The XK-BAM map series

8K Virginia 1634.png
8K Massachusetts 1634.png

Virginia and Massachusetts in 1634

I'm working on RoC era admin maps.
Hey, I'm in no way forcing you to go quicker with this map, take your time, but meanwhile I just have two simple questions, first, are the second-third level administrative divisions map of the WW2 era RoC highly different when compared to the present-day 2nd-3rd level divisions of the PRC?

I am asking this because I have been thinking of erasing the present-day PRC divisions from my WW2 map, I left them in the large 8K map just in case I could re-purpose them to the old RoC map, but they look very awkward and have been a nuisance to me for almost 3 years, I already recognize that the province divisions of the RoC were/still are different from today.

And second, if you have this map that you are using as reference, could you please post it in here somewhere? I am very curious to see how they look, and maybe even try making my own version of it.

Hey, I'm in no way forcing you to go quicker with this map, take your time, but meanwhile I just have two simple questions, first, are the second-third level administrative divisions map of the WW2 era RoC highly different when compared to the present-day 2nd-3rd level divisions of the PRC?

I am asking this because I have been thinking of erasing the present-day PRC divisions from my WW2 map, I left them in the large 8K map just in case I could re-purpose them to the old RoC map, but they look very awkward and have been a nuisance to me for almost 3 years, I already recognize that the province divisions of the RoC were/still are different from today.

And second, if you have this map that you are using as reference, could you please post it in here somewhere? I am very curious to see how they look, and maybe even try making my own version of it.
Not quite much differences in the third level except for Manchuria and Inner Mongolia, second level has some changes, though that would need a lot of research to see how much prefectures changed. Otherwise PRC divisions can be used most of the time.

Last edited:
Ukraine_01-10-22.png

A 8K-BAM patch for Ukraine on October 1st 2022, a day after the Russian annexation of Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.

Do you know if they made any changes to the internal divisions, or did they just keep them the same as they were before?
As far as I know; the military-civilian administrations in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia kept the Ukrainian raions as they were (there was a reform merging most municipalities in 2020) and because I didn't find a resource stating that the raions were changed after annexation, I kept them; however Donetsk and Luhansk PRs kept their pre-2020 districts as they broke away in 2014. I don't know if they are in fact republics though, didn't check a real source for that.

View attachment 783050
A 8K-BAM patch for Ukraine on October 1st 2022, a day after the Russian annexation of Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia oblasts.
As far as I know; the military-civilian administrations in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia kept the Ukrainian raions as they were (there was a reform merging most municipalities in 2020) and because I didn't find a resource stating that the raions were changed after annexation, I kept them; however Donetsk and Luhansk PRs kept their pre-2020 districts as they broke away in 2014. I don't know if they are in fact republics though, didn't check a real source for that.
On this topic of the administrative divisions of Russia, should its Autonomous Okrugs be colored darker or lighter? since they are de-jure subject to other Oblasts, they are not "territories" like the Alaska Territory where it has a darker shade, I think they should have the lightest color (protectorates of protectorates as some color schemes say)

qazse

Gone Fishin'
The hardest thing has not been done - Russian and Kazakh warlords.
North and South America are ready, East Asia is now canonical. Fixed some errors and added antarctica.

Sorry, imgur doesn't work in my country
Do you think you could show all of the Kazakh warlords?

2K-BAM 1930 WIP.png

2K-BAM 1930 Update: Americas
Fixes: Fixed Lake Chad, Changed colors of Crimea & the Norwegian Islands to match their country color
Asia is gonna be a pain.

Last edited: