The M-BAM Main Thread

I'm doing one right now (here is how far I have gotten)

I do a lot of shit on the M-Bam and it was frustrating to have to fill in the part of the map I'm using over and over again so I decided to just do a coloured world map to use as a template

I'll post the entire map with/without the first/second level when I finish it
That's epic, good luck with it bro!!

Attachments

• PapuaNewGuinea_update.png
    PapuaNewGuinea_update.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
My own little adition:

Bucovina.png

Austrian Bucovina (Bukowina for Westerners) circa 1914. I used the Austro-Hungarian borders made by @IlyaNevelny, and this QBAM resource. I have no idea who made it, but all credit belongs to them, I just traced the upscaled borders. The map is not exactly 100% accurate, but it nevertheless is better than nothing.
Austria-Hungary_neu.png

^ I used this one for Bucovina's internal divisions. I did not make this, and (I repeat) all credit goes to the chad who made it.

^ I used this one for Bucovina's internal divisions. I did not make this, and (I repeat) all credit goes to the chad who made it.
I believe the chad who made this is @ValdoreWorks
That would indeed be me, though I doubt it is worth much of praise. I just added the third level divisions to the existing Q-BAM after all.

More importantly, I distantly remember having made at least a partial district map for Austria-Hungary (and perhaps beyond) a long time ago and after a short search, the little snippet attached below leads me to believe that I remember correctly.
Sadly, like much of my other pre-2020 stuff, I worry it is (at the very least) buried deep in the archives, so I'm not sure how fast/if I could find the complete map. But just to avoid potential double work for Austria-Hungary, I thought I'd mention it.

Val

1658350001945.png

EDIT: Yeah no, I ain't finding it. Perhaps archiving/throwing away most of your (albeit, mostly cringe) old works isn't always the best idea.
Or maybe I ever only made the third level divisions for this particular area. This rendition of 1900 Ukrainian powiats is all else I can find to offer.

Українські_Повіти.png

Last edited:
mol 1483.png

I lost braincells and I think so did the one who designed these counties. I am not 100% sure they are correct, as the M-BAM lacks rivers and such. I attempted to round them according to some of the smaller districts, while following rough locations of towns. Based it off this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/Moldova_(1483)-ro.svg

basically, Moldavian counties in 1483, before Moldavia lost about 50-60% of the Bugeac. (or Basarabia, the name initally only referred to that area.)

I have no idea to whom this may be useful, but it exists.

EDIT: Managed to get that map into M-BAM, will attempt to retrace the counties

EDIT 2: Okay I retraced the borders. Quality is questionable, but I am certain they are much closer to the true shapes. Feel free to modify them.

mol 1483.png

Last edited:
Might be a dumb question, but what is this red region in Costa Rica? I couldn't find anything on a border dispute between CR and Nicaragua aside from a recent dispute over a patch of the river San Juan which this is not, so what exactly is it?

Attachments

• uytoi7y.png
    uytoi7y.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 287

Crazy Boris

Banned
Might be a dumb question, but what is this red region in Costa Rica? I couldn't find anything on a border dispute between CR and Nicaragua aside from a recent dispute over a patch of the river San Juan which this is not, so what exactly is it?

Guanacaste and Nicoya. The president of Nicaragua has been making some irredentist statements lately concerning the region, which was Nicaraguan until the 1830s (I think), effectively reviving a previously settled dispute

Damnit.
What would be better? Using other BAM maps with rivers to draw the border or should I use completely other maps for it?
In my opinion, a mix of both would be a good idea. We can use the QBAM river map to get a rough outline of what it's supposed to look like, or use GIS resources in a Robinson projection, but anything that's not in the QBAM projection will be significantly harder to use.

That's an area called the Partido de Nicoya, it was part of Nicaragua until 1824, when it was annexed by Costa Rica. The funny thing is that the annexation happened when both countries were states of the Federal Republic of Central America.