Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My MoTF entry.

dfdw5na-0bbde750-56a0-4c2b-88d1-85c9b46912f9.png
What are the pro-Russian separatists in Belarus like?

I don't think it's possible for Belarus to win this.
Admittedly it's a little ASB. But maybe let's assume Ukrainians are sabotaging their ally's efforts to an even greater degree than Belarusians in OTL, blowing railways and whatnot. Also, maybe there was a deeper and swifter integration with NATO prior to the invasion than in the case of Ukraine.

Nice stuff!
Thanks!

What are the pro-Russian separatists in Belarus like?
Like the ones in Ukraine I imagine

Like the ones in Ukraine I imagine
I'm just wondering what regions would secede, given that the distribution of where Russian is speaking in Belarus is relatively evenly distributed throughout the country compared to Ukraine, where it's very much concentrated in the southeast.

dfdyf58-49d1906e-b87c-4339-81b0-9f3b85c5973d.png

NTS Post-Nazi Collapse Russia

After looking at that TNO thing long time ago (maybe they had the same idea as I later, but I didn't follow the project closely so I don't know) and reading an article about NTS (National Alliance of Russian Solidarists) I immediately had an idea to make a map where NTS came to power after some sort of Nazi Collapse (interesting, given that this is portrayed in both TNO and TWR - one of the most popular Nazi victory scenarios today - would that make "Nazi Collapse" a new cliche?).
So what is so special about NTS? Well, these guys tried to infiltrate not just only the USSR, they also tried to infiltrate the German occupationary administration during WW2, while also remaining opposed to the Soviets. I actually think that they're one of the most interesting White emigre groups and not just because of their insignia.
In this scenario, sort of "new generic" where Nazis won but eventually lost and collapsed, NTS gradually infiltrated the government of RK Muscovy and seized the power, somehow.
If you wonder what the names of the provinces are - well, there isn't anything very special - the administrative boundaries mostly mirror the old Soviet ones, though they're governates (gubernias) now, not oblasts.

dfdyf58-49d1906e-b87c-4339-81b0-9f3b85c5973d.png

NTS Post-Nazi Collapse Russia

After looking at that TNO thing long time ago (maybe they had the same idea as I later, but I didn't follow the project closely so I don't know) and reading an article about NTS (National Alliance of Russian Solidarists) I immediately had an idea to make a map where NTS came to power after some sort of Nazi Collapse (interesting, given that this is portrayed in both TNO and TWR - one of the most popular Nazi victory scenarios today - would that make "Nazi Collapse" a new cliche?).
So what is so special about NTS? Well, these guys tried to infiltrate not just only the USSR, they also tried to infiltrate the German occupationary administration during WW2, while also remaining opposed to the Soviets. I actually think that they're one of the most interesting White emigre groups and not just because of their insignia.
In this scenario, sort of "new generic" where Nazis won but eventually lost and collapsed, NTS gradually infiltrated the government of RK Muscovy and seized the power, somehow.
If you wonder what the names of the provinces are - well, there isn't anything very special - the administrative boundaries mostly mirror the old Soviet ones, though they're governates (gubernias) now, not oblasts.
Why are they using the tryzub?

Why are they using the tryzub?
Well, technically it is a sign of Vladimir the Great, a ruler of Rus, so the sign shows a continuity to Rus, which is in Russia traditionally considered to be the first Russian state. It was actually adopted by Ukraine in 1917 for the same reasons (Rus as the first Ukrainian state), though as NTS came later than that, they probably wanted to, as the English Wikipedia puts it, "demonstrate the continuity and interrelatedness of Russian and Ukrainian tradition".

1663900540536.png

The world on 12 October 2032, 10 years after the Americas were ISOTed from 1492. Denmark has northernmost Canada, while England and Scotland are in the process of handing over their colonies to the US (who took over from their Pacific territories). Much of the major tribes are granted special status for now, as negotiations are being held on how to integrate them into the re-formed United States.

The Aztec and Maya have been held as UN territories due to the complications caused by their human sacrifice; thus far, the practice has been largely phased out except for a few remote cults. The Inca Empire survives as the Empire of Tawantinsuyu, and has begun steps to modernize.

Successful inoculation attempts have resulted in the immunity of 83% of Native Americans from Old-World diseases like COVID-19, monkeypox, and tuberculosis.

Will say that this scenario does seem way to optimistic and somewhat impassible especially the reformed US which would not even have control over the Americas and would in fact control over what amounts to a mostly native American population which would not want anything to do with the US, and that before we include the parts that weren't even under their control. Even the handing over of British parts seems weird since those people would think of themselves as British subjects rather than American who did not even exist in their thoughts.

dfdzxbx-23b761a3-ace0-4a40-bb42-9c04515ed851.png

Here France was far more succesful than OTL, obviously, somewhat overtaking the OTL Britain's role and place during 19th century, though it is far less commited to the ideas such as freedom of trade, while being much more proselytic.

Status
Not open for further replies.