Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda reminds me of "The Gestapo's Last Orgy."
The . . . WHAT?!?!?!

To get this thread onto a somewhat less *covers eyes and runs away screaming* note, here is my five minute sketch of a world where Caesar lived long enough to carry out a couple more campaigns before kicking the bucket of natural causes. The butterfly effect is going to be a hurricane. (Not that the Republic will be saved.)
1663578738338.png

The . . . WHAT?!?!?!

To get this thread onto a somewhat less *covers eyes and runs away screaming* note, here is my five minute sketch of a world where Caesar lived long enough to carry out a couple more campaigns before kicking the bucket of natural causes. The butterfly effect is going to be a hurricane. (Not that the Republic will be saved.)
View attachment 775410
Interesting, very cool idea and good map, but why didn't Caeser also go after the Dacians before turning to Anatolia and furhter East into Mesopotamia?

Seems cool. What are the frontier states like, what’s their relationship with the government?
The Frontier States are usually varying degrees of loose alliances and confederations of communities that happen to be kind of left aside by the Central Government. Their relation to the Govt varies. Vermont and NY are in a constant state of guerilla warfare, Pennsylvania regularly raids Westsylvania, Virginia dislikes Ohio veeeery much, but doesn't really care about them, North Carolina and Franklin actually have somewhat friendly relations, and then while nothing at the moment is happening between Georgia and South Georgia, Georgia has promised to level the separatist entity to the ground and hang all politicians supporting it.
Then there's some frontier states set in lands de jure under the Spanish and British, like Wabash, who's essentially almost part of Ohio, or Mississippi, who's really not much of a real thing, later historiographs would misportray it as a frontier state while really it was just a bunch of majority native settlements where most of the population was French, Spanish, British, Americans or other fur traders passing by and inhabiting the cheaper houses on this side of the river rather than cross it and pay full price to stay the week in like Saint-Louis.
Some then, like Bourbon actually recognise themselves as an autonomous county of Georgia, and West Florida is a guy and his followers who basically just created a state after seizing the local region.

Is there a specific thread or section dedicated to maps of Earth set in a more distant future, thousands of years from now? just restarted my interest in WH40k and Dune and I really want to see maps of how people imagine such scenarios.

1663721187366.png

Well, about time I started venting the horrors that haunt my imperfect meat-based processing on the broader history-alternating public of the ethernet leagues. Like many a bold and provocative artist, I'll let my work speak for itself.

...Insofar as it speaks of this America being a mildly to majorly insane oligarchy preparing to wage apocalyptic war on the outside war out of raw paranoia.

from my timeline the massive berber wank that i gave well now the great berber empire has conquered egypt and installed its new vassal on the throne making the berber emperor lord of africa by 900 and still aside from persia rome biggest rival
1663770866317.png

Status
Not open for further replies.