Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

I have begun work on something for MOTF 264, thought may not have much time to work on it until the weekend. (I kinda had a plan and had even begun for a short time for something on 263, but then Libaton posted and I gave up)

I never knew there was a mapping competition on the forums; I guess I could attempt one of the map challenges, although I'm not the best at mapping.

I have begun work on something for MOTF 264, thought may not have much time to work on it until the weekend. (I kinda had a plan and had even begun for a short time for something on 263, but then Libaton posted and I gave up)
I will have a post for 263. Though it will be a much inferior one to Libaton's
It's very flattering to read these but seriously, my map is not that great. Please post!

I am basically done with a map for 263. It's about a Hungary in a TWR-like world that has its autocratic dictatorship overthrown and replaced with a democracy after worsening stability. It's definitely not as good as more experienced people's maps, and definitely won't win, but it's decent for something that I've never really done before and a shot at it. I'll post it later to see what you guys think about it, and probably some changes I need to do.

Here it is.

Attachments

• Second Hungarian Republic.png
    Second Hungarian Republic.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 132
New threads:

Notes:
  • I didn't have a way of checking which contest had the most votes, so I picked one off the list. In the future, I'll check this thread for suggestions.
  • I missed that MotF 265 was already up. I'll keep MotF 266 up, at which point we will get back to one contest running at a time.

Last edited:
Good catch. MotF 265 will be open until 10/24, MotF 266 will be open until 11/7 (since it's already up). As I stated above, after MotF 265 is closed, we will only have one contest going at a time.

Last edited:
I'm encouraged by the recent participation in MotF - there have been lots of options for the past few challenges. If you have any spicy, fresh, new, hot ideas for contest themes, drop them in this thread! I've been picking some off of the old list, but I would like to incorporate your new ideas as well.

Question on Four Corners.
Is the point shared geographical or can it be metaphorical ?
And must it be shared simultaneously or can it be in succession ? (like having "X, the Crossroads of Empires")