Base Map & Resource Index

Those resources are a mix of jpg, png, and tif (for the stupidly high resolution) files. Any modern image editor can handle the first two, and most good ones can import tif files.

Anybody know of any map showing Europe, the Berents Sea, Canada or Alaska, if there was full Isostatic Glacial rebound and/or never had Glaciers at all.

Anybody know of any map showing Europe, the Berents Sea, Canada or Alaska, if there was full Isostatic Glacial rebound and/or never had Glaciers at all.

After digging through some old folders on my hard drive, I was able to dig up this palaeogeographic map of North America 3 million years ago before the ice ages hit. Not everything that you asked for but part of the way there.

1666112661677.png

It's crap quality unfortunately, but I had to extract a single frame from the original gif (North America from the Cambrian to the present). This is the source BTW, all the good maps are paywalled now, but a couple of years ago there were some good free samples available that I downloaded at the time.

After digging through some old folders on my hard drive, I was able to dig up this palaeogeographic map of North America 3 million years ago before the ice ages hit. Not everything that you asked for but part of the way there.

View attachment 782549

It's crap quality unfortunately, but I had to extract a single frame from the original gif (North America from the Cambrian to the present). This is the source BTW, all the good maps are paywalled now, but a couple of years ago there were some good free samples available that I downloaded at the time.

Thanks man, it's good enough.

The only thing I had before were clips from Christopher Scotese's videos and this is even higher quality than those.

View attachment 782549

Digging around, this is what I came across for 3.7 million years ago, which is before the start of our official Ice age.

Screenshot_20221020-160858.png

But as it still has a lot of Ice and Glaciers in the North I also got to the next one before that.

Screenshot_20221020-160955.png

Screenshot_20221020-161123.png

And continued until I saw one with no Ice in the Arctic.

Screenshot_20221020-161151.png

Last time no Ice at all in the North.

All from. https://www.academia.edu/11082185/Atlas_of_Neogene_Paleogeographic_Maps 2014

He also had a video of this which appeared as below in 10 million years ago, the last Frame before its showed modern day.

vlcsnap-2022-10-07-19h17m36s690.png

From.

Which just looks like the Glacial Maximum map, which is actually somewhat similar to the map that you gave me.

Global_sea_levels_during_the_last_Ice_Age.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 782549

To continue the confusion.

cenozoic-11-2-Ma-Moll_pleist_GPT-min-1.jpg

cenozoic-12-4-Ma-Moll-_Neo-Plio-GPT-min-1.jpg

global-03-010_Ma_Neo-Mio_GPT-1.jpg

4 and 2 million years ago from a 2016 group connected to a petroleum studies and we have the Hudson closed at both. Did it like flood for a short time in 3.7 and 6.3?.

And its not Just North America but Europe as well with the Berent's Sea above water here. I feel like these are 2 simulations for how much sinking the Ice caused.

So which do you think is more accurate? Scorsese's or the Petroleum studies approximation for the Arctic?. I want to bet the Petroleum cuz of glacial rebound sinking things but if that was the case, the Paleo-Bell river I would assume would continue to exist with a depressed basin or at least the Missississppi Basin remaining the same, rather than actually expanding North during the Pleistocene, tho I might just be wrong and Glacial erosion and deposition accounted more for Glacial depression. What do you think?.

From I think the same source as your original map.

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, but where can I find the QBAM base map with the coastal outlines, the dark blue oceans and the white land? I've seen edited versions but not the blank QBAM of it.