L’Aigle Triomphant: A Napoleonic Victory TL

They’re already arguing over how to interpret the constitution? It’s barely 30 years old. They can still ask several of the people who drafted it what they wanted out of it.

Interesting idea having the Florida Parishes potentially constituting a state in their on right. I doubt though that the Federalist Party would put up John Marshall in 1812 as it would be controversial to have the sitting chief justice run for president without first quitting the court.

They’re already arguing over how to interpret the constitution? It’s barely 30 years old. They can still ask several of the people who drafted it what they wanted out of it.
if they follow this path they could very well become a banana republic, which changes the constitution with each new government.

Oh yeah. The debate about strict constructionism dates to the drafting of the Constitution itself. Which is not surprising, since the drafters disagreed about a fair deal and the document was a grab-bag of compromises (the 3/5ths rule a particularly notorious one)
Interesting idea having the Florida Parishes potentially constituting a state in their on right. I doubt though that the Federalist Party would put up John Marshall in 1812 as it would be controversial to have the sitting chief justice run for president without first quitting the court.
Well, not so much solo on their own as being part of a State of West Florida that basically covers that area, southern MS/AL and the central time zone FL panhandle

And while this is certainly true, candidates dint really resign OR campaign at this point in history, so it’s probably redundant

Oh yeah. The debate about strict constructionism dates to the drafting of the Constitution itself. Which is not surprising, since the drafters disagreed about a fair deal and the document was a grab-bag of compromises (the 3/5ths rule a particularly notorious one)

Well, not so much solo on their own as being part of a State of West Florida that basically covers that area, southern MS/AL and the central time zone FL panhandle

And while this is certainly true, candidates dint really resign OR campaign at this point in history, so it’s probably redundant
The only supreme court justice to be nominated by a party for the presidency did resign though. Likewise for the only other candidate nominated from the judiciary.

my new interpretation of this world
1662383915419.png

The only supreme court justice to be nominated by a party for the presidency did resign though. Likewise for the only other candidate nominated from the judiciary.
I’m not sure that precedent would have been established so early though. The Supreme Court was not always in session and only heard one constitutional case in 1832 which was decided much earlier. Marshall could’ve stayed Chief Justice and campaigned without ruling in any cases.

I’m not sure that precedent would have been established so early though. The Supreme Court was not always in session and only heard one constitutional case in 1832 which was decided much earlier. Marshall could’ve stayed Chief Justice and campaigned without ruling in any cases.
He still seems like an odd choice to be nominated for president.

HENRY CLAY!
My King is alive!
Do you think they actually agreed on that?

Because they didn't.
“Guys let’s just get this done so we can get sloshed at Ben’s place, he’s got the good French hookers this time”
my new interpretation of this world
View attachment 772075
French South Island in NZ is a something I don’t think I’ve seen before!
Brazil you're scaring me
Thicczil
He still seems like an odd choice to be nominated for president.
At the very least it’s unlikely to be repeated anytime soon. His nomination spoke more to the paucity of Federalist options