guess?)
Correct! On both counts

From the infobox, about the only "spoiler" that I'm getting is that the world cup is played on 4n, which may indicate the Olympics are on 4n+2 or that there is no equivalent. (and that Argentina survives a nation, I guess?)
It also looks like Italy becomes a republic