Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Good things about this globe? Well, they got Africa comparatively accurate depicted.

badgoreyglobe.jpg

Accurate compared with what, you ask? Well, compared with the rest of that globe.

badgoreglobes.jpg
(Enlarge thumbnail at your own risk. You have been warned.)

What makes this globe especially peculiar is that the names of countries and cities are (as far as one can tell) in the correct position but the coastlines tend to fail spectacularly.

Another angle on the Australia/Pacific side:

badreallydafuqs.jpg

I had considered something involving astronomy. However, I rejected it as the rotation of the Earth meant that such things as the Celestial equator would change their position relative to Earth geography. Or am I wrong about that?
The ecliptic doesn't lie neatly on the celestial equator:

sc001ecliptic.gif

But that's in the sky, where the sun is compared to the fixed stars, you can't really make a sensible equivalent on earth.
True. What some globes do, rather than plot the ecliptic with an arbitrary longitudinal alignment, is draw what's known as an "analemma" in an otherwise boring area of ocean. That way you can trace the Sun's latitude over the course of the year just as well as on the globe we've been looking at, while the east-west dimension is freed up to clearly show the oscillation in the timing of solar noon due to the ellipticality of the Earth's orbit.

True. What some globes do, rather than plot the ecliptic with an arbitrary longitudinal alignment, is draw what's known as an "analemma" in an otherwise boring area of ocean. That way you can trace the Sun's latitude over the course of the year just as well as on the globe we've been looking at, while the east-west dimension is freed up to clearly show the oscillation in the timing of solar noon due to the ellipticality of the Earth's orbit.
That was VERY common practice on older globes.... I have one from like 1953 that has the analemma....

I don't know what's worse; the Great Missouri Sea, the random breakaway state in Colombia, the dented state of Africa, the lack of Ukraine, the UAR, Doggerland, Big Mexico. In the words of Emperor Tiggerstraw: "Nope/10"

This is getting sent back to Hell where it came from.
I'd say even a -1/10.

There are lots of map projections. Mercator, Robinson, Gall-Peters and so on.

But Ishihara was new to me.

badishihara5a.jpg

(looking through the red side of an old 3D spectacle might help)

Now back to some education:

View attachment 772573
Some politician in London: "We're concerned about the links which there seem to be between some Catholic families in Glasgow and Irish Nationalists. We call upon the Scots to put some distance between them."
A series of earthquakes happen. Half of Scotland moves off to the north-east, incidentally causing part of Norway to move the same way, raising the mountains there to higher than the Alps.
"No, that's not what I meant!"
Whilst people are distracted with this, Belgium takes the opportunity to steal part of northern France.